TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through June 01, 2017

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Leah Remini: Scientology and Aftermath: Archive through June 01, 2017 users admin

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Thursday, May 25, 2017 - 3:29 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
This show is worthy of its own thread. Just getting it started since the show returns this coming Tuesday.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Thursday, May 25, 2017 - 6:41 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I agree it's a fascinating topic.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Thursday, May 25, 2017 - 8:17 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
I can't wait to see what happened when they went to the attorney's office at the end of the last episode. Didn't she say they found out information that "changed everything" or something like that?

Rieann

08-26-2006

Thursday, May 25, 2017 - 12:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rieann a private message Print Post    
Thanks for the heads up and thread.

Lyn

08-06-2002

Thursday, May 25, 2017 - 3:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lyn a private message Print Post    
Looking forward to what they'll be showing this go around

Egbok

07-13-2000

Friday, May 26, 2017 - 12:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Egbok a private message Print Post    
What channel will this show be on?

Quick personal story about Scientology. When my husband was in college in late 70's, he somehow showed an interest in Scientology...not to join, but either spoke to someone or filled out a form for information. True story, every year since the late 70's Scientology mails him flyers inviting him to lectures and such. They have tracked him down to his addresses over the past 40 years!!

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Friday, May 26, 2017 - 1:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Eggie - it is on A&E. It would be super-awesome if you could watch the first season of this documentary. It is absolutely fascinating.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, May 26, 2017 - 3:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Wow Egbok, they are more persistent than I realized, LOL. Glad I didn't fill out those forms back then because I did consider it, LOL.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Friday, May 26, 2017 - 6:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
Heh Egbok, I had a friend who was talked into a free audit session by a co-worker. The auditor insulted her tried to tear, her down, blamed her for everything like the lack of world peace, they tried to bully her to sign up for another session, But she was a self confident person and pretty much was done with it. This was in the 60's before they got their reputation, but they stood outside her apartment, they called her, followed her down the street, after dealing with this for over a year, she moved to New York to get away from them.
I should ask her if she is watching the show.

Naja

06-28-2003

Saturday, May 27, 2017 - 10:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I looked for the new ep on Tuesday, but it isn't there. And on Monday there seems to be a recap special that is labeled as a two hour season 1 special.
Here's what I found about it:

"Leah Remini and Mike Rinder are hard at work preparing season 2 of Leah Remini: Scientology and the Aftermath. But in the meantime, A&E wanted to tide you over, and so the team has put together a 2-hour special that will look back at where Scientology has been and how it’s been exposed in the past."

So I think there is just a little bit longer wait until season 2.

Egbok

07-13-2000

Sunday, May 28, 2017 - 1:08 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Egbok a private message Print Post    
I just finished watching Ep 1 Season 1 online at A&E. I'm hooked and will watch the remaining episodes. As Lexie_girl said . . .it is absolutely fascinating. She's right!

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Sunday, May 28, 2017 - 4:01 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
I don't know? I see that A&E is running a Season One marathon on Monday followed by a new two-hour episode. My guide doesn't say anything about it being a recap so I have no clue.

Egbok

07-13-2000

Sunday, May 28, 2017 - 10:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Egbok a private message Print Post    
I also found the Season One marathon on Monday followed by the 2 hour episode scheduled for tomorrow. I'll TiVo them.

Then I'll be on the lookout for Season 2.

Misspoufy

09-30-2004

Tuesday, May 30, 2017 - 5:39 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Misspoufy a private message Print Post    
I hope they repeat the new episode. Our power went out halfway through :-(

Marameko

07-14-2002

Tuesday, May 30, 2017 - 7:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marameko a private message Print Post    
Misspoufy check On Demand if you have Comcast + A & E will likely run this new episode again multiple times over the next week.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Tuesday, May 30, 2017 - 10:15 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
So I recorded this last night. Was this a "new" episode for season two or was it a "new recap" of season one?

Kitt

09-05-2000

Tuesday, May 30, 2017 - 10:29 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
It gives some background on how they target people who disagree with them, try to report on them, or even simply leave Scientology. So a new show, but not like regular episodes.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Tuesday, May 30, 2017 - 12:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Gotcha... thanks Kitt. I will watch it later on this week.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, May 30, 2017 - 2:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
This was one show with several authors who were harassed and other people.

There will be a season 2 later this year.

I don't think there is ever a case of someone just leaving Scientology.. Even if a person has no family, they still face being billed for courses.. OK, that would be SeacOrg.

I guess someone could have paid all along, and leave, and if no family to shun them, the would still be cut off from other Scientologists.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Thursday, June 01, 2017 - 11:25 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Even if this show never helps anyone who's already in Scientology know the truth (they would't be allowed to watch it, unless they sneak), hopefully it will make people wary of getting involved in the first place. What a horrible, evil, self-serving organization! It's all about making (tax free) money for David Miscavage. This is why I will never go see another Tom Cruise movie. Can't stand him.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Thursday, June 01, 2017 - 12:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Is Tom Cruise a perpetrator or a victim?

Kitt

09-05-2000

Thursday, June 01, 2017 - 12:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I don't know with cults. Are they all victims? Some of the assaults by current members on people who've left make them seem that they are completely delusional to think that behaviour is even remotely acceptable. But they think they are essentially saving the world by destroying evil. I expect Tom Cruise thinks he's doing the right thing.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Thursday, June 01, 2017 - 2:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
Scientology is not the only religion that does nto allow computer interest and tells people to shun enemies, Off hand, I think of Mormons. Not all mormons, but the more deeply religious ones. I know someone who joined and left the Mormon church, she did miss the whole we are family closeness of members that was the real attraction to her, but it chafed her that she was thought of as lesser than men with lesser rights and she wanted to go on line when she wanted to. She was a member for 10 years.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Thursday, June 01, 2017 - 2:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Sadiesmom, the thing that's so horrifying about the Scientologists is that if they perceive of someone as an "enemy" (aka "Suppressive Person" or "SP"), they will systematically set about to destroy that person (especially journalists who go after them). They attempt to destroy not only their reputation, but do everything possible to make them lose their jobs, their friends and families and even their liberty. Scientologists have been caught in the past trying to frame people for crimes they didn't commit. L. Ron Hubbard's own wife was convicted of trying to frame a journalist for making bomb threats to government officials. The journalist was almost convicted!

Not only does Scientology separate families when someone leaves the "church," but if they decide someone has committed some wrong against the church, they actually imprison their own people in camps and force them to do manual labor. It's horrible.

Tom Cruise may not even know about any of this--or if he does, he probably believes it's not true. They discourage their members from reading anything not sanctioned by their church.

Even David Miscavage's own father left after his son gave him a Kindle, not realizing it had the Internet in it. He searched about Scientology, and when he found out what it was really all about, he and his wife left.

Scientology abuses people mentally, physically and financially. Many members have been bankrupted trying to pay for all their classes. It's horrifying. I totally admire Leah Remini for her courage in exposing all the damage this so-called religion has done.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Thursday, June 01, 2017 - 3:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I was trying to figure out what attracted people to Scientology so I looked up what they had in Toronto and found this website. There's about a 6 minute video where they "explain" what it is all about. Based on the explanation they offer, it's no wonder that people find it appealing.

Note that I'm not saying that the explanation and description offered in the video is accurate. Just that I can see how people would find it appealing if they didn't know more about it. It's worth a look.

http://www.scientology-toronto.org/