TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Dick Wolf's Law & Order and Chicago S...

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Dick Wolf's Law & Order and Chicago Shows users admin

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Sunday, July 23, 2017 - 1:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
I never watched the Law & Order shows with much regularity. Now they're being aired often on local stations in the Chicago area. I enjoy them -- very good.

I watch Wolf's Chicago shows (Fire, P.D., Med), but am not as impressed with those. I wonder if it's because they're simply not as good or whether it's because I'm paying more attention to the Chicago scenery, etc. as I live in the suburbs and worked downtown for many years than to stories and characters. I've noticed a couple mistakes on Fire when talking about street names. One scene during Fire was filmed about four miles from me in a suburb at my very first paying job. A scene in season 1, episode 2 of Fire almost turned me off the series.

Anyone watched Law & Order shows and Chicago shows? How do you feel they compare?

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Sunday, July 23, 2017 - 1:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Mods, please correct title of thread to -- Law & Order. Thanks.

You're welcome - MG

Lazylu

04-09-2010

Sunday, July 23, 2017 - 1:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lazylu a private message Print Post    
I am tired of Law and Order, but do watch it if nothing better is on. I like Chicago Fire and Chicago Med, but don't like Chicago PD.

Lazylu

04-09-2010

Sunday, July 23, 2017 - 1:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lazylu a private message Print Post    
I liked the original law and Order best. I wondered why they canceled that one and kept L&O SVU

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, July 23, 2017 - 2:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
I like Criminal Intent, wish we had some new ones of that. I do wish they would have kept the original instead of SVU as well.

Lazylu

04-09-2010

Sunday, July 23, 2017 - 2:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lazylu a private message Print Post    
I liked Criminal Intent too.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Sunday, July 23, 2017 - 6:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Of the three Chicago shows, P.D. is my favorite. The original Law & Order is my fav of those three. Others are good too. Criminal Intent was / is on today from 8:00 a.m. until midnight on a local channel.

Mods Thank you.

Sunnyday

08-07-2014

Monday, July 24, 2017 - 12:15 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sunnyday a private message Print Post    
The original Law and Order and Criminal intent were my favorites to. I like the early L&O with Chris Noth and that bunch the best.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Monday, December 03, 2018 - 7:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Good news for Dick Wolf's "Chicago" shows.

Link

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, April 29, 2021 - 2:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
We've just started watching the new show L&O Organized crime. I've never seen any other L&O show. Can anyone tell me if Stabler's wife's murder was part of L&O SVU? Because the way they started the show is his wife is already dead and they have the funeral.

Rissa

03-19-2006

Thursday, April 29, 2021 - 2:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rissa a private message Print Post    
Naja, you are pushing a button!! Lol. Apparently the set up for the series was started on a cross over episode of SVU. I used to watch SVU and enjoyed it but it has fallen off my list in the last couple years, actually not long after Stabler left. So when I timed in Organized crime, it didn’t catch the cross over. I watched the premiere, could figure out what happened but it annoyed me so I deleted the timer. I HATE crossovers that cover important plot points. Fun, self enclosed stories are fine. Lol

Stabler left SVU years ago to spend time with his family, they came back to New York for some award and his wife was killed while they were there. If I am wrong, I am open to correction )

Eta. I went hunting and found this.... What Happened To Kathy Stabler In The 'Law And Order's SUV And Organized Crime' Crossover?

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, April 29, 2021 - 2:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Wow, thanks for all that info! :-) I had it totally wrong with the way I was thinking it all fit together.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Wednesday, February 23, 2022 - 11:10 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
The original "Law and Order", season 21 starts tomorrow night. It is not a reboot.

Sam Waterston is going to be on Colbert tomorrow night. I expect he'll be talking about it.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Thursday, February 24, 2022 - 10:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
I am more excited than I should be about the return of Law and Order.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Register Now
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: