TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through May 09, 2017

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Fargo - FX channnel: Archive through May 09, 2017 users admin

Happymom

01-20-2003

Monday, April 17, 2017 - 7:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Happymom a private message Print Post    
Just bumping this up because we are getting close!

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, April 19, 2017 - 3:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
It feels like we have been waiting for 2 or 3 years.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Wednesday, April 19, 2017 - 6:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
Btw, this news is a couple of months old but did you guys know that Kristen Dunst and Jesse Plemons got engaged in January? I was surprised that I haven't seen it mentioned in this thread.

From January 12:

'Fargo' Costars Kirsten Dunst, Jesse Plemons Are Engaged
http://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-news/news/fargo-costars-kirsten-dunst-jesse-plemons-are-engaged-w460736

------

It was'nt just a rumor...here's another article from 4 days ago):

Ringing in the weekend! Kirsten Dunst shows off her diamond engagement band over brunch with friends

"She said yes to Jesse Plemons' proposal after he popped the question in January.

And four months later, Kirsten Dunst showed off her glittering diamond band while leaving brunch on Friday in Studio City.

The 34-year-old paired her engagement ring with a denim jacket and black trousers for her lunch outing.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-4414392/Kirsten-Dunst-shows-diamond-ring.html

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, April 19, 2017 - 6:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
That's wild. In a million years I wouldn't have paired them as a real life couple. They seem so different.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Wednesday, April 19, 2017 - 6:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
They were truly a perfect couple on Fargo. Maybe they're a lot more like their Fargo characters than anyone thought! :-)

Marameko

07-14-2002

Thursday, April 20, 2017 - 5:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marameko a private message Print Post    
Ditto Naja.......

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Thursday, April 20, 2017 - 6:01 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
I'm with Naja. Never in a million years would I have paired them as a couple.

I recorded the episode last night. Was it as good as I expect it to be?

Uncle_ricky

07-02-2007

Thursday, April 20, 2017 - 10:14 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Uncle_ricky a private message Print Post    
Last. Night's. Season. Three. Premiere. Was. Delicious. (Extremely!!!)

Totally agree about the shock factor vis-a-vis Plemons and Dunst. But I love it!

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Thursday, April 20, 2017 - 10:29 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Thanks Uncle Ricky!!!

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, April 20, 2017 - 2:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Ok, I watched it but I am not sure what was going on. Sometimes the screen was so dark I couldn't see anything, is that normal? If they do shoot in less light places I can watch it on my living room TV, it has better contract (newer).

Can someone summarize it so I know what I watched, LOL. I wasn't sure if I should understand or if you have to watch several shows before it becomes clear.

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, April 20, 2017 - 2:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I'll try to just give some of the major points. One point to remember is that in Fargo, the criminals are usually bumbling idiots.

When they were younger and their father died, the rich older brother business man tricked his little brother (the parole officer) into taking their dad's Corvette instead of a stamp collection worth millions from the inheritance.

The rich brother wouldn't give the younger brother money to buy a ring for his GF, so he forced one of his parolees to agree to steal the stamp (or stamps?) or else he would send him back to prison for failing his drug test.

On the way to the crime, the parolee loses the address of the house and robs the wrong house, ends up killing the police chief's father, and steals regular postage stamps. You saw he ends up dead after the the AC unit incident, and it looks like the parole officer's business card was found at the scene.

Also, it appears the older brother was somehow tricked into a money laundering scheme. And the guy doing the talking for the ones needing laundering seems to be the same guy from the beginning of the movie, where back in the 80's in Germany he was being falsely accused of killing his wife.

Also, it appears The parolee and his wife love to participate in bridge tournaments. LOL

I am sure I missed a lot, but that's the gist.

I am curious about what the police chief found in the floor of her dad's office. It appeared to be a couple old books, and somehow the figurine she held to one of the covers as if comparing them might mean something.

That's all I got.

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, April 20, 2017 - 3:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Ooops, correction. I meant the "Parole officer and his GF love to participate in Bridge tournaments."

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, April 20, 2017 - 4:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Ok, I got most of that but somehow missed the connection of the killing the police chief's father.

I knew it was going bad when the paper flew out the window and he decided to wing it.

Oh, is that what that card game was, I couldn't figure out what those holder things in the middle of the table were.

Thanks Naja!

Jennywa

07-17-2003

Thursday, April 20, 2017 - 8:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jennywa a private message Print Post    
I was totally drawn into this latest season!
I wasn't sure how Ewan McGregor would do, but I am convinced about at least the parole officer character.
Lots of potential...

Marameko

07-14-2002

Friday, April 21, 2017 - 4:03 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marameko a private message Print Post    
Thanks Naja, I did not recognize the guy from Germany. As usual I fell asleep during part of the show < it was past my bedtime when this comes on> so I missed key points. I can now watch the DVR recording again and get a better feel for the show.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Friday, April 21, 2017 - 2:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
Ewan McGregor is doing great playing both brothers...they don't even look alike!

ewan1
IMDB link

ewan2
IMDB link

Naja

06-28-2003

Friday, April 21, 2017 - 8:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Wow, that's one talented guy!

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Saturday, April 22, 2017 - 5:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Okay, I'm missing something. What does the guy who was getting interrogated in Germany have to do with what is going on Minnesota?

Naja

06-28-2003

Saturday, April 22, 2017 - 5:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Lexie, we don't know yet. You didn't miss anything.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Sunday, April 23, 2017 - 4:05 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Thanks Naja!

Spoton

09-16-2005

Thursday, May 04, 2017 - 9:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spoton a private message Print Post    
Great episode this week. I love all the characters, even the ones only on for one episode. They manage to get so much humanity attached to each one. And the parallel story of the little robot from outer space was surprisingly touching. Love this show.

Scotchbright

10-05-2006

Monday, May 08, 2017 - 2:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scotchbright a private message Print Post    
I don't have Hulu to watch past episodes - is the new season separate enough to start watching or should I not watch?

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Monday, May 08, 2017 - 5:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Scotchbright, it's separate enough from past seasons.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Monday, May 08, 2017 - 6:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Yep. I haven't seen any connection to prior seasons so far. Give it a try!

Scotchbright

10-05-2006

Tuesday, May 09, 2017 - 6:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scotchbright a private message Print Post    
Thanks!