TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through May 04, 2017

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Feud: Bette Davis and Joan Crawford: Archive through May 04, 2017 users admin

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, April 23, 2017 - 9:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
feliciacago‏ @feliciacago 1h1 hour ago
More
This card game on #FeudFX should be everyone's new obsession.

FEUD: Bette and Joan‏Verified account @FeudFX 1h1 hour ago
More
Mamacita, you make us realize what being there for someone truly means. #FeudFX @JackieHoffman16

Dominic Burgess‏Verified account @dominicburgess 55m55 minutes ago
More
Folks, what are we going to do with our Sunday nights now?!?! #FeudFX

Michael Sanders‏ @MDwightKeller 49m49 minutes ago
More
"I'm not here to present; I'm here to preside." --Bette #FeudFX

alison wright‏Verified account @alison__wright 44m44 minutes ago
More
Bye guys !! It's been real ❤️❤️❤️ #FeudFX #FeudBetteAndJoan Forever ❤️❤️❤️@CancelledAgain 😘

Panda

07-15-2005

Monday, April 24, 2017 - 6:16 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Panda a private message Print Post    
I'll sure miss this show!! I thought all the actors did a fine job.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, April 24, 2017 - 10:21 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
It was fabulous, so sorry it is over.

It was sad, and I was amazed about Joan have molars moved to have a better cheekbone!

I loved the dinner party scene when Joan was sick, it was done really well, and I would love if both Joan and Bette actually had acknowledged each other in that way.

But Wow, what a show and it really shows how manipulative everyone was to create that feud.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Monday, April 24, 2017 - 10:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
I really did not like the last show since it had more fantasy. I don't think they needed to take it in detail to the very end, I was more interested with their careers, not so much what came after. Certainly not things they made up out of whole cloth. There were other more interesting things they could have covered
It is hard enough to do right by someone's
It is hard enough to do a story on a real person with out just making things up like that.
So I found the beginning more interesting, although going back further in time to when they were acting in other films would have been more interesting to me.

I will be skipping the Charles and Diana one, that is so never going to be covered fairly.

FYI molars - I remember people doing that in the 50's. it is not so far back in dark history to me.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Monday, April 24, 2017 - 3:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I enjoyed the last episode as much as the rest of it. I knew Joan was hallucinating as soon as she woke up and heard the party in the other room. My dad had episodes like that when he was dying of cancer. At least Joan's was a happy hallucination. My dad's were terrifying.

I'm looking forward to seeing the one on Charles and Diana. I was always Team Diana, but I'm reading a biography of Charles that's giving me a different perspective.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Monday, April 24, 2017 - 5:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
Well, I just finished watching the finale. Excellent! I was surprised at how hard it hit me. I knew the end would be sad but they were able to get to me even when I had my guard up!

Loved the ending photos with the captions of the real people. I was shocked that Olivia de Havilland turned 100 just last June. I had no idea she was still alive, but she actually replied to an email from Ryan Murphy about "Feud":

Ryan Murphy Absolutely Loved Olivia de Havilland's Delightfully Shady Email About Feud

http://people.com/tv/ryan-murphy-olivia-de-havilland-not-feuding-over-feud/

Btw, if you ever get a chance to see Olivia de Havilland in "Lady in a Cage", don't pass it up! None of my friends had ever heard of it so I had fun showing it to them...Olivia as a middle aged woman trapped in her lovely upscale home's personal cage elevator while a group of juvenile delinquents raids her house and torments her....and the leader of that little gang was 24 year old James Caan and Ann Sothern is in it, too!

Trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rw4AJjsuaHA
---------

Interesting....when I saw Mommie Dearest, I didn't think Faye Dunaway looked like Joan at all....until later in the show when she was in the Pepsi Cola's Board room...suddenly I was seeing Joan Crawford instead of Faye Dunaway.

I had a similar experience with Jessica Lange playing Joan....the similarity didn't quite work, although Ms Lange did an excellent job acting in the role. But then, in the finale, during the hallucination of the party when Joan and Bette were sitting across the table from one another....all of a sudden Jessica Lange suddenly turned into Joan Crawford!

Here's a screen shot, taken from the finale episode:

jessica is

I think it was the low angle lighting and her eyes being wide open that transformed her....or maybe Joan just decided to posses Jessica at that moment. In any case, I think Jessica Lange did an excellent job. The same goes for Susan Sarandon's portrayal of Bette.

They BOTH deserve the Best Actress Emmy for this show! I don't expect to see any shenanigans from Jessica Lange if they're nominated but it would be a hoot if they did a "bit" about that anecdote at the next Emmy Awards Show! :-)

And now my desire to see anything Ryan Murphy does with Jessica Lange is even stronger.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Monday, April 24, 2017 - 7:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Dipo, ty for the tweets!!

Sanfran, wouldnt that be awesome!! I would squeel like a 13 yr old if they did that!

I agree, she looks just like her in that pic!

