TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through September 17, 2017

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: The Sinner on USA: Archive through September 17, 2017 users admin

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Monday, August 21, 2017 - 1:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I agree with you all that the detective and his weird sexual issues are a distraction from the main story and totally not necessary. I just hate that he's cheating on sweet Kathryn Erbe. She should kick him to the curb. And I do not enjoy watching his antics with that sleazy waitress. Yuck!

Pamy

01-01-2002

Monday, August 21, 2017 - 7:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Iam guessing there is a reason he is like that and it will tie in somehow. I think we may learn why he likes that stuff, possible trauma in his background, and that is how he relates to her or why he is obsessed about finding out why

bjm, i remember her from OZ

Spunky

10-07-2001

Monday, August 28, 2017 - 9:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
The Sinner is airing in Canada as well...

I just finished watching the first 2 episodes and I must say, it's an intriguing story. Right away I thought, oh the detective is right, it's an 'emotional murder', then we find out that she did know the guy who got her pregnant but left her and I said, 'well, that's your motive' but then we see how the music sets off her aggression and here we have another clue that something connects the music to the stabbing since it's repeated with the detective and she strikes in the same manner as the stabbing.
Then we have all the emotional trauma she suffered as a child, the continuous reproaching by her mother making her feeling guilty for her sister illness. So I said, well 'she was sexually abused as a child' and she hates sex and wants out of her married life and so on, but to leave her own child must be some mental anguish she has, how can you classify this type of murder, temporary insanity is the only thing I could say which it's due to past traumas, still she did kill a man and somehow she has to pay for it, either jail or mental institution, I don't think she can return to her life and maybe doesn't even want, how awful, to not want her own child.

Now I can't wait to see the next episode.

Spunky

10-07-2001

Tuesday, September 05, 2017 - 3:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
And I liked the third episode as well... it's very intriguing, so many angles, but definitely she suffered a trauma when she was living with her strange family, growing up with a sense of guilt and some very suspicious behaviour from her parents. If they keep adding more clues at every episode, especially the unexpected ones, it's very watchable and I already want to see the next episode.

Whrlwnd

10-13-2006

Wednesday, September 06, 2017 - 6:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Whrlwnd a private message Print Post    
Me too, Spunky, every week I can't wait for the next one. :-)

I wish we were on the same episode, so I wouldn't worry about spoiling you. Suffice it to say, Nora's story is even more complicated than it seems in episode 3. I look forward to hearing what you think as you get deeper in.

Lol, I can't wait to see what I think w/ each new ep either.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Wednesday, September 06, 2017 - 6:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
i really wish I would have been able to binge all 8 eps over a weekend. it moves so slow and the wait kills me!

Cablejockey

12-26-2001

Wednesday, September 06, 2017 - 7:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cablejockey a private message Print Post    
The scars on her arms and head seem very connected to her odd behaviour. The fact that she was cured so quickly in detox and in good health makes it look as if she was purposely addicted and then brainwashed somehow.

Sugar

08-15-2000

Wednesday, September 06, 2017 - 9:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
Pamy, I wish I could binge watch and agree it moves slowly. Glacially slow. I want to binge watch to end my self induced viewing misery. I don't particularly like it but am finishing as it is but a few episodes. Maybe I am missing something as I have only been half watching and playing on my tablet at the same time. Maybe I will be surprised and these last episodes will leave me agog with delight that it ended up being a good show.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Wednesday, September 06, 2017 - 10:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
tonights ep was really boring

Panda

07-15-2005

Saturday, September 09, 2017 - 9:43 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Panda a private message Print Post    
Yes it is a little slow but then I look at my phone or laptop for a few minutes then have to rewind to catch what they said!

I sometimes read a recap - I think EW writes them up!

Strategist

07-01-2014

Tuesday, September 12, 2017 - 11:36 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Strategist a private message Print Post    
I dropped this show because I found it to drag on as well.

Spunky

10-07-2001

Tuesday, September 12, 2017 - 7:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
Yes, I agree that it's really dragging the plot a bit too slow, but at every episode we see some new clue and there will be more and they'll spread those clues in the remaining episodes, but at one point towards the end of this 4 episode it looked like they purposely slowed down, they didn't want to give too much away, I thought, good Lord, I'd rather see a bit more each episode. I'm getting closer but I feel I'm stuck as well in that swamp... I'd like to know if the detective knows more than he wants to share with her, and now they've uncovered a body... Her husband seems to complicate matters.
It was not clear if she told she was given the drug, that pill definitely caused memory loss, the gasoline, what the heck was that guy doing with it, and why was Maddie scared or was just part of the plan, and the school bus near the swamp and then the body. All these new clues and I'm still in limbo...

