TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through June 25, 2017

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Random Discussions: ARCHIVES: Archive through June 25, 2017 users admin

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Wednesday, May 31, 2017 - 4:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
When did you leave Chicago? Did you work downtown? I worked downtown pretty much all of '66 - '02. Always on LaSalle except for '89 - '01 when I worked on top floor of Ogilvie Transportation Center. I commuted into that building. Nice! In '01 my boss moved to law firm one block west of Michigan. I did that for one year. Then . . . quit working.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Wednesday, May 31, 2017 - 12:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
I recorded that Romeo and Juliet show the other night after The Bachelorette. Is it worth watching or should I delete from my DVR? (I'm assuming this is the first season of the show and I haven't missed any prior seasons.)

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, May 31, 2017 - 3:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Colordeagua, I left Chicago in '93 when I was about 27. I lived and worked on the southwest side. I was one of those people that only went downtown if I absolutely had to, and meeting Barry was one of those times :-)

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Thursday, June 01, 2017 - 6:14 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Naja, you're in Kansas City, MO now? My '67 - '80 job sent me there twice during those years. Had to go to Data-Sys-Tance in it's very early years.

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, June 01, 2017 - 8:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Color, I'm in a suburb touching KC. And it's just like before. I only travel to downtown KC when I have to....LOL The last time I went downtown was for jury duty.

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Thursday, June 01, 2017 - 8:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
Beat Shazam is pretty good. Not surprised produced by Mark Burnett of Survivor fame, among others.

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Thursday, June 01, 2017 - 8:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
Oh, and was very surprised to find Fear Factor back on tv last night.

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, June 01, 2017 - 8:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I made it about halfway through the new Factor. I remembered why I quit watching the old one. Did you like it, Hecka? The sisters were just too much and I had enough.

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Thursday, June 01, 2017 - 8:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
I liked the old FF so, yes, I liked it.

Rhodarobin

06-25-2014

Monday, June 05, 2017 - 6:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rhodarobin a private message Print Post    
If anyone here watched Queen of the South, season 2 starts this Thursday according to my DVR.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, June 08, 2017 - 9:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Celebrity Family Feud - Snoop Dog in the final round, the question was Pie in the _____. Snoop said horse.

I was laughing so hard I started to cry, Steve Harvey was dying as well, they didn't explain it.

Denecee

09-05-2002

Friday, June 09, 2017 - 10:44 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Denecee a private message Print Post    
American Gods<----Anyone watching besides me?

I am loving it but have closed my eyes on some of the gory stuff.

Cass_cat

05-09-2011

Friday, June 09, 2017 - 11:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cass_cat a private message Print Post    
Anyone watch The Carmichael Show? I really enjoy it. This week's episode about his mother (the father's mother) killing herself. Deep and dark subject, but handled with humor. The closing scene with them in the car had me LOLing.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Friday, June 09, 2017 - 5:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
"American Gods<----Anyone watching besides me?"

I am! I'm loving it. The whole idea of America having a host of their own mythological gods not unlike the legendary Greeks gods, only more modern, is a totally unique premise, which is something that can't often be said considering today's TV trend of reality shows and remakes.

I absolutely love Gillian Anderson as the God of Media who appears as Lucy Ricardo and Marilyn Monroe. She's doing a great job in this role. And the Technology God who acts like a spoiled Millennial brat is a real piece of work. They make for an interesting twist on mythological gods.

I like how the gods seem to become more powerful the more they are worshiped.

I haven't figured out what kind of god Crispin Glover is...he knows all the details of everyone's life and seems to be high up in the American god hierarchy. And the "God of Guns", I'm not sure if he's the God of war or maybe the God of Violence...? In any case, whether they have meaningful titles or not, it's easy to tell what kind of gods (in reference to their intent and/or main interest) most of them are...

The guest stars are all great. I LOL when Cloris Leachman was given a fifth of Vodka as a gift and she cracked it open and downed the whole bottle in 3 seconds flat! Throw in the Leprechaun and the taxi driving Jinn and a ghost wife, and you've got a pretty unique story.

There are a lot of things that I haven't understood, but that hasn't gotten in the way of AG becoming one of my favorite series! I read a review before AG started and it said right upfront that viewers likely wouldn't understand it but we should watch it anyhow because it was stunningly beautiful and totally captivating. So true.

All these strange modern gods are reminiscent of the old Greek gods...getting jealous of one another and flexing their power while they play games with mankind. And now it looks like some of these American gods are going to war against the others.

Sadly there are just two episodes left before season one is over.

Starr

07-09-2005

Saturday, June 10, 2017 - 1:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Starr a private message Print Post    
I watch The Carmichaels, Cass_cat. It amazes me how they almost always have a dark, serious subject (Like last week's date -rape, or the neighbors must be terrorists because they're Muslim!), yet its presented in a funny sitcom. This week, I kept waiting for them to talk mom out of it and change her mind. What a surprise! Makes me like the show even more. ☺

Jasper

09-14-2000

Saturday, June 10, 2017 - 4:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
I'm waiting SFJ for American Gods to show up on a Canadian channel, the ads looked great.

Denecee

09-05-2002

Monday, June 12, 2017 - 3:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Denecee a private message Print Post    
Sanfran, I am loving it so much that I bought the book. He has a long version of his original story and that is the one I am just starting to read.

Naja

06-28-2003

Saturday, June 17, 2017 - 3:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Can you believe it's already 10 years ago this week that "The Sopranos" ended? That went by so fast.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Saturday, June 17, 2017 - 5:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I look at movies and I'll think they were made three or four years ago and they're fifteen years old. Life moves in a blink of an eye.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Thursday, June 22, 2017 - 11:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I tried American Gods but it was too wild and confusing for me. Shame, because Ricky Whittle is very pleasant on the eyes. The style of it was very similar to Hannibal, which I loved, but for me the storyline was just too disjointed.

I found a dvd of 11.22.63 at the library, it's a hulu show about time travel and the Kennedy assassination that I didn't even realise they'd released on dvd. It was really good, so engaging, and had a satisfying ending, which some of the Stephen King stories do not.

Denecee

09-05-2002

Friday, June 23, 2017 - 12:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Denecee a private message Print Post    
I read Stephen King's "11.22.63" and had no idea it is on hulu! going to look into that.

I am still reading the "American Gods" and watching the show.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Friday, June 23, 2017 - 1:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I loved 95% of 11.22.63.

Naja

06-28-2003

Saturday, June 24, 2017 - 11:09 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Something made me really giggle. Tonight there is a Lifetime movie called "Tiny House of Terror".

With all the "Tiny House" shows on the home improvement channels lately, you just knew they had to come out with a movie about one. LOL

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Sunday, June 25, 2017 - 6:07 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Does anyone know where I can find Downton Abby in its entirety?

Naja

06-28-2003

Sunday, June 25, 2017 - 6:39 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
The only legal place that has it is Amazon prime. But it's streamed all over the internet at easy to find places we aren't supposed to talk about here.