TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through March 13, 2017

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Breaking Bad/Better Call Saul: Archive through March 13, 2017 users admin

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Wednesday, April 08, 2015 - 6:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Who was he telling " it's all good man" was it his over weight friend?

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Wednesday, April 08, 2015 - 7:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
He said that to the short guy that Jimmy and his overweight friend hustled with the passed out guy/fake Rolex scam in the first episode.

Heavy guy died during a similar scam only with a different victim.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Thursday, April 09, 2015 - 6:45 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
This first season was a bit slow moving, but enjoyable. I am hoping they will pick up the pace a bit in the next season. Think about how much happened in season 1 of Breaking Bad... Now we have the setting and background, time for the fun and mayhem!

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, November 23, 2015 - 9:11 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I just saw that season 2 will premiere
February 15, 2016.

It can't come soon enough for me! :-)

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, February 17, 2016 - 3:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I have never been so happy for a show to start. The season 2 premiere was awesome!

I think my favorite part of the show was Jimmy and Kim doing a little con together for the fun of it.

Reenie

06-24-2006

Wednesday, February 17, 2016 - 4:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reenie a private message Print Post    
I was also very happy with the beginning of Season 2!

The con was hilarious!

Marameko

07-14-2002

Thursday, February 18, 2016 - 11:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marameko a private message Print Post    
I feel guilty about adding on any new shows to my viewing but this sounds like a winner so I need to check out season 1 before "House of Cards" drops on 3/4/16.

Smokey

07-07-2003

Thursday, February 18, 2016 - 4:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Smokey a private message Print Post    
I just binge-watched season 1 on Netflix and loved it. It has the Breaking Bad flavor and I really love the Jimmy-Saul character.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Wednesday, March 02, 2016 - 4:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Anyone watching? I must have missed it ,but how did Sauls/jimmys brother all the sudden get over his phobia and be able to leave the house and sit in the boardroom?

Strategist

07-01-2014

Wednesday, March 02, 2016 - 5:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Strategist a private message Print Post    
I think he got out his "outdoors" phobia last season. He still has a "cellphone" phobia.

I believe that the reason he is getting out to the office is he is furious that Saul is doing so well. He wants to make sure that he does not succeed as a lawyer.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Wednesday, March 02, 2016 - 6:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Yeah, me too, I don't think it's just him wanting to make sure he doesn't do anything to put his name at risk, I think there's a real need to squash him. So unfair considering how much Saul helped him with his phobias and how respectful he was of them.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Wednesday, March 02, 2016 - 7:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Sibling rivalry to the 10th degree.

Reenie

06-24-2006

Friday, March 04, 2016 - 8:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reenie a private message Print Post    
Yes, so odd that Jimmy/Saul's brother Chuck has gotten off the couch to squash Jimmy/Saul. Especially since it was Jimmy/Saul who took care of Chuck while he was all phobia-filled at home.

Grrrrrrrr.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Friday, March 04, 2016 - 10:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
I also think he's trying to catch him breaking the law. Not to protect him of course, but to nail him.

Spoton

09-16-2005

Wednesday, March 30, 2016 - 10:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spoton a private message Print Post    
I am in awe of how this show can get better every episode. Jimmy is becoming my favorite character of all time. The inflatable / colorful clothes montage was the best. I was giggling with delight!

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, March 30, 2016 - 9:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I was wondering why I thought Jimmy was so attractive to me, and I realized it's because he resembles my husband. My husband didn't believe me until I put a picture of him at that age next to Jimmy, and now he believes me. (my dh is 25 years older than me) Jimmy in the show is the same age as my husband when I met him.

Ranger2

08-08-2008

Saturday, April 23, 2016 - 2:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ranger2 a private message Print Post    
Can I just say that I absolutely hate chuck! He is so jealous of Jimmy it makes me sick. Jimmy has been there constantly for him! I wonder if we will soon see Saul Goodman come on the scene because I think Jimmy McGill will be disbarred. :-(

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Saturday, April 23, 2016 - 5:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Yeah, Chuck is quite unlikable. He is so jealous he can't see how unkind his own behavior is -- working to steal back Mesa Verde from Kim simply because of her relationship with Jimmy. He never wants Jimmy to succeed.

I happened across Laverne and Shirley on cable and saw a scene with Lenny and Squigy. I had to laugh thinking of Chuck.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Sunday, April 24, 2016 - 2:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I think Saul will appear soon. I presume when they started the series they had a plan in mind for the story timeline and available seasons, and it makes sense that they will switch to Saul now so that we can see more of the Saul we know's background.

I can't get over how kind Jimmy is to his brother, always taking off his electronics and so on, being respectful of his "disorder" and then Chuck just can't show him any kindness at all. Such a horrible person.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Sunday, April 24, 2016 - 10:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
On the after show "Talking Saul" they said they don't really have a plan or timeline at all. It's just written as they go. I know I'm getting impatient for the emergence of Saul!

Kitt

09-05-2000

Monday, April 25, 2016 - 2:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Oh I thought they would have to stick to a kind of timeline because when they wrap up they really want to be in a good place in telling where Saul was at the start of Breaking Bad. I guess they can always have a big break between seasons some time if they need it.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Monday, April 25, 2016 - 6:41 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Well, yes, they know where they need to get to, but it doesn't sound like they know how they are getting there or how long they'll take. Which is surprising, but he said that's how they worked it on Breaking Bad. Wrote as they went, and it allowed them to adapt and explore what was working and take advantage of opportunities rather than be locked into anything.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Sunday, May 01, 2016 - 2:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Just watching Talking Saul now, and they have a good observation that if you know the way it forces you to pass up better ways that you think of later. I wouldn't have thought of that.

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, December 27, 2016 - 8:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Since nothing is really on, we've been watching the marathon of BB, and I noticed something I didn't notice before. In the "Better Call Saul" episode where we first meet Saul, Saul actually tells everyone his real name. McGill. I thought that was interesting! For some reason I had thought "McGill" wasn't a name they concocted until Saul's show came to be.

Neat, huh?

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, March 13, 2017 - 10:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Have you guys seen the previews yet? Gus is back this season! He's the big drug dealer that owned the chicken restaurant chain "Los Pollos Hermanos", and that also got blown up in senior home. His death scene is my favorite one from Breaking Bad. Remember he walked out of the room after the explosion and half his head was gone?

This looks like a real restaurant a commercial, but it's not :-)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O8vfckXAPJ8