TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through July 26, 2017

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Premieres (Scripted TV Shows): ARCHIVES: Archive through July 26, 2017 users admin

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Thursday, May 18, 2017 - 4:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
heh who watches the IFC network, I just watched them all, pretty good show, with an antihero those shows usually struggle, but it ahs been renewed so good.

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, May 22, 2017 - 2:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I watched the premiere of the new "Twin Peaks", and I felt like I had to suffer through it. It had way too much of the two things I hated most about the original show. The Red Room and the slow backward talkers.

Naja

06-28-2003

Friday, June 30, 2017 - 10:33 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Is anybody watching "The Mist" on Spike channel? It's pretty good. It's definitely different that the 2007 version. I didn't read the book so I have no idea if it's more like the book than the other series or not.

Ep 3 airs on July 6, and the first 2 eps are still in on-demand.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Friday, June 30, 2017 - 10:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I didn't even know it was on.

I liked the movie
Spoiler
Click below to view spoiler
except for the ending. The book had a different ending.

Naja

06-28-2003

Friday, June 30, 2017 - 2:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I agree, that ending was so depressing. I had forgotten that it was a movie. I was remembering it as a mini-series.

Jasper

09-14-2000

Friday, June 30, 2017 - 4:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
Oddly my pvr guide doesn't show this on on Spike. I did see an ad for it while watching Ink Master but couldn't find a listing for it. The day of the first ep they were showing "It"

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Wednesday, July 12, 2017 - 5:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
FYI

Salvation premieres tonight on CBS:

"About Salvation
Salvation is a suspense thriller that centers on a staggering discovery: an enormous asteroid is just six months away from colliding with Earth. Without alerting the public, MIT grad student Liam Cole and tech billionaire Darius Tanz team up to save humanity from this impending apocalypse. Keeping it secret will complicate life for Liam and those closest to him. Meanwhile, the government has its own approach. Grace Barrows is both the Pentagon Press Secretary and a single mom, and she deftly navigates the complicated waters of both jobs. Deputy Secretary of Defense Harris Edwards has been tasked with running their own top-secret plan to deflect the asteroid. Meanwhile, Darius recruits an aspiring sci-fi writer, Jillian, to work on a theoretical approach to saving humanity—a project that might prove to be all too real. Salvation stars Santiago Cabrera, Jennifer Finnigan, Charlie Rowe, Jacqueline Byers, Rachel Drance, Shazi Raja, and Ian Anthony Dale. "

http://www.cbs.com/shows/salvation/about/

---

I have no idea if it's good, but it's sci-fi so I'll give it a shot.

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Wednesday, July 12, 2017 - 7:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
I thought it was pretty good. Don't know where they plan to go with it from here. Is it based on a book? Not that they would stick with that, though.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Wednesday, July 12, 2017 - 7:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
I liked No Tomorrow but that was cancelled after 10 shows. same plot but a rom com

Kitt

09-05-2000

Wednesday, July 12, 2017 - 10:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Salvation has a lot of promise. It doesn't look as sci-fi as I thought it would be though, it's more drama/excitement.

Lots of pretty people helps... I'm sure that was intentional!

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, July 12, 2017 - 10:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I recorded SALVATION.. Same reason.. Why not..

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Thursday, July 13, 2017 - 6:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Salvation could be fun. They'll probably include some ridiculous science but oddly enough that's what we loved about Zoo.

Smokey

07-07-2003

Thursday, July 13, 2017 - 8:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Smokey a private message Print Post    
I really enjoyed Salvation.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Thursday, July 13, 2017 - 2:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
The premiere was decent and I liked it...but it wasn't quite as "science fiction-y" as I'd hoped. Of course, that could change if they actually get to the process of building space-arks to take folks to Mars. If this is just a "summer event" or "limited series" (or whatever they're calling "test series" these days) it could be a fun 10 episode story. If it becomes a regular annual series, it could get bogged down with no answers or payoff for as as long as they they think they string the audience along. (AKA if they "Under-the-Dome-it"!)

It's always best when they actually have a beginning, middle, and end...rather than just a beginning, several seasons of middle, and finally an abrupt cancellation because it's going nowhere.

I'm hoping it's a one-off with a completed story arc like "Ascension" or "Childhood's End" were.

Fingers crossed hoping it actually goes somewhere.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, July 14, 2017 - 8:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
That guy with the Mars rocket has to be based on Elon Musk (Tesla, Solar City and Space X)

Kitt

09-05-2000

Friday, July 14, 2017 - 10:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
The way they were talking about it makes me think they are hoping it will be an ongoing series. I can see it being okay on two seasons if they planned for it to end next year, but my guess is they'll just open lots of unnecessary storylines to see how long they can string it along.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Wednesday, July 19, 2017 - 11:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
My Salavation season pass didn't tape for me today . Looks like it's not going to tape next week either so I've had to force it. It looks like it will be on demand but I hope it's not a 4:3 format like some CBS ones are. Grrrrr.

Jasper

09-14-2000

Friday, July 21, 2017 - 2:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
Canadians: Transparent starts tonight, Friday July 21 on Showcase. And Mozart in the Jungle starts on W on Wed July 26. Season 1 for all. Apparently they are going to show all 3 seasons of Transparent

Happygal

11-15-2004

Monday, July 24, 2017 - 9:15 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Happygal a private message Print Post    
Thanks for the head's-up re: Transparent and Mozart in the Jungle.

Sportsfan

09-03-2007

Monday, July 24, 2017 - 10:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sportsfan a private message Print Post    
New fantasy series Midnight, Texas starts tonight

It is based on the most recent trilogy from the author behind True Blood which sounds pretty great to me!

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, July 24, 2017 - 10:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Sounds great except for the fact that it's on network tv (NBC) and not a premium cable channel like True Blood was.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Monday, July 24, 2017 - 11:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
I'll check that out Sportsfan.

Sugar

08-15-2000

Wednesday, July 26, 2017 - 6:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
We just tortured ourselves by watching Somewhere Between, it was horrendous. Urine poor writing, wretchedly overacted, stereotypical characters, contrived and overused story.....

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, July 26, 2017 - 6:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
OMG, that really was painful viewing! The woman playing the mother was horrible. And the kid couldn't have been more annoying.

Sugar

08-15-2000

Wednesday, July 26, 2017 - 7:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
I agree, the only character that might be mildly less irritating is Ruby.
Bad, bad, bad TV, bad, bad, bad.