TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through August 04, 2017

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Netflix Series Recommendations : ARCHIVES: Archive through August 04, 2017 users admin

Rvon

12-11-2003

Thursday, July 20, 2017 - 7:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rvon a private message Print Post    
I just started watching The Keepers -- a documentary about the sexual abuse at an all-girls Catholic school in Baltimore. It is horrific to think what these girls went through for years.

I am a Catholic and my friends and I always hung around the Rectory helping the priests or just visiting them (I lived in a very small town in Massachusetts) and I guess we were very lucky because we never had inappropriate experiences with any of them.

Between Spotlight and this documentary, and so much more that has been coming out, the Roman Catholic Church needs to clean up their act. Quit hiding the bad priests -- send them to prison where they belong.

Naja

06-28-2003

Friday, July 21, 2017 - 6:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
We are on episode 3 of "Ozark" on Netflix and it's great!

It stars Jason Bateman and Laura Linney as a married couple with 2 children that are forced to go live a life laundering money down in the Ozarks in order to pay back the millions Jason's business partner stole from a drug lord.

It's very dark and exciting. Some parts are even a little funny.

Tvwatcher

04-16-2004

Friday, July 21, 2017 - 8:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tvwatcher a private message Print Post    
I just watched the first 2 episodes of Ozark, and I'm enjoying it too!

Rvon

12-11-2003

Friday, July 21, 2017 - 11:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rvon a private message Print Post    
I also just finished Episode 3 of Ozark. I'm still watching The Keepers too.

Marameko

07-14-2002

Saturday, July 22, 2017 - 6:11 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marameko a private message Print Post    
Loving Ozark, even more than I did Bloodline .

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Saturday, July 22, 2017 - 10:04 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Maremko you mentioned it in another post and we are liking it too.

Ranger2

08-08-2008

Friday, July 28, 2017 - 4:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ranger2 a private message Print Post    
I finished watching The Keepers the other day, and I can't get that show out of my mind. It was such a hard show to watch, to think what those poor girls went through, not to mention how many other children out there that this priest abused. The blatant cover ups that went on through the system...just sickens me. I don't understand why the priests who did abuse children would just be shuffled from church to church, to parish to parish. And then to hear that the other girls' murder was never really investigated?? Just boggles the mind. Kudos to Gemma and Abby for not letting this case rest.

Maris

03-27-2002

Sunday, July 30, 2017 - 9:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maris a private message Print Post    
If you havent watched Daughters of Destiny on Netflix, make that your next watch. an amazing series. only a few episodes but WOW.

Maris

03-27-2002

Sunday, July 30, 2017 - 12:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maris a private message Print Post    
The abuse performed on children by the catholic church isnt limited to Priests and pedophiles. I can personally attest to the physical and psychological abuse I endured in an all girls school in Ireland. The abuse was significant.
Starting from the age of 4.

Buba1113

07-20-2009

Monday, July 31, 2017 - 9:30 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Buba1113 a private message Print Post    
Question: Does anyone know the name of a series about a family running a ranch. The father dies and his duughter is running the ranch but his other gaughter having left for the big city comes back to straighten out the estate but decides to stay. It was at least one season long and I found it on Netflix but now can't find. Any help would be very much appreciated. Thanks.

Strategist

07-01-2014

Monday, July 31, 2017 - 9:35 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Strategist a private message Print Post    
It's called Heartland.

Buba1113

07-20-2009

Monday, July 31, 2017 - 3:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Buba1113 a private message Print Post    
Thank you but it isn't Heartland. These sisters were half-sisters. It starts out with the younger one coming back after the death of her father I think.

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, July 31, 2017 - 4:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I don't know if it was on netflix, but it sounds like the Australian show "McLeod's Daughters".

Buba1113

07-20-2009

Monday, July 31, 2017 - 6:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Buba1113 a private message Print Post    
Yes. That's it!!!!! Thank you so much!!

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, July 31, 2017 - 6:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
:-)

Buba1113

07-20-2009

Monday, July 31, 2017 - 8:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Buba1113 a private message Print Post    
I found through Season 8 on Hulu. Thanks again!!

Aka

01-02-2007

Monday, July 31, 2017 - 10:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Aka a private message Print Post    
The House of Cards
original British version is on Netflix again.
I'm ready for a re-watch. :-)

Uncle_ricky

07-02-2007

Tuesday, August 01, 2017 - 2:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Uncle_ricky a private message Print Post    
If you aren't watching Ozark you are really missing out. I agree with all of you who have praised it already. It reminds me a lot of "Breaking Bad" -- same quality of acting, writing, directing. Under no circumstances will this be the only season (unless, of course, they voluntarily opt to stop after one season).

Strategist

07-01-2014

Wednesday, August 02, 2017 - 9:41 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Strategist a private message Print Post    
We're liking Ozark too.

We are watching Black Mirror these days. Scary-strange stuff, but so interesting.

Sugar

08-15-2000

Wednesday, August 02, 2017 - 3:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
Although I am loyal to the Sullivan Productions version of Anne of Green Gables starring Megan Follows and the late Jonathan Crombie, I am enjoying Anne with an E on Netflix. It is a bit darker from time to time. I remember RH Thomson who is playing Matthew from Avonlea where he played Jasper.
It is much better than version on PBS last fall with Martin Sheen.

Marameko

07-14-2002

Thursday, August 03, 2017 - 5:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marameko a private message Print Post    
Binged through "Claws".......loved it !

Sugar

08-15-2000

Thursday, August 03, 2017 - 1:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
That was a quick binge. I just finished Anne with an E and of course it left me wanting more, 7 episodes simply wasn't enough.

Now I need a new show.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Friday, August 04, 2017 - 11:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Just finished watching Friday Night Lights. I never watched it when it was on. What a sweet show! I'll miss those people!

Naja

06-28-2003

Friday, August 04, 2017 - 12:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I've never seen it, but I have been wanting to. Mainly because so many of the shows I watch now have people on them that they say became famous in the first place because of FNL.

Jumping_in

08-23-2007

Friday, August 04, 2017 - 12:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jumping_in a private message Print Post    
Binged Grace and Frankie and also The Last Kingdom. recommend both.