TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through August 03, 2017

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Leah Remini: Scientology and Aftermath: Archive through August 03, 2017 users admin

Kitt

09-05-2000

Thursday, June 01, 2017 - 5:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I'm not clicking on a scientology website ;).

But it might be similar to those videos they were shown in those giant congratulatory events. Leah said she completely believed that what they showed - that Scientology was helping people all over the world - was true, and was astounded when she found out it wasn't. I think Tom Cruise must be a similar age to Leah Rimini, so presumably he saw the same sort of things... he's travelled all over the world for his acting, how does he not know it's all made up? Or how does he justify so much lying if he does know it's made up?

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Thursday, June 01, 2017 - 8:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
ac cording to my friend they were targeting, they picked on weak people that they could intimidate. She was very over weight and they zeroed in on that and how they could fix her but a lot of bullying was involved. I was not comparing anything except the no internet thing with the Mormons. but they drew my Florida friend in with a lot of hugging and befriending that person, the same time the scientologists were bullying my friend in Boston to get her back in to the fold, and she only went to one auditing session before deciding it was not for her. there were phone calls, threats, and following her down the street insulting her.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Friday, June 02, 2017 - 7:31 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Tom Cruise (and John Travolta) have given a lot of money to Scientology. They are way "leveled up." I remember reading an article several years back that Cruise has a "Scientology" tent set up on every movie set he works where he tries to recruit for them. I think of Cruise as a perpetrator and not a victim. To me, a victim is someone who gives $250,000 they don't have because they have to. $250,000 is like .25 cents to Cruise.

Rhodarobin

06-25-2014

Friday, June 02, 2017 - 11:06 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rhodarobin a private message Print Post    
In Leah's book, she says Tom Cruise is practically treated like a God and that he doesn't have to follow the same rules as other Scientologists.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Friday, June 02, 2017 - 2:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
They like to go after people who are troubled in some way (poor family relationships, substance addictions, etc.), promising they can "fix" them. They lure them in and bully them to stay.

Lexie, I agree with you about Tom Cruise. Why I will never pay another penny to see one of his films (and I think he's a terrible actor, anyway). I used to be a big TC fan back in the early 90s. Had pics of him all over my cubicle at work. I fell out of love with him when he dumped his first wife for Nicole, and even more so when he dumped Nicole 10 years later. I didn't even know all this stuff about Scientology.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Saturday, June 03, 2017 - 4:20 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
And he dumped Nicole right before they hit their 10-month anniversary so he wouldn't have to pay her off as outlined in the pre-nup if they make it 10 years. He's a total dirtbag. I also won't pay a penny to see his movies.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, June 03, 2017 - 4:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Treated like a god, but closely monitored. Those valuable assets like Tom have minders.

His adopted kids consider their mom (Nicole Kidman) to be an SP.. suppressive person..

One problem Scientology had with Nicole was that she didn't cut off her father (who is a therapist). So she had to go.

Katie some up and got Suri out of that whole mess, but at some point she was into it all. Katie wrote a report on Leah because at the wedding of Tom and Katie she added to want to sit with her friends (Jennifer Lopez, I think). Tom and Katie and Miscavige really wanted Leah to get this celebrity tgere, but then didn't want her nearby. Leah also dared to ask why David Miscavige's wife was..

I forget the reason they turned Tim's first wife.

I have read so much and it is so disturbing.

I boycott Tom, for sure.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, June 03, 2017 - 4:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
People like Tom and Kirstie Alley who use their fame and influence to tell people not to use doctors and psych professional.. are perpetrators.

Remember Kirstie going off on Brooke Shields for eating to talk about post partum depression and treatment..

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Sunday, June 04, 2017 - 4:30 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
I do remember hearing that Tom has a "minder." I'm pretty sure that person lives with them. The "church" isn't going to let their big-time money donors out of their sight.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Sunday, June 04, 2017 - 12:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Sea, I remember Tom going off on Brooke Shields for admitting she'd taken anti-depressants after suffering from PPD. That was the last nail in the coffin. He is dead to me.

We have a lot of mental illness in my family. My sister committed suicide 45 years ago, and her son suffers from bipolar disease. He would surely be dead if not for the life-saving medications he takes every day.

Carlpsmom

01-03-2004

Sunday, June 04, 2017 - 12:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Carlpsmom a private message Print Post    
I thought I read that they had Tom divorce Mimi because Nicole would be a better draw. I believe Mimi is still a scientologist. Sorry, I don't capitalize it. lol
I also understand that they use information gleaned from the auditing sessions to keep people in line. Rumor has it that Tom and John T have plenty of secrets.

Lyn

08-06-2002

Monday, June 05, 2017 - 6:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lyn a private message Print Post    
Honestly, Carlpsmom, I'm fairly certain Tom C and John T can NEVER leave Scientology for that exact reason.