But I like these shows that keep me intrigued, never fast forwarding... only to skip those blasted commercials.

Cablejockey

12-26-2001

Wednesday, September 13, 2017 - 8:09 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cablejockey a private message Print Post    
I am wondering why is that detective taking such an interest in Cora's case--especially when its such a slam dunk looking case? Did I miss something? Or is he one of those cops who can tell that something isnt feeling right?
The relationship Cora had with her younger sister is looking creepier with each episode.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Saturday, September 16, 2017 - 10:10 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
do we know for sure the bones they dug up were of the blonde girl? I was thinking they could be the sister's...but I still feel the sister isnt real..after this last ep I know she has to be but something doesnt feel right

Panda

07-15-2005

Saturday, September 16, 2017 - 11:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Panda a private message Print Post    
I even read an article that supposedly answers questions about the last episode and I am still baffled! LOL

Pamy

01-01-2002

Saturday, September 16, 2017 - 1:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Panda, do you have a link to that article? would love to read it

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Saturday, September 16, 2017 - 1:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
I don't know if this was Panda's source, but I found this article that explains what happened in the latest episode (ep 7) and I, too, am now baffled!

When I watched episode 7, I thought it was fairly straightforward but after reading this article, I feel completely confused.

This article is about episode 7 and it references a few things about previous episodes...but it's not a spoiler for the finale episode that has not yet aired.

----

Every Single Question You’ve Had About The Sinner Mysteries, Answered

http://www.refinery29.com/2017/09/172190/the-sinner-recap-episode-7-cora-frankie-phoebe-answers

Pamy

01-01-2002

Saturday, September 16, 2017 - 2:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
cool, ty Sanfran!! ooohhh Sanfran, I thought about ya yesterday as I was driving thru .....GORMAN!

Pamy

01-01-2002

Saturday, September 16, 2017 - 2:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
after reading this, I agree more confusing. I wonder if the sister is Cora's split personality. I just cant let go of my suspension.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Saturday, September 16, 2017 - 2:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
"cool, ty Sanfran!! ooohhh Sanfran, I thought about ya yesterday as I was driving thru .....GORMAN!"

Pamy, Nice to know someone thinks about me when they're away from the board :-)....but I don't get it. "Gorman"?

Pamy

01-01-2002

Saturday, September 16, 2017 - 4:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
wasn't there a show that we posted about here and it was a thriller and there was a character named Gorman that was creepy??

Pamy

01-01-2002

Saturday, September 16, 2017 - 4:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
was it a 3 ep Agatha Chrisite...And then there were None ?

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Saturday, September 16, 2017 - 5:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
"wasn't there a show that we posted about here and it was a thriller and there was a character named Gorman that was creepy??"

LOL Pamy, I had no idea what you were referring to...until I read your post (copied above). As soon as I read it, I remembered EXACTLY what you were referring to!

It was on The Walking Dead...."Gorman" was the creepy cop who was messing with Beth in that creepy hospital on TWD. (The hospital where Beth died)

After that TWD episode some folks here were talking about the creepy rapist cop named "Gorman". I posted about him after I saw that same actor in TWO different episodes (of other shows) that I saw back to back shortly after seeing that TWD episode. He played a "good old boy" type of guy with a rifle with some other similar types in a restaurant scene on "Resurrection" and then he showed up as a bad guy on an episode of Constantine. I think he was killed by a demon on that one....or maybe he was the demon...in either case I remember him dying in a car or tuck at a construction site or quarry. Anyhow, I did post about creepy Gorman "following me" because he showed in both of those shows that I watched right after he was on TWD.

This was his final scene on TWD:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m9vqBGNJmCo

Good memory, Pamy! I remembered the creepy cop but I had no recollection that his name was "Gorman" until your post!

Pamy

01-01-2002

Saturday, September 16, 2017 - 7:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
ahhhhhh you have a better memory!!! how could I forget it involved our dear Beth!!!!

thanks for that walk down memory lane :-)

Panda

07-15-2005

Sunday, September 17, 2017 - 1:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Panda a private message Print Post    
Yes, that was the article, sorry I posted quick then didn't check back!!

Thanks for sharing it, SF!