TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through September 23, 2017

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Premieres (Scripted TV Shows): ARCHIVES: Archive through September 23, 2017 users admin

Jasper

09-14-2000

Friday, August 11, 2017 - 7:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
I just wondered if it was worth getting invested in. I have all the eps pvrd. Jennifer Finnegan is not a favourite of mine to watch.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, August 11, 2017 - 8:06 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I deleted the last show I recorded and removed it from my schedule

Gurliegirl

06-20-2006

Friday, August 11, 2017 - 9:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gurliegirl a private message Print Post    
I'm about to delete the last three. I watched the first two but haven't felt the need to watch anymore and they're just taking up space on my DVR. Just meh.

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Friday, August 11, 2017 - 5:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
I like it.

Lyn

08-06-2002

Saturday, August 12, 2017 - 6:00 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lyn a private message Print Post    
I'm liking Salvation. A bit on the predictable side but not a bad summertime show

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, August 12, 2017 - 1:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Different strokes and probably different summers 😎

Lyn

08-06-2002

Saturday, August 26, 2017 - 3:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lyn a private message Print Post    
Only three more episodes left of Salvation. I'm still enjoying it...

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Saturday, August 26, 2017 - 3:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I'm enjoying it more now as well.

Naja

06-28-2003

Saturday, August 26, 2017 - 3:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
So has anybody watched "Get Shorty" on epix channel? I think it's aired up to episode 3 so far. I don't get that channel, but I thought if it's any good I would go look for a download someplace.

Is it good enough to make the effort?

Rieann

08-26-2006

Saturday, August 26, 2017 - 5:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rieann a private message Print Post    
I didn't know they made a series, Naja. If I do watch it... ahem... elsewhere (lol), I'll let you know. Chris O'Dowd is great and Elmore Leonard (RIP) always provides funny material.

I enjoyed Epix's Berlin Station and was happy to hear they are doing a season 2.

Naja

06-28-2003

Friday, September 01, 2017 - 7:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Rieann, I decided to download "Get Shorty" and it's pretty good. I am on ep 3 and it's really picking up and getting fun. The first 2 eps were slower than I expected. So far 4 eps have aired, but I am going to wait until tomorrow night to watch ep 4.

Tvwatcher

04-16-2004

Sunday, September 03, 2017 - 7:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tvwatcher a private message Print Post    
I grabbed "Get Shorty" last night and watched the first episode - I liked it!

To me, it has a bit of a Fargo vibe to it - especially with that music/drumbeats in the background

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, September 05, 2017 - 1:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
After a 4 year wait, season 2 of "Top of the Lake" starts Sunday, Sept 10, on Sundance channel.

The full title of season 2 is Top of the Lake: China Girl

It's a twisted dark murder mystery show starring Mad Men's Kate Moss. This season she is in Sydney, Australia, and an Asian girl is found dead on the beach.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Tuesday, September 05, 2017 - 2:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
Oops...Naja, you got the wrong Moss. It's Elizabeth. I love her...she was great in last season's TOTL.

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, September 05, 2017 - 2:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
OOOps, yep. And the funny thing is I really do know her name and she is one of my favorite actresses.

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, September 11, 2017 - 3:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
In last night's premiere night of "Top of the Lake", didn't you feel like there was too much coincidence going on?

Saggkl

07-16-2002

Tuesday, September 12, 2017 - 3:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Saggkl a private message Print Post    
I checked the Sundance channel's program schedule for Sun 17th, and didn't see anything Called Top of the Lake. Does Time Warner have a different line up than some others?

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, September 12, 2017 - 3:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
No, it doesn't have a different line-up. Tonight is the final night, Saggkl. They are playing all 6 parts over 3 nights. Tonight's final 2 parts are on from 8-10:40 PM central time. Plus, the episodes are showing up in on-demand the next day.

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, September 19, 2017 - 8:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I just finished watching the most awesome mini-series on NatGeo.

It is called "The State".

A powerful new drama from renowned writer/director Peter Kosminsky, The State follows the experiences of four British men and women who leave their lives behind to join ISIS in Syria. In an unflinching depiction of the realities of life under ISIS, The State provides a deeply authentic drama through which we are able to explore and confront one of the most important issues of our time.

http://channel.nationalgeographic.com/the-state/

NatGeo isn't exactly known for its dramas, but this was great. It was four 1 hour episodes and they are all in on-demand right now.

Sugar

08-15-2000

Wednesday, September 20, 2017 - 9:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
I think Top of the Lake China Girl was better than Top of the Lake which was painfully slow and had the bizarrely barely or more likely unrelated bit with the Holly Hunter clan, it was just to far off plot.

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, September 20, 2017 - 4:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Season 2 of "Channel Zero" starts tonight on SYFY. It's supposed to be MUCH better than last season.

Remember last season, Candle Cove, they showed flashbacks of when a group of friends were children and would see a pirate puppet show on TV, but all anyone else saw was a fuzzy tv screen?

This season is titled "Channel Zero: No-End House"

Inspired by Brian Russell’s Creepypasta tale, Channel Zero: No-End House tells the story of a young woman named Margot Sleator who visits the No-End House, a bizarre house of horrors that consists of a series of increasingly disturbing rooms. When she returns home, Margot realizes everything has changed.

http://www.syfy.com/channel-zero-no-end-house/about

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, September 21, 2017 - 9:04 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I thought Channel Zero premiere was pretty good. Very creepy and mysterious.

Jasper

09-14-2000

Saturday, September 23, 2017 - 12:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
Canadians - for those that don't check out the CBC too often, a new show is beginning on Monday Sept 25 called Alias Grace. I'm reallly looking forward to it. It's based on another Margaret Atwood book, which is in turn based on facts.

As well they are going to be airing, not sure when, a female detective series set in the 1920s called Frankie Drake.

Jasper

09-14-2000

Saturday, September 23, 2017 - 3:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
For Canadians again, the new season of Midsomer Murders started on TVO,Sept 15. I never notice til this past Firiday. Burnaby has a new sidekick.

Lyn

08-06-2002

Saturday, September 23, 2017 - 6:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lyn a private message Print Post    
I really enjoy Midsomer Murders. It's quirky and kind of fun.