TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through June 21, 2017

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Fargo - FX channnel: Archive through June 21, 2017 users admin

Marameko

07-14-2002

Tuesday, May 09, 2017 - 6:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marameko a private message Print Post    
The only connection is the location....Minnesota.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Saturday, May 13, 2017 - 2:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Okay, I watched this week's episode and I'm thoroughly confused. What car accident is this Officer Winnie Lopez investigating? Last week's episode was when Whatshername was in California, so was the accident before the California episode? I must have some sort of short term memory loss where I can't remember a TV show from two weeks ago.

Naja

06-28-2003

Saturday, May 13, 2017 - 3:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
In ep 2, after the tampon incident, remember at the restaurant when Sy tells Ray they he is never to see Emmet again?

Then when Sy leaves the restaurant, he crashes a couple times on purpose into Ray's Corvette with his yellow Hummer, but then by accident he hits a woman's SUV on the way out of the lot.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Sunday, May 14, 2017 - 5:05 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Thanks Naja, I swear I don't remember that accident. I may have to go back and watch Ep. 2 On Demand.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Sunday, May 14, 2017 - 9:19 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
It had slipped my mind as well. I could vaguely remember, but not the details, so thanks Naja.

I swear I'm mixing all the shows I'm watching in my mind: Fargo, Better Call Saul, Blacklist, Sneaky Pete, and Homeland.

DId anyone notice the voice narrating Peter and the Wolf? It was from Season 1.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Sunday, May 14, 2017 - 10:22 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
I think that was Billy Bob Thornton that was doing the narrating.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Sunday, May 14, 2017 - 11:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Yep! Love his voice.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Monday, May 22, 2017 - 11:39 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Seriously? That coffee mug scene was disturbing.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Sunday, June 11, 2017 - 1:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
I need help with this week's episode. It left me totally confused. Were the three guys that caused the prison bus to crash after the guy that was chained to Nikki - yet they were being hunted by other men in the woods?

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Sunday, June 11, 2017 - 2:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Here is the EW recap. It barely clears things up; however, there are some good theories in the comments section. I think my problem is the recap and the comments reference a lot of movies I have never seen.

Episode 8 Recap

Naja

06-28-2003

Sunday, June 11, 2017 - 2:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I didn't really get it either, but one thing I learned is that I've been wrong about bulimia guy being the same guy as in the beginning in Russia.

The guy chained to Nikki is the guy from Russia.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Sunday, June 11, 2017 - 5:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
Naja, the guy chained to Nikki was the deaf guy, right?

According to IMDB.COM:

That actor's name is Russell Harvard and the character he plays is "Mr Wrench". (This deaf character was in season 1 of Fargo, too.)
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm2341751/?ref_=tt_cl_t19

The guy being questioned in Russia was the character, "Yuri Gurka", and he's played by Goran Bogdan. Yuri Gurka was one of the bad guys that was chasing Nikki through the woods while she was chained to Mr Wrench. Yuri is the character who actually got his ear sliced off when Mr Wrench threw the axe into the woods.
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm2041861/?ref_=tt_cl_t30

Something is off....

This is the guy being questioned in Russia:
jakob
(image is a screen cap from aired episode)

However, the official that was questioning him said to him, "You are Yuri Gurka", but the guy said that was a mistake because his name was "Jakob Ungerleider".

IMBD.COM has no listing for any character on Fargo named "Jakob".

Here is the character named "Yuri Gurka" in the rest of the season:
18-yuri
image from: LINK

They are obviously not the same person.

I'm thinking that maybe it was a case of mistaken identity for a murder in Russia and that "Yuri Gurka" framed "Jakob Ungerleider" for it...then Yuri got away with it and eventually came to America and got his ear chopped off in the woods.

Either that, or the people at IMDB.COM were all drunk the day they listed the cast. :-)

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Sunday, June 11, 2017 - 5:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
PS - I did all that research without having read the recap just above!

I did learn that apparently Wrench and Yuri played the same pair of brothers in Fargo's season 1. I remembered a deaf guy in that season but couldn't remember his face and I had no recollection of the Yuri character in season 1.