Mimi

04-30-2009

Monday, April 24, 2017 - 7:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mimi a private message Print Post    
I loved this show but I found it really sad and pathetic how these women ended up. I actually watched it twice.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Monday, April 24, 2017 - 10:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Sadly it hasn't changed much for aging actresses.

Marameko

07-14-2002

Tuesday, April 25, 2017 - 6:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marameko a private message Print Post    
Thoroughly enjoyed this series, very sad how each had daughters that they had poor relationships with.
Thanks Sanfran for the info on "Lady in a Cage", I had never heard of that movie and will now try to find it.

Panda

07-15-2005

Tuesday, April 25, 2017 - 12:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Panda a private message Print Post    
Me neither!

I still haven't watched my DVR'd Bette and Joan movies, so I have that at least!

I bet there are more Hollywood stars with sad stories like this toward the ends of their careers/lives, I just haven't heard of them yet.

Sunnyday

08-07-2014

Tuesday, April 25, 2017 - 2:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sunnyday a private message Print Post    
Mable Norman and Fatty Arbuckle are two off of the top of my head that had very sad endings.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Tuesday, April 25, 2017 - 3:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
I think Frances Farmer wins the title of "worst ending to a Hollywood acting career". I put it in a spoiler box in case you haven't seen the movie, "Frances"...but if you're interested in seeing it, do so before you read the spoiler box!
Spoiler
Click below to view spoiler
They gave her a lobotomy.

If you've never seen Jessica Lange in the movie, "Frances" (based on the life of the real life actress, Frances Farmer) do it NOW. Ms Lange was spectacular in that film! That's the film that made me a fan of hers for life.

In fact, Jessica Lange was up for two Oscars in 1982. She was nominated and won an Oscar for Best Supporting Actress in "Tootsie" but lost the Best Actress award for "Frances" to Meryl Streep for her performance in "Sophie's Choice" that same year.

I've always thought that The Academy voted for Lange as best supporting actress in Tootsie as a consolation prize. I had seen both movies that year and didn't even remember that Jessica Lange had been in Tootsie! It was a fairly non-memorable role (to me) that a lot of actresses could have done just as well in. However, I couldn't imagine any other actress doing as well as Jessica Lange did in "Frances". I say the same thing about Meryl Streep's performance in "Sophie's Choice". It was a really tough competition that year...they EACH deserved a best actress award. Luckily, Ms Lange was up for two awards that year and I think some voters made a choice that was the only way to give them each an Oscar. (This is just the biased personal opinion of a hard core Jessica Lange fan. :-))

Here's a trailer for Frances (1982):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJzj8dRRmbk

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, April 25, 2017 - 3:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I have seen both of those movies, SFJ. I agree, they are incredible!

(Lady in a Cage and Frances)

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Tuesday, April 25, 2017 - 4:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Frances! I need to re watch that, I haven't seen that since the year it came out. She was also in the postman always rings twice with Jack Nicholson maybe a little earlier than Frances. She's the best. She was married to my #1 all time crush, Michel Baryshnikov, lucky woman.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, April 25, 2017 - 5:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
FEUD: Bette and Joan‏Verified account @FeudFX 2h2 hours ago
More
.@harpersbazaarus examines the #FeudFX finale sequence everyone’s talking about. Darlings, you simply must read! http://bit.ly/Feud_hb

Sugar

08-15-2000

Wednesday, April 26, 2017 - 8:49 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
We were both a bit disappointed in the finale. Seemed a bit dull.
Would have liked to know what happened to Pauline & Mamacita. I guess Pauline said she went into documentaries, but still would have liked to see them in the ending montage.

Marameko

07-14-2002

Thursday, April 27, 2017 - 6:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marameko a private message Print Post    
Great points, Sugar.

Mimi

04-30-2009

Thursday, April 27, 2017 - 5:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mimi a private message Print Post    
Sugar Pauline wasn't a real person from what I gather. I thought Mamacita had already moved on from Joan and wasn't there when Joan died, but it would have been nice to have seen an update.

Sugar

08-15-2000

Thursday, April 27, 2017 - 10:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
Of course Pauline was real. She was on tv and we are talking about her on the internet.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, April 27, 2017 - 10:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
LOL

Pamy

01-01-2002

Sunday, April 30, 2017 - 8:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
I'm having Feud withdrawals!

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, April 30, 2017 - 8:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
LOL, I know....I am having a hard time figuring out what I am interested in now.

Panda

07-15-2005

Thursday, May 04, 2017 - 7:04 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Panda a private message Print Post    
I finally watched All About Eve, great movie! I want to see more Bette!!

I still have Mildred Pierce on the DVR, too!

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, May 04, 2017 - 11:02 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
So funny, I was flipping through channels the other night and came across Murder on the Nile. It's an old Agatha Christie that was made before David Suchet took over Poroit, Peter Ustinov played him.

And I noticed that the other actor in the TV Guide blurb was Bette Davis. So I watched it until I saw who she played, I didn't remember her being in it, LOL. It was great, so I watched the whole thing.