TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through August 20, 2017

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Game of Thrones: Archive through August 20, 2017 users admin

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Monday, July 31, 2017 - 10:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
Oh no! Jamie killed Emma Peel!

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Tuesday, August 01, 2017 - 6:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Lol Sanfran! James Bond will be after him too.

Rieann

08-26-2006

Tuesday, August 01, 2017 - 9:40 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rieann a private message Print Post    
I liked this tweet...

David Thorpe‏@Arr
Why is Bran Stark aging into an exact average of all four Beatles

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DGF38buVoAAjBA4.jpg

He does look like all of them! I definitely see John, Paul, and George. Not much Ringo... maybe the hair. lol

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Tuesday, August 01, 2017 - 3:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
The nose? I'm surprised Sansa recognized him. He's grown up so much! I can't wait till Arya arrives!!!

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Sunday, August 06, 2017 - 7:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Well that was a stunning episode. So much happened including the huge battle.

Arya coming back to Winterfell was special. The battle scene was amazing. For a moment there I thought that Bronn had managed to seriously wound Drogon.

Maris

03-27-2002

Sunday, August 06, 2017 - 7:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maris a private message Print Post    
unbelievable. What an amazing episode

Naja

06-28-2003

Sunday, August 06, 2017 - 9:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I am hoping as they start hacking away at the mountain that they find a hidden cave with more dragon eggs. Because I have a feeling 1 or more dragons might not make it.

And Jamie better be alive! I imagine it's hard to swim to the surface when you are dressed in heavy armor.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Monday, August 07, 2017 - 8:45 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
The dragons are immensely powerful but they've shown that they aren't invulnerable. Though if I were fighting them, I'd have my archers concentrate on hitting the rider. A nearly impossible shot but it is fiction.

I thought that Bronn had hit Drogon in the mouth and I felt pretty bad when he started to fall out of the sky.

Certainly mixed emotions because Bronn and Jamie are obviously the best of the bad guys.

Ranger2

08-08-2008

Monday, August 07, 2017 - 9:14 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ranger2 a private message Print Post    
My heart was in my throat by the end of that episode, and I think I was holding my breath! What a great episode! I'm thrilled that Arya is home...i can't wait for Jon to get back to Winterfell and see her again.

Terolyn

05-06-2004

Monday, August 07, 2017 - 1:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Terolyn a private message Print Post    
What drives me crazy...I know it's just a show, is how Tyrion is on the shore and tells Reek that D had already left. Next moment Tyrion is standing on the hillside watching the battle. How did he get there that fast?

Spear

08-05-2001

Monday, August 07, 2017 - 2:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spear a private message Print Post    
Huh? Wasn't it Jon Snow who said the Queen wasn't there?

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Monday, August 07, 2017 - 2:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Omg, what an intense episode! That was so cool when Dani came flying in on the dragon and started frying everyone! But then when Bronn was trying to shoot Drogon and then when he got him, I was yelling, "Noooooooooo!" at my TV.

Do we think Jamie's dead? I think the beginning of the next episode will show him unbuckling his armor and swimming back to the surface. Although, they do like to kill people on this show. I'd give it 50/50.

Those guards who were refusing Arya entry to Winterfell were lucky she didn't outright kill them. Arya's a bada$$.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Monday, August 07, 2017 - 3:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
The problem is that I kind of like Bronn and Jamie. Yes they are bad guys but they are the nicest of the bad guys. And Jamie has come a long way since he tossed a little boy off a castle.

Plus Jamie and Bronn like Tyrion and vice versa.

So I kind of hope that eventually everyone gets along among them. LOL - Not going to work likely.

LOL - Those guards were playing with fire.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Sunday, August 13, 2017 - 8:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Well this week wasn't as action packed as last week but that was a huge bombshell about Jon! Plus all sorts of great meetings between major characters.

Naja

06-28-2003

Sunday, August 13, 2017 - 8:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I am so confused. So does this mean Daenerys is Jon's aunt?

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Sunday, August 13, 2017 - 8:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Yes! It was pretty much confirmed last season that Daenerys is Jon's aunt. Bran (in one of his trances) saw Jon's birth and Lyanna is his mother. Ned is not his father. This was long suspected. I don't know if you all recall that funny honest trailer that was out before last season but at the end of it the guy who produced it joked about it saying "for the fans of the book, R + L = J" which is Rhaegar plus Lyanna equals Jon.

What this reveal in tonight's show (which is that Rhaegar and Lyanna were married) does is make Jon the legitimate King of Westeros (although no one knows except Sam and possibly Bran)!

Naja

06-28-2003

Sunday, August 13, 2017 - 8:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
ahhhhhhhh! Now I see. Thank you!

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Sunday, August 13, 2017 - 8:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
You're welcome. It's a really clever fun part of the show. We (my DD and I) puzzled for a while about what he meant when he said R + L = J. It also explains why the dragon liked Jon.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Sunday, August 13, 2017 - 9:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I'm very impressed with how well George R. R. Martin planned this out from the very first book. I was browsing in a bookstore the other day and I read a bit of the first book (I've read the whole series a while ago) and when Jon was introduced it's clear that there was a genuine mystery around Jon and why Ned treated Jon in such a special manner even beyond what he would have done if Jon was Ned's illegitimate son. Of course, I didn't pay attention when I first read it because at the time Jon was just another character in a sea of characters.

Naja

06-28-2003

Sunday, August 13, 2017 - 9:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I wonder if Jon's impervious to being burned like Daenerys. Or if that's a perk reserved for only the mother of dragons.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Monday, August 14, 2017 - 7:43 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Interesting thought. Hopefully something they'll never test out.

I also love the way they are reintroducing some characters we haven't seen in a while.

Spear

08-05-2001

Monday, August 14, 2017 - 9:18 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spear a private message Print Post    
I've seen discussion of Jon possibly being impervious to fire before (some fans speculated he'd be reborn in a fire after his "death"). The problem is that Jon has already shown that he can be burned when he was fighting the wight at Castle Black:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/06/17/game-of-thrones-theory-problem_n_7597862.html

In Season 1, Jon Snow gets burned pretty badly after grabbing a lantern and throwing it at a Wight. He is shown later in the episode with bandages on this hand, and George R.R. Martin’s book A Game of Thrones even goes into more detail about the severity of the burns:

quote:

He had burned himself more badly than he knew throwing the flaming drapes, and his right hand was swathed in silk halfway to the elbow. At the time he’d felt nothing; the agony had come after. His cracked red skin oozed fluid, and fearsome blood blisters rose between his fingers, big as roaches.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Monday, August 14, 2017 - 2:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
This show always manages to work in a bit of humor. I thought it was funny when Dani burned Lord Tarley and his son ("Dick-on"--ha ha ha!), then turned to the other soldiers and said something like, "Who will bend the knee *now*?" And they couldn't bend it fast enough!

It was good to see Gendry again. I can't believe I remembered who he was, even though I couldn't recall his name at first.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Monday, August 14, 2017 - 2:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
PS. Loved that Drogon stopped growling when he sniffed Jon's hand like, "You smell like Mommy." The dragon knows who he is!

Naja

06-28-2003

Sunday, August 20, 2017 - 8:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
OMG!

That thought never even crossed my mind!
....A dragon white walker!

(eta: let alone a polar bear white walker)