TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through April 29, 2017

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Random Discussions: ARCHIVES: Archive through April 29, 2017 users admin

Rissa

03-19-2006

Friday, April 14, 2017 - 9:05 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rissa a private message Print Post    
Now this I am excited about!!! John Cleese to make return to BBC in sitcom

Almost 40 years on from Fawlty Towers, the 77-year-old is to make a new BBC sitcom that will reunite him with his Clockwise co-star Alison Steadman.
In Edith, they'll play old flames whose rekindled romance hits the buffers when her 50-year-old son moves back in.
According to Cleese, Charles McKeown's "are the most enjoyable scripts I've been sent in the last 100 years".

Steadman is my favourite Mrs. Bennett and you can't go wrong with Cleese!

Naja

06-28-2003

Sunday, April 16, 2017 - 7:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I'm halfway through the musical salute to the Bee Gee's on CBS, and it's so good. I am just singing along with the whole thing. I'm surprised this far into the show no one has even mentioned Andy. I know he wasn't part of his big brothers' act, but still.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, April 16, 2017 - 8:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Naja, it is really good music but I sure can tell that I wish it was the BeeGees singing, although Andrea Day did sound as strong as they normally did.

Also what was that black line jumpsuit thing, it didn't see to be that flattering on that singer, don't know what her name was, she started the show.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, April 16, 2017 - 8:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Hahahaha, I was singing along and got a bit of a glare from Sylvester.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, April 16, 2017 - 8:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Wow, haven't seen Celine in a while, she has a ton of hair!

Naja

06-28-2003

Sunday, April 16, 2017 - 9:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Did you mean Demi Lovato? I thought she looked amazing in the black jumpsuit, and that she sounded terrific. I thought the blonde girl, Tori Kelly, was a little weak. Her voice just isn't strong enough for this. For me it sounded like whining to a musical beat.

I still haven't watched the second half because DH wanted to switch over to one of his shows. I'll be watching the second half in about 30 minutes.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, April 16, 2017 - 9:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
WHoever that was that sang Night Fever, he did a great job.

And those guys that did More Than A Woman, were fantastic.

Sorry I don't know the names, I am watching something else and just pop over for the songs, LOL.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, April 16, 2017 - 9:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
And it just shows how good the BeeGee's were!, it too 5 people to replace them and sing a song. The 5 did a really good.

Naja

06-28-2003

Sunday, April 16, 2017 - 10:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
OK, DH went to bed and I am resuming the Bee Gees tribute.

Wow, Nick Jonas is singing Night Fever and doing it real justice. I never thought I would be fanning a Jonas Brother....LOL

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, April 16, 2017 - 10:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
LOL, Naja, at least you knew who it was, I thought he did a rally great job too.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, April 16, 2017 - 10:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
New Q: I haven't ever watched Fargo and I see that it is coming back soon, do I have to have seen the previous shows to enjoy this new season?

Naja

06-28-2003

Sunday, April 16, 2017 - 10:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Nope, every season of Fargo is a goofy new story, with all new actors.

Naja

06-28-2003

Sunday, April 16, 2017 - 10:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Oh good. About 90 minutes into the Bee Gees special, they did a little Andy Gibb tribute narrated by Olivia Newton John. I am just happy they didn't leave him out.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, April 16, 2017 - 10:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Naja, was Demi Lovato the one who opened the show? The black jumper was lines all over the place. I just didn't think it was the most attractive, but we all like different things.

Naja

06-28-2003

Sunday, April 16, 2017 - 11:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I can't remember if Demi opened, but she was at the beginning. She is always cruelly fat shamed on social media because she isn't a stick figure and it really hurts her. I think she is gorgeous.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, April 16, 2017 - 11:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Oh, I didn't think she looked fat, I hate all those stick people, LOL. Just didn't like the outfit.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Monday, April 17, 2017 - 7:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
While each season of Fargo is separate, there are some connections to prior season characters. Season 2 was a prequel to season 1, with one of the policemen being the father of one of the law officials in Season 1.

So, yes, I would agree that you can watch season 3 without having seen season 1 or 2, but there will be "connections" back to other seasons that you'll miss out on. Still, it's good TV and worth watching.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Monday, April 17, 2017 - 7:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I remember watching the Jonas Brothers on Hannah Montana and Jonas (with my DD's) and thinking they wouldn't amount to anything. But Nick and Joe have proven to have real talent over the years.

Sorry I missed this show. Sounds like it was great.

I've never watched Fargo but I enjoyed the movie.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Monday, April 17, 2017 - 8:04 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
You don't need to watch the first two seasons of Fargo to understand Season Three which starts this week, but if you can go back and watch them - they are wonderful. OMG - Lester... LOL

Brian2204

09-14-2004

Monday, April 17, 2017 - 9:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brian2204 a private message Print Post    
Re last night's BeeGees Tribute; did anyone else notice that when Barry sang the chorus line of "You Should Be Dancing" he only sang "What'cha doing on your bed" and left out the rest of the line..."on your back". I thought it curious.

Saggkl

07-16-2002

Monday, April 24, 2017 - 5:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Saggkl a private message Print Post    
Did I miss something, or did Showtime only show Fire walk with me and not the Twin peaks?

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, April 24, 2017 - 6:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
The new Twin Peaks series doesn't start until May 21.

And the old Twin Peaks series is in showtime on-demand. They've been airing the old eps here and there, but all of them are in on-demand so you won't have to wait.

Whrlwnd

10-13-2006

Saturday, April 29, 2017 - 9:04 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Whrlwnd a private message Print Post    
Amazon recently released the 3rd season of Bosch (one of my favorite streaming series). I tried so hard not to start watching it the day it released. Lol, I only managed to hold off for 2 days. Sadly, it only took me 5 nights to watch the 10 new episodes, and now I'm back to waiting another year for hopefully the next season. :-(

Season 3 was another good season, though, maybe even better than season 2. :-)

Sunnyday

08-07-2014

Saturday, April 29, 2017 - 4:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sunnyday a private message Print Post    
I got the free trial to britbox last night and cancelled it today. while I liked the programming the format was bad, it took too long to load and was hard to figure out how to get other seasons of shows besides the 1st. I may try it again in a few months to see if it has improved.
It showed British programing no or very little BBC.

Rosie

11-12-2003

Saturday, April 29, 2017 - 8:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rosie a private message Print Post    
the press dinner was a disaster

boring and huge lack of talent all around