The more I watch Leah's show, the more convinced I am that L Ron Hubbard was paranoid, evil and down right crazy! The things these poor people have gone through is scary.

I feel for Mike Rinder. He did some pretty bad stuff while under the influence of Scientology and it can't be easy to deal with now. (Hopefully he has a solid support system). I admire him for admitting to what he's done and trying to stop it from continuing by the "church".

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Monday, June 05, 2017 - 8:02 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I have to say, Leah annoys me at times... she is over-reactive and talks over people, and particularly with Mike, she can call him to account without being so .... condescending...

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Monday, June 05, 2017 - 8:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Since no one here is willing to look at it, I'll re-emphasize that the Scientology website that I posted the link to earlier is an impressive piece of work. It's easy for me to see how people would find what they are offering on the website appealing.

My point is that it's helpful to understand why people are attracted to Scientology in the first place.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Monday, June 05, 2017 - 8:21 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Oh, it's very appealing. Coming from someone who tried EST back in the day.

Lucky (I think) for me, I've always had a small bladder. Didn't make it through the first day. :-)

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, June 05, 2017 - 1:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
LOL, Kar!

I think many people may have been saved due to bladder issues.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Monday, June 05, 2017 - 2:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
You need a strong bladder to be a Scientologist?

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Monday, June 05, 2017 - 3:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
No... you needed a strong bladder to go through the EST training, which was a similar kind of mind training.

It was started by Werner Erhard, in the 60s. The idea was that in order to break through your bad thinking you had to be tortured (my word) by long sessions, with one meal break, and no potty breaks, and little sleep. There was personal confrontation (like the E meter/audit process in Scientology), each progressive step cost a LOT more money, its own insider language, and enlightenment could be bought. :-) Many of the original EST trainers and Erhard himself came out of Scientology as well. Scientology claims Erhard stole a bunch of their ideas, and declared him suppressive. But if you made it through, your life would be clear sailing. Supposedly.

I however flunked out the first day, when I couldn't make it through without a potty break. Apparently I lacked the self discipline to become enlightened. or my bladder did.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Monday, June 05, 2017 - 4:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Lyn, I also feel for Mike Rinder - especially after watching the two-hour special last week where he was responsible for some of the things that happened to the guests on the program.

Kar, I think Mike and Leah are good enough friends that he doesn't think she is condescending (and then you have to take editing into account).

It's funny you mention your bladder. My friends have a joke that if I was ever on a Star Wars mission to destroy Darth Vader's "Death Star," it would never happen because I would have to stop and pee every 30 minutes.

Jasper

09-14-2000

Monday, June 05, 2017 - 4:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
I looked thru it Jimmer the day you posted and could see what you were saying. I would have taken the quiz just to see what it said but they wanted personal stuff. So no thank you.

Lyn

08-06-2002

Tuesday, June 06, 2017 - 7:36 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lyn a private message Print Post    
Some of the guests this week seemed to feel that Scientology will eventually fold. A great thing! However, I wonder what will happen to all of these people whose lives have been destroyed. They been disconnected to the real world for so long...some have spent most, if not all, of their lives in this really weird bubble. Hopefully there will be something available to help them cope before another group scoops them up. (Easy pickings)

Leah seemed totally shocked to find out there are not MILLIONS of Scientologists like they were told, but only around 40,000.

And, yeah Australia! Good on them for making such headway in bringing down Scientology. (Income reduced from $35 million down to $10.5 in ONE YEAR). Hit them where it hurts the most - FINANCIALLY.

Looking forward to Season 2

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Tuesday, June 06, 2017 - 7:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I'm glad you looked at it Jasper. I think it helps to understand the attraction. I was surprised at how wonderful they make it seem. Not at all like we've been discussing here. Of course, it is in their interest to make it sound wonderful and attract people.

The thing that bothers me most about Scientology is what I've heard about them demanding that members exclude non-Scientology people from their lives. I kind of understand where they are going with that in that if you are trying to eat healthy (for example) it isn't likely good to go to lunch everyday with people who only eat Big Macs.

However, demanding that they exclude family and friends from their lives because they are considered "suppresive" seems so wrong. Then there is the matter of the cost of the programs etc.

It all has a bad taste.

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, August 02, 2017 - 11:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I just saw the preview for season 2.

Season 2 premiere, Tuesday, Aug 15 on A&E

Rieann

08-26-2006

Thursday, August 03, 2017 - 7:20 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rieann a private message Print Post    
Yay! Thanks, Naja.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Thursday, August 03, 2017 - 11:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Thanks, Naja! I so admire Leah for sticking to her guns and exposing this cult which has hurt so many individuals and families. You know they're going after her for doing it, but she hangs in there. Courage!