TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through September 01, 2017

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Netflix Series Recommendations : ARCHIVES: Archive through September 01, 2017 users admin

Roxip

01-29-2004

Friday, August 04, 2017 - 1:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I watched the last few seasons of Friday Night Lights and have tried to watch it from the beginning but haven't made it through the entire first season yet...and I truly want to but I have a hard time sitting down and watching a series on Netflix.

My daughter, on the other hand, watches Netflix series like they were candy. Right now she's watching The Office.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Friday, August 04, 2017 - 2:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Naja, I really enjoyed seeing people on FNL who later appeared on other shows I watch: Minka Kelly/Lyla Garrity (went to Parenthood), Michael B. Jordan/Vince Howard (also Parenthood and now a big movie star), Matt Lauria/Luke Cafferty (also Parenthood), Zach Roerig/Cash (Vampire Diaries). Matt Czuchry (The Good Wife & Gilmore Girls) had a part in one episode as an out of town salesman.

I particularly love the character of Matt's grandma, the lady with dementia. My mom has dementia and so many times I was brought to tears by something that reminded me of my mom.

Just a great show.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Saturday, August 05, 2017 - 7:21 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Don't forget Landry( Jesse plenmons) went on to Fargo.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Saturday, August 05, 2017 - 8:08 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
It would be interesting to know whether someone who had seen Jesse Plemmons in his scarier roles (Breaking Bad comes to mind) could shake that off to see the character of Landry in FNL. He really was such a good boy, my heart always went out to him.

Taylor Kitsch. Enough said.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Saturday, August 05, 2017 - 11:11 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Taylor Kitsch always looked greasy to me. Somebody needed to wash that boy's hair.

And I've never watched Fargo, Kitt, so didn't realize Jesse Plemmons was in it--or Breaking Bad.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Saturday, August 05, 2017 - 11:31 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I haven't watched Fargo, but in Breaking Bad Jesse Plemmon's character is borderline psychotic. It messes with your mind when before that you've only known him as sweet Landry.

I offer to wash Talor Kisch's hair. For the good of humanity you understand.

Sugar

08-15-2000

Saturday, August 05, 2017 - 12:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
I finished The Handmaids Tale and thought it was excellent overall. I want season 2 to start NOW.
I can't decide if I want to read the book again.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Monday, August 07, 2017 - 2:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
LOL @ Kitt. I will assist you if necessary.

My daughter is currently obsessed with The Office. I will be so glad when she's done!

Boberg

10-04-2002

Monday, August 07, 2017 - 5:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Boberg a private message Print Post    
Just finished binging Rectify. I highly recommend it...Netflix.
About a man who spends 20 plus years on death row and then gets released. It is about him, his family, and the town he came from. Lots of good character development and insight. It ends after 4 seasons but it leaves you with some satisfaction.

Before Rectify, I watched Ozark...recommend it also.}

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Monday, August 07, 2017 - 7:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Sugar I watched Anne with an E a couple of months ago and really liked it. I thought I was mistaken when it ended at the 7 th episode.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Monday, August 07, 2017 - 7:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Boberg was Rectify on regular TV first?

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, August 07, 2017 - 7:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Lakecat, yes. "Rectify" was a SundanceTV channel original.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Tuesday, August 08, 2017 - 5:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Everyone must have heard by now -- David Letterman is coming back to TV! Six hour-long shows on Netflix.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Monday, August 14, 2017 - 12:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Loving "Call the Midwife." It's such a sweet show! I cry nearly every episode!

Sugar

08-15-2000

Monday, August 14, 2017 - 1:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
Call the Midwife is a favorite of mine which surprises me because I think midwifery is icky.

I once asked my husband if we had had kids if he would have wanted to be in the delivery room. He said whatever made me comfortable. I exclaimed, I didn't want to be there. Icky, messy, hurts, things I don't like. Babies are fine, I think it is amazing that there is a person here that wasn't here a minute ago. Having them is an icky process.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Monday, August 14, 2017 - 2:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Sugar, it is a messy, painful ordeal, but once you see that sweet baby's tiny face, it's all worth it! My hubby was in the delivery room with me. I had an unplanned C-section. He sat up by my head, but had absolutely no interest in taking a peek around the drape. At that point, I didn't care what they did to me, as long as I had pain meds (I did) and they got it over with. But when I woke up the next morning and saw my son, it was like Christmas morning.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Monday, August 14, 2017 - 8:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
I still have saved on my DVR Dax Sheperd on Ellen telling about when he was in delivery room with wife Kristen Bell. Unexpectedly turned out to be C-section. His telling was hysterical.

Irsnappy

01-13-2009

Tuesday, August 29, 2017 - 4:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Irsnappy a private message Print Post    
ok this is as good a time as any to make my confession. For weeks now I have been totally hooked by an Australian tv show, Offspring...I watch 3 or 4 episodes a evening...all right all right sometimes 5 lol. It started out as a wacky pleasure about a wacky family and now has evolved into a sentimental pleasure about a wacky but loving family...has anyone else seen this show?}

Sugar

08-15-2000

Tuesday, August 29, 2017 - 4:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
Yes Irsnappy, many of us enjoyed Offspring. They just released season 6 a few weeks ago and binged it right away.

Roteach

06-01-2003

Tuesday, August 29, 2017 - 6:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roteach a private message Print Post    
I have watched four of the eight episodes of Atypical and I am loving it.

Jushvnfn

08-30-2001

Tuesday, August 29, 2017 - 8:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jushvnfn a private message Print Post    
I watch the West Wing for the first time a few weeks ago. I didn't think I would like it but I really did. I was sorry there was never a spin off.

Since I've pretty much watch most of what everyone has suggested, I'm lost.
My fall back is always The Gilmore Girls. I've probably seen every episode two or three times. I just love that show!

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Wednesday, August 30, 2017 - 7:01 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
The Gilmore Girls is a great series. Wonderful clever dialogue. Apparently the scripts were twice as long as average for a one hour show.

Jushvnfn

08-30-2001

Wednesday, August 30, 2017 - 8:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jushvnfn a private message Print Post    
That's what makes it so watchable many times over Jimmer.
Sometimes I hear things I actually missed before.
My youngest daughter and I always watched it together every week. Sometimes it feels like it was just yesterday 😔

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, August 31, 2017 - 9:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I finally finished watching all 3 seasons of "Black Mirror". What a great show! I enjoyed all of the stories except for the one episode in season 2 where a cartoon character ran for political office. I couldn't make it through 15 minutes of it. But all the rest were super.

Here is the season 4 trailer. It has the titles of and tiny peak at each new episode.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oH85obU350E

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Friday, September 01, 2017 - 7:04 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I haven't seen all of them yet but I agree it's a great series. Somewhat similar to The Twilight Zone. It makes you think.