TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through June 23, 2017

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Netflix Series Recommendations : ARCHIVES: Archive through June 23, 2017 users admin

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Saturday, May 27, 2017 - 6:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Agree 100%. Bloodline lost me last season but I'm giving it a go again. So far, not so good.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Sunday, May 28, 2017 - 5:31 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Just finished "Bloodline", disappointed , confusing plott. Perhaps I should not have watched some of the final episodes while sleepy. At one point I was so confused with the plot and this was a show I really enjoyed during the first 2 seasons.

Agree. What a disappointment season 3 was. Parts were OK, but on the whole it was bad -- artsy fartsy. Waited a year for that??!! Certainly different writers and directors than the first two seasons. How could they put that on screen?

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Sunday, May 28, 2017 - 9:07 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Oh dear. Sounds dreadful. How disappointing. Seems Bloodline creators got greedy. Some shows are only meant for a short run with a conclusion, not trying to drag it out for multiple seasons just because it was a hit.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Sunday, May 28, 2017 - 9:45 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Bloodline was expected to run for 5 or 6 seasons. After two seasons, State of Florida cancelled tax incentives so Netflix had to wrap it up in three seasons. They did a horrible job of it for the most part. Mostly blame it on the State of Florida.

Sugar

08-15-2000

Sunday, May 28, 2017 - 2:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
Not the first disappointing thing I find Florida bearing responsibility for in the last several months.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Sunday, May 28, 2017 - 7:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
LOL Sugar!
I'm surprised to hear they had scripts and material for 5 or 6 seasons because it seemed like they had enough for one and then tried to stretch it. I'll still watch, but it's moved down my list.

Mizinvanccouver

02-21-2003

Monday, May 29, 2017 - 5:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mizinvanccouver a private message Print Post    
Add me to those not enjoying season 3 of Bloodlines. I'm only 2 episodes in. I too only really enjoyed season 1 and season 2 was just 'ok'.

I did find something to watch, the show "Fallen" with Gillian Anderson. She is a police officer called in to help solve a serial killer case.

Mizinvanccouver

02-21-2003

Monday, May 29, 2017 - 6:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mizinvanccouver a private message Print Post    
So try, it's called The Fall.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Monday, May 29, 2017 - 1:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
I didn't care for Bloodline season 3, but thinking of watching it again if only for one actress' role. Hadn't heard of the actress before. Smallish role, but she STOOD OUT to me. Actress Molly Price as Eric O'Bannon's defense attorney.

Cablejockey

12-26-2001

Monday, May 29, 2017 - 4:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cablejockey a private message Print Post    
I loved The Fall with Gillian Anderson and Micheal Dorn. Riveting story, characters you felt were real and lots of violence, so may not be good for some. So many layers to the whole thing and you couldnt see whats coming.
Right now I am in the middle of The Keepers. \Its a very disturbing documentary about the sexual abuse many young teenaged girls suffered at the hands of a councilor at a Catholic High School in the late 60s along with the mystery of the murder of a nun! http://www.imdb.com/title/tt6792200/fullcredits?ref_=tt_ov_st_sm

Rissa

03-19-2006

Monday, May 29, 2017 - 5:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rissa a private message Print Post    
Cable, it's Jamie Dornan not Michael Dorn. Got my attention because Michael Dorn played Lt Worf on Star Trek and I had just recently been thinking that I haven't seen him in years. Lol was panicking that I had watched three seasons of The Fall and not noticed him, LolOL

Cablejockey

12-26-2001

Tuesday, May 30, 2017 - 4:09 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cablejockey a private message Print Post    
Oh my! Sorry for that mix up in names!! I have been watching Star Trek and that name was in the back of my mind!!

Marameko

07-14-2002

Wednesday, May 31, 2017 - 6:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marameko a private message Print Post    
I am on episode 6 of "The House of Cards", so good .

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, June 01, 2017 - 7:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
We finally finished Bloodline. We loved it....Except for the final 2 episodes. Sometimes I think writers try so hard to come up with a different type of ending that they get so caught up in the "different" and forget to make it good.

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, June 01, 2017 - 10:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
"The Ranch" is back June 16. I love that show! Sam Elliott and Ashton Kutcher are the most handsome older and younger guys. (IMO Danny Masterson was lucky to get the gig).

If it's like last year, we'll get 10 eps up front, and 10 more eps 6 months later.

Marameko

07-14-2002

Friday, June 02, 2017 - 7:04 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marameko a private message Print Post    
Thanks for the reminder Naja on "The Ranch"; I will need something to watch as I make myself iron or clean the bathroom. Multitasking yet watching makes one not feel guilty.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Friday, June 02, 2017 - 8:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
I enjoy The Ranch too. Just when you are laughing at some silly thing, they get you right in the heart.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Sunday, June 04, 2017 - 12:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Finished Bloodline yesterday. I really enjoyed this show and will miss it. I agree with you, Naja, that the last two episodes kind of went off the rails. It seemed like they had to wrap it up sooner than expected when Florida changed their filming regulations. I wish they'd gone on a couple more seasons. Such an outstanding cast! And gorgeous locations.

Strategist

07-01-2014

Sunday, June 04, 2017 - 12:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Strategist a private message Print Post    
Just finished Bloodline. Liked it a lot during the court case. Got a bit wonky at the end, but it helped explain John's psychology. Liked the ending a lot.

Scooterrific

07-08-2005

Monday, June 05, 2017 - 8:05 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scooterrific a private message Print Post    
I, too, finished Bloodline yesterday, because last weekend I started over with season 1. I was skeptical because I heard alot of negative things, but I really enjoyed it, and thought it ended well.

I also enjoy the Ranch!

Rvon

12-11-2003

Monday, June 05, 2017 - 10:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rvon a private message Print Post    
Does anyone know if this season (Season 5) of House of Cards is the final season? I'm just wondering how much more convoluted it can get.

Marameko

07-14-2002

Thursday, June 08, 2017 - 11:44 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marameko a private message Print Post    
It better not be.......that would leave us truly dangling especially with the ending of the current season.

Irsnappy

01-13-2009

Friday, June 23, 2017 - 9:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Irsnappy a private message Print Post    
omg I just binge watched on Netflix Bomb Girls. Totally obsessed with these girls. It was such a good story that each of these people have seeped into my brain...it really makes you care about each and every one of them. wish there were more.

Sugar

08-15-2000

Friday, June 23, 2017 - 1:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
Just finished The Fall. I liked the the first 2 series better than the 3rd but thought it well done overall.

Enjoyed Bess of Both Worlds am on an Australian TV kick right now. Maybe that was on HHULLs Netflix.

Off to find a new show.

Sugar

08-15-2000

Friday, June 23, 2017 - 1:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
HULU not HHULLs