TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through July 12, 2017

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Netflix Series Recommendations : ARCHIVES: Archive through July 12, 2017 users admin

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Sunday, June 25, 2017 - 6:05 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
I'll give it another shot irsnappy, I'm not big on subtitles so I dropped out after about 10 minutes.

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, June 26, 2017 - 11:09 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I have a question for anybody who watched "11.22.63". I know I missed something important.

Why did Jake have Bill committed?

Kitt

09-05-2000

Monday, June 26, 2017 - 11:28 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I'll spoiler box it just in case, Naja:

Spoiler
Click below to view spoiler
Bill wouldn't leave Marina alone and was getting closer to Lee either to try to change the timeline himself, or just because he couldn't help himself. So Jake thought Bill would blow his whole plan, and I think thought that committing him (which was easy because of the time travel thing) would be a safe place to get him out of the way for the few weeks they had left before the assassination.

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, June 26, 2017 - 11:35 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Thank you, Kitt! I'm all caught up now...Now to ep 7 :-)

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, June 26, 2017 - 2:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Kitt,

Spoiler
Click below to view spoiler
I decided I better go back and skim through the ep and see what I missed. I see I missed the party scene, I missed Lee and Bill playing with guns on the porch, and I missed that Bill made bets all over town

No wonder it didn't make sense to me....LOL

Kitt

09-05-2000

Monday, June 26, 2017 - 2:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Yeah, it was definitely going to be a problem if not dealt with!

Marameko

07-14-2002

Tuesday, June 27, 2017 - 4:21 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marameko a private message Print Post    
I watched "GLOW", it was fun watching, not "Orange" but still good.

Sugar

08-15-2000

Saturday, July 01, 2017 - 1:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
Season 6 of Offspring is available on Netflix. I am watching episode 1 right now.

Strategist

07-01-2014

Saturday, July 01, 2017 - 3:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Strategist a private message Print Post    
Yay! I love this show.

I just saw Season 6 Episode 1 today too.

If you really want to reconnect with the family, I would recommend going back to the last 15 minutes of the final episode in Season 15. It's my very favorite. We watched it before delving into Season 6.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Saturday, July 01, 2017 - 5:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
In the middle of GLOW it stars Trudy from Mad Men. I forgot about Off Spring it certainly gets good recommendations here. I'll start that this weekend instead of being out in the heat.i had no idea there were so many seasons. I thought it was a new show, I guess just new to Netflix.

Strategist

07-01-2014

Saturday, July 01, 2017 - 8:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Strategist a private message Print Post    
I prefer to watch Offspring with subtitles on. It's Australian. The accents are not too difficult to get, but I find it helps to catch all the subtle things going on.

Sugar

08-15-2000

Saturday, July 01, 2017 - 9:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
I often use the subtitle option.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Sunday, July 02, 2017 - 5:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
I do that with Call The Midwife per someone's recommendation here.

Sugar

08-15-2000

Sunday, July 02, 2017 - 1:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
It's a bit annoying that I can't pickup the remote to rewind or initiate close captions when I'm at the movies, lol.
Of course, it would drive me crazy if someone else did it.
Most important, hit pause so I can go potty.

Strategist

07-01-2014

Sunday, July 02, 2017 - 1:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Strategist a private message Print Post    
It is nice to be able to catch every word with subtitles.

Mizinvanccouver

02-21-2003

Monday, July 03, 2017 - 8:00 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mizinvanccouver a private message Print Post    
I was just coming here to say about Offspring Season 6 is on Netflix CAnada! LOL

Going to the gym to watch the first episode, yay!!! I missed this show!

Sugar

08-15-2000

Tuesday, July 04, 2017 - 12:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
I thought something seemed a bit off with season of Offspring. I can't quite put my finger on it, but I didn't enjoy it as much as the previous seasons. Hopefully, season 7 will be better.

Sugar

08-15-2000

Tuesday, July 04, 2017 - 12:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
I am referring to season 6

Cablejockey

12-26-2001

Tuesday, July 04, 2017 - 2:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cablejockey a private message Print Post    
I am watching Van Helsing on Netflix. I am finding it quite good and have to pace myself so I dont go thru all episodes too quickly!

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Wednesday, July 05, 2017 - 5:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Maremko did you watch the decoumentary on GMOW? It was good.

Marameko

07-14-2002

Thursday, July 06, 2017 - 4:07 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marameko a private message Print Post    
Sorry Lakecat what is "GWOW " ? Still sleepy here ....@ 7:06 AM,EST. If you were referring to GLOW, I did not but would like to.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Thursday, July 06, 2017 - 9:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Yes, Glow. It was interesting how closely the Netflix Doc follows the series. I guess Mt Fugi=Michu piccu.

Marameko

07-14-2002

Thursday, July 06, 2017 - 10:30 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marameko a private message Print Post    
I will have to look for the documentary; yesterday I was off and was looking for a scary movie, ended up with a thriller with a political starring Wil Smith and Jon Voight. It was ok but I was really looking for a movie where it was raining outside, dark,gloomy and the Butler "did it".

Gurliegirl

06-20-2006

Thursday, July 06, 2017 - 11:03 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gurliegirl a private message Print Post    
Sugar, I love you!!!!!
Watching now. I'm a very happy girl.

Mizinvanccouver

02-21-2003

Wednesday, July 12, 2017 - 10:30 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mizinvanccouver a private message Print Post    
I just finished Season 6 of Offspring. I just love this show.

A friend of mine told me I should check out Rupaul's Runway show, omg...so funny! Unfortunately Netflix Canada only has season 8, so I'm on episode 3 of that season.