And that "Jakob" (in the Russia scene) wasn't actually "Yuri Gurka" like his interrogator thought he was.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Sunday, June 11, 2017 - 6:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
OK, so I did recall the deaf guy from a prior season. I didn't remember season 1 or what happens to him. But I knew I had seen him before!

But now you've lost me if you're saying Yuri is/was his brother in season 1?! And I couldn't really tell if the 3 guys how crashed the bus were after the deaf man or the girl or both?

I think Fargo is pretty good about putting all the puzzle pieces together for us, so I'll patiently wait.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Monday, June 12, 2017 - 1:36 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
"But now you've lost me if you're saying Yuri is/was his brother in season 1?! And I couldn't really tell if the 3 guys how crashed the bus were after the deaf man or the girl or both? "

Brenda1966, at that recap link (in Lexie-girl's post, above) it says this:

"As I suspected at the end of the last episode, that is, in fact, half of season 1’s brotherly assassin duo next to Nikki in the police transport when it hits the road."

That sentence was pretty convoluted, but the author is saying that, in season one there was a set of brothers (a "duo") who were assassins....and now, in season three, one of those brothers was seated next to Nikki when the bus left the police station.

I remember there was a bad guy in season one who was deaf, so the author of that recap was referring to Mr Wrench as being "half of the brotherly assassin duo" in season one.

I previously thought that the recap's author had been implying that Yuri was Wrench's brother in season one, but now that I have gone through this all yet again, I realize I was just confused on that point.

I think Yuri and DJ Qualls were going after Nikki, but since we now know that there was a previous Fargo assassin on the prison bus, I think they could've been after him, too, for some as yet unexplained reason.

I agree, Fargo is pretty good about bringing all their story threads together by the time the final is over. I wish I'd just waited until the finale before trying to put the pieces together!

My brain hurts.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Monday, June 12, 2017 - 3:22 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    

((((THUD)))))

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Monday, June 12, 2017 - 3:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
I don't know how y'all remember season one. The only assassin I remember from that season in BBT.

Foolscap

09-04-2004

Monday, June 12, 2017 - 7:24 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Foolscap a private message Print Post    
I'm not sure if this has anything to do with what you're all talking about, but in season 1 the deaf Russian guy, Mr. Wrench, was working with a partner, Mr. Numbers, played by Adam Goldberg. Not sure if they were brothers, but Mr. Numbers, I know, got killed. Perhaps I'm just adding to the confusion.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Monday, June 12, 2017 - 7:43 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Okay... now I kind of remember Mr. Numbers from season one.

Foolscap, as far as confusing me - that train left the station a looooooong time ago.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Monday, June 12, 2017 - 12:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
I just had to look and confirm -- Season 3 happens after season 1. (Season 2 was a prequel to Season 1). So, we are 3-4 years after season 1 events.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Monday, June 12, 2017 - 1:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
"I don't know how y'all remember season one."

Lexie, please don't give me any credit for remembering season one! The only part about this I remembered on my own was that there was a deaf bad guy in season one!

When Wrench first used sign language in this episode, a light went on in my head....but when I looked around in there it was totally empty.:-)

I had to read that recap before I finally, kind of, sorta, vaguely remembered that the deaf guy was part of a brother assassin duo....and even then I mixed up who his brother was.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Tuesday, June 13, 2017 - 6:10 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Ah SJFJ... I must give you credit. Your memory got me through six seasons of Lost!!!!

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Tuesday, June 13, 2017 - 2:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
Thank you, Lexie, but Lost was different...I was obsessed!

I've never been that involved in any TV series before or since. I love Fargo but I don't really think about it much between episodes....unless I find something interesting in this thread to ponder.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Wednesday, June 14, 2017 - 3:17 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
I will agree with you about being obsessed with Lost. I don't think I was ever obsessed with a show like I was about Lost.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Wednesday, June 21, 2017 - 11:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
I am so sad. Tonight is the season finale. Even though Fargo has had good ratings, it is unclear whether it will come back next year because Noah Hawley has another project going. He will not confirm or deny whether tonight is the "series" finale.