TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through September 16, 2017

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Outlander: Outlander - A Starz Original Series: Archive through September 16, 2017 users admin

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Monday, June 13, 2016 - 12:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
I enjoy this show a lot. Good acting. Fergus is a cutie.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Monday, June 13, 2016 - 12:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
No, "we" didn't "all" know that. I wish I still didn't.

But that's the whole reason Claire and Jamie were trying to stop it, cause she told him how it's going to turn out. Not a spoiler. It was in the show. She told him they would win at Prestonpans, but the rest is going to go very, very badly for the Scots. That's why they were trying to change history.

And hey, my edit button is back now! Weird!

Roteach

06-01-2003

Monday, June 13, 2016 - 12:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roteach a private message Print Post    
Only one more episode this season. I'm going to have to search IMDB to find more shows and movies that Sam and Cait are in. Heck, Tobias just popped up on GOT. I didn't know him when he was first on GOT and now I do so I pay more attention.

06-29-2002

Monday, June 13, 2016 - 12:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Moderator a private message Print Post    
If someone has issues about possible spoiling, please Email the moderators and let us handle it. Thanks!

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Monday, June 13, 2016 - 2:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
"But that's the whole reason Claire and Jamie were trying to stop it, cause she told him how it's going to turn out."

Okay. When you said "we all know how it turned out" (past tense) it sounded like you were talking about something that will happen but has not yet happened on the show.

I know what Claire said but I also know they are trying to stop it, so I had hope they might actually do something that could change what will happen in their future. I don't hold any hope for that anymore.

Sorry if I was too snippy. It's been a rough couple of days (current events wise) and I've really have been holding out for an ending of this season that would be somewhat happier than than one requiring "boxes and boxes of kleenex".

I apologize if I offended you, Babyjaxmom. :-)

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Monday, June 13, 2016 - 3:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
No offense taken at all, SFJF! You know I love you and appreciate all your wonderful, thoughtful insights. I hate spoilers too, so even though I've read all the books, I try not to talk about what's happened in them. They've made a few changes here and there, but I still love this show!

It has been a rough couple of days. I understand where you're coming from completely. Hugs, SFJF!

As Americans, we all ache for Orlando.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Monday, June 13, 2016 - 3:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
(((SFJF))) Personally I love the spoilers it's just easier on my nerves (I hate suspense and I hate violence!) and am especially glad there is a thread here for the book. I also enjoy reading about the differences between the book and the show. But yeah, I feel spoilery-type stuff is more suited to the book thread.

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Monday, June 13, 2016 - 6:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
There are three more episodes this season, according to imdb.com.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Monday, June 13, 2016 - 9:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Oh, that's good, Heckagirl! I didn't think the season should be over already. Good news!

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Tuesday, June 14, 2016 - 6:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
I should clarify my previous post. I haven't read the books. So I enjoy tbe chatter in the book tbread.
I did TRY to read one of the books but I just didn't like it.

Teachmichigan

07-22-2001

Tuesday, June 14, 2016 - 5:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Teachmichigan a private message Print Post    
Sorry for the horrific week, SFJF! I'd have said the same thing had I been online the last couple days since the first episode shows Claire back in 1948 and the man in the car said the British won Culloden. I guess I would have thought the end was already foreshadowed, too.

Yes, three more episodes, AND two more seasons!!! I would love it if they just did ALL the books. :-)

Cathie

08-16-2000

Thursday, July 07, 2016 - 12:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cathie a private message Print Post    
Did they have an episode last Saturday (7-2)? We were out of town and I expected to see an episode waiting on my DVR but there was none there.

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, July 07, 2016 - 12:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
No episode last week, Cathie :-) The last one was June 25.

Cathie

08-16-2000

Thursday, July 07, 2016 - 12:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cathie a private message Print Post    
Thanks--so glad I didn't miss one!

Beth4freedom

10-24-2003

Friday, July 08, 2016 - 12:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Beth4freedom a private message Print Post    
Super-sized season finale coming this Saturday! (90-minutes I think? Heads up for those recording!)

Snoopsmom

02-19-2003

Sunday, July 10, 2016 - 12:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Snoopsmom a private message Print Post    
The season finale exceeded my expectations. It was wonderful and the 90 minutes went by way too fast. When does season 3 start?

Smokey

07-07-2003

Sunday, July 10, 2016 - 7:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Smokey a private message Print Post    
I was thrilled with the finale. The best episode of the season.

Teachmichigan

07-22-2001

Sunday, July 10, 2016 - 9:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Teachmichigan a private message Print Post    
Loved it, and loved that so many lines were directly from the novel.

Snoops - they haven't said specifically, but Ron said the gap between 3 and 4 shouldn't be as long because now they can prep for both seasons. The cast is reporting back sometime in August, and Matt B. Roberts (one of the writers/co-producers) said they would probably start filming in Sept. That's similar to S2 shooting, so it will probably be spring 2017 for S3.

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Thursday, September 07, 2017 - 6:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
It's back on Sunday. I'm thinking about buying the Starz app to watch it on my laptop. Will it work?

Teachmichigan

07-22-2001

Thursday, September 07, 2017 - 7:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Teachmichigan a private message Print Post    
Yup. I have the Starz channel through Amazon Prime - it's only $8 a month. They release on midnight that way, too. :-)

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Wednesday, September 13, 2017 - 4:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Lovely episode. So, so sad. That last line, "Where'd she get the red hair?" Ouch.

Teachmichigan

07-22-2001

Thursday, September 14, 2017 - 8:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Teachmichigan a private message Print Post    
Loved it. Would have enjoyed more of Jamie at stones and less of Frank on the couch (not a Frank fan), but it was such a fantastic return!

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Thursday, September 14, 2017 - 9:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Awwwwww, I feel sorry for Frank. It's not his fault his wife fell in love with someone else. Now Jack Randall is another story. He's revolting. Poor Frank is just trying to make the best of a bad situation. And he's standing by Claire and the baby, even though it's not his. Frank's a standup guy.

Teachmichigan

07-22-2001

Friday, September 15, 2017 - 3:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Teachmichigan a private message Print Post    
Have you read the books, Ba peopbyjax? Most of my feelings about Frank are a result of that...he is not a stand-up guy at all, but it's coming (maybe -- if the show follows the book), so I could see why *so far* people think he's not too bad.

Even on the show, though, he is so opposite of Jamie. He doesn't believe Claire, he makes her get rid of even her clothes to try to force her not to talk about Jamie...while Jamie immediately believes and takes her back to the stones...twice! He acknowledges Frank's place in Claire's life, even after that connection causes tragedy in their lives....

Yeah, not a Frank fan. LOL

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Saturday, September 16, 2017 - 10:35 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Yes, I read all the books, Teachmichigan. I still believe Frank tried to be a standup guy, but Claire just kept pushing him away. Her heart was with Jamie, so eventually Frank will look elsewhere for love. Can't blame him there.

I don't blame Frank for not wanting to talk about Jamie. How many people want to hear all the details about their spouse's "ex"? It's kind of natural that he doesn't want to talk about it, and I understand him being skeptical of her experience. Most modern people don't believe in time travel. He probably believed (at least at first) that it was a made-up story to cover where she'd really been those two and a half years.

Now Jamie, on the other hand, lives in a time where people are very accepting of things they can't see. They believe in spirits, ghosts, etc. It would be easier for him to accept the existence of the stones.

Poor Frank is just doing the best he can in a terrible situation. He's raising Jamie's daughter as his own. He wants to be close to Claire, but she only wants Jamie. They were very much in love before Claire went through the stones, and now he doesn't understand the change in her. I feel bad for him.