TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through May 18, 2017

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Premieres (Scripted TV Shows): ARCHIVES: Archive through May 18, 2017 users admin

Saggkl

07-16-2002

Tuesday, January 31, 2017 - 4:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Saggkl a private message Print Post    
Does anyone subscribe to CBS access? Is it worth paying for with all the others already paying for? Thank you

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Tuesday, January 31, 2017 - 9:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
I do subscribe to CBS All Access. Worth it? It depends on whether you're interested in old (and new) CBS TV programs and their new original streaming programs. I NEVER had cable or satellite. So now for the past app. year I am paying for streaming TV. I am paying for a number of streaming apps, but don't watch too often. I'm in a condo. We have a good rooftop antenna so I get all the network and PBS programs for nothing. Now that TV signals have gone digital, there are sub-channels. And there are a number of local stations in this area. There is plenty "on TV". And I have a lot of DVDs.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Wednesday, February 01, 2017 - 8:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
If you're into some of the old CBS shows, they have practically every episode so that's a bonus.

Paying for all these networks individually could add up though. You have choice but content is becoming more and more fragmented.

Saggkl

07-16-2002

Wednesday, February 01, 2017 - 10:16 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Saggkl a private message Print Post    
Thanks for your answers. I guess I will wait. I have Time Warner with all the channels plus Showtime, HBO and Starz. Not sure if I want another charge for just maybe one or two shows coming to CBS all access.

Kappy

06-28-2002

Monday, February 06, 2017 - 1:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
24 Legacy ~ Great start to this series last night ~ Just as intense as the original.

By the end of the first episode, you realize exactly who will replace Jack Bauer in terms of being the hero and doing the right thing. I wasn't sure about the actress playing the head at CTU but she was great as well - a good replacement for Bill. Hope they keep it up!

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Monday, February 06, 2017 - 2:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Is it still (theoretically) supposed to be real time?

Uncle_ricky

07-02-2007

Monday, February 06, 2017 - 3:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Uncle_ricky a private message Print Post    
Yes, it's just like "24" as far as the real time device goes. And the actress, Miranda Otto, who plays the retired-but-returning-to-action CTU boss, is a treasure. She played a baddie to perfection a couple of seasons ago on "Homeland" - when she zapped that nosey new CTU boss with the taser, I howled with laughter. (Just like the old days of "24" which always had a laugh-out-loud moment in practically every episode.)

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, February 09, 2017 - 9:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Season 6 of Impractical Jokers premiered tonight on TruTV. It was so good! :-)

It looks like it will be repeated several times before next week's new ep.

Jasper

09-14-2000

Friday, February 10, 2017 - 4:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
Canadians - Feb 19 on W The Good Fight starts.

Cablejockey

12-26-2001

Saturday, February 11, 2017 - 7:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cablejockey a private message Print Post    
I am liking Riverdale so far. Its weird and I like the how they cast everyone.

Spunky

10-07-2001

Monday, February 13, 2017 - 2:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
Yep, Jasper, thanks for the reminder. I don't know if anyone remembers, but when the Good Wife ended we were all hoping for a spin off and I suggested to get Lucca back for the sequel and so my delight to see she's back!!

Lazylu

04-09-2010

Monday, February 13, 2017 - 5:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lazylu a private message Print Post    
I was ready for the Good Wife to end, so not going to watch the Good Fight.

Jasper

09-14-2000

Monday, February 13, 2017 - 6:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
I'm looking forward to it. I was disappointed when they were only going to air it on CBS online.

Naja

06-28-2003

Sunday, February 19, 2017 - 9:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I watched such a good premiere tonight!

Crashing on HBO

It's a 30 minute comedy about a struggling comedian with an unfaithful wife in NYC.

http://www.hbo.com/crashing

Kappy

06-28-2002

Sunday, February 19, 2017 - 9:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
Big Little Lies also began tonight with Reese Witherspoon and Nicole Kidman. I loved the book so I have been looking forward to seeing this mini series. The book took place in a seaside village in Australia but this tv vetsion is taking place in Monterey, CA.

Laura Dean is doing a great job of reminding me why I so disliked Renata, lol!

It doesn'the hurt that Pacific Grove and Carmel and the entire Monterey area is my favorite place in the world.

Naja

06-28-2003

Sunday, February 19, 2017 - 10:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
The premiere of Big Little lies was just ok for me. Good enough that I will watch more. It's hard to watch only the first ep of a murder mystery.

eta: the totally unexpected thing between Nicole Kidman and her husband at the end is really the main thing that made me want to watch more. That shocked me.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Monday, February 20, 2017 - 11:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
I really enjoyed it. I loved the book and they are doing a good job with it. Oh Naja, there will be a lot more of the unexpected from them.

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, February 28, 2017 - 10:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
On May 21st, Showtime channel is reviving
Twin Peaks for 18 episodes.

If you subscribe to Showtime, it has the original Twin Peaks in on-demand right now, and it's also playing the Twin Peaks movie "Fire Walk With Me" on Wednesday night.

I had never seen the original series so this past weekend I started binging it to be ready for the next series :-)

btw, the old series is also on Netflix.

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, February 28, 2017 - 11:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
What's interesting to me is how to so may actors, Twin Peaks was their big break. I about jumped out of my chair when David Duchovny walked into a scene, and wearing a dress and wig. There are so many more.

Irishgranny

04-15-2009

Wednesday, March 01, 2017 - 8:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Irishgranny a private message Print Post    
The new series "Sun Records" debuts on CMT tomorrow....after Nashville. In Canada, we get Nashville on the "W" channel...will "Sun Records be there too...???? Here's hoping.

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, March 15, 2017 - 9:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Hap and Leonard Season 2 started tonight and it was very good! It's subtitled "Mucho Mojo", and it's on Sundance.

This season the boys are both still beat up and/or heartbroken from season 1, and now they stumble into a serious mystery of a child killer.

They say this season is more serious than last season.

Naja

06-28-2003

Saturday, April 08, 2017 - 9:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I have found my favorite new show.

Brockmire on IFC

Brockmire (Hank Azaria) is a famed major league baseball announcer who suffers an embarrassing and very public meltdown live on the air after discovering his beloved wife’s serial infidelity. A decade later, Jim Brockmire decides to reclaim his career and love life in a small American rust belt town that has seen better days, calling minor league baseball games for the Morristown Frackers. The struggling team is led by Jules (Amanda Peet), the strong-willed, hard-drinking owner and Charles (Tyrel Jackson Williams), the naïve but enthusiastic team intern.

It premiered this last Wednesday night with a double episode. They are already in on-demand.

http://www.ifc.com/shows/brockmire

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Sunday, April 09, 2017 - 12:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
love Hank Azaria.

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, May 03, 2017 - 9:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Mike Tyson Mysteries season 3 premieres on May 14. Cartoon Network.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Thursday, May 18, 2017 - 1:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
A preview of 34 new TV shows coming Fall and beyond...

http://tvline.com/gallery/fall-new-tv-shows-preview-photos-2017/#!1/9-1-1/