TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through March 24, 2017

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: DESIGNATED SURVIVOR: Archive through March 24, 2017 users admin

Misspoufy

09-30-2004

Thursday, December 08, 2016 - 9:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Misspoufy a private message Print Post    
I enjoy the show but it's moving at such a snail's pace. I'm about to give up and go back to Code Black.

Muffin

08-29-2007

Saturday, December 10, 2016 - 4:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Muffin a private message Print Post    
I am also enjoying this show. I I don't find it slow moving, but I have been so preoccupied with other stuff, I probably wouldn't notice.

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Sunday, December 11, 2016 - 6:40 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
Miss, you gave up Code Black which moves like a racing grayhound to watch DS which moves like a snail? CB is one of my all time fave medical shows. DS is too stressful for me to watch any longer.

Christy358

07-10-2007

Saturday, December 17, 2016 - 10:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Christy358 a private message Print Post    
Is it just me? Did I not realize the cliff hanger endings?

Misspoufy

09-30-2004

Monday, December 19, 2016 - 5:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Misspoufy a private message Print Post    
OG...I DID!! I loved the premise and thought it would be great. Also, I decided I could watch CB on Demand because ABC's demand is so weird (you have to wait days and weeks to see something) I think now it was a big mistake and I just need to go back to CB and skip Designated Survivor all together. DS is panning out a lot like another Scandal, which I gave up over a year ago (and do not miss)

Roteach

06-01-2003

Saturday, March 04, 2017 - 7:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roteach a private message Print Post    
New episodes start this Wednesday. I'm still trying to figure out who got shot.

Spunky

10-07-2001

Saturday, March 18, 2017 - 8:04 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
Why did they kill off the McLeish character? A US traitor was just too much to handle??? In a way I'm glad, that storyline was really getting out of hand, but they still have to explain it somehow to the public and who knows if they open a Pandora box...

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Saturday, March 18, 2017 - 8:07 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
I used to watch but it is too stressful for me. I was thinking back then that the wife was part of the plot. DD watches and told my I could be correct. Time will tell.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Saturday, March 18, 2017 - 8:45 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
That was a shocking development. I wasn't expecting that at all. It suggests the VP and his wife were puppets of a much larger organization and conspiracy. I'm enjoying this show. :-)

OG, that was a cool theory but at this point it looks like the First Lady isn't involved.

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Saturday, March 18, 2017 - 9:05 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
But isn't it always the one you would least expect. LOL

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Saturday, March 18, 2017 - 11:00 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
You've been reading or watching murder mysteries, OG.

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Sunday, March 19, 2017 - 5:22 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
I want to be right so I can say I told you so. You are correct in that I read 'who done its' almost exclusively.

Whoami

08-02-2001

Thursday, March 23, 2017 - 5:35 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Whoami a private message Print Post    
Stupid question. If the president was shot in the shoulder, why does he need a cane to walk? Or was he hit in the leg too, and I just missed that part? I do tend top multitask when I watch TV, so sometimes I do miss some details.

Roteach

06-01-2003

Thursday, March 23, 2017 - 6:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roteach a private message Print Post    
Whoami, that was my thought also. They removed the bullet from his shoulder and did additional surgery to remove was it bone chips (or was it shrapnel) from his chest cavity. Maybe he is still weak and the cane is to provide balance and stablilty. Inquiring minds want to know.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Thursday, March 23, 2017 - 7:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
They probably just want to emphasize that he is still recovering and a cane is a good prop for that purpose.

Spunky

10-07-2001

Thursday, March 23, 2017 - 7:49 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
It's just fiction and I shouldn't be so irritated by so many discrepancies in this show, however I keep watching because I'm intrigued by some of the characters, in the sense that they look so well behaved and logic when in fact they could be traitors. Something I can't pin point yet and this keeps me watching. Maybe this is the point of the show.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Thursday, March 23, 2017 - 8:01 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I was surprised they had the First Lady and kids go to Camp David. There's got to be a reason they did that (beyond the reason they gave on the show).

I was almost holding my breath when the helicopter took off. So many bad things happen on this show I was thinking it would explode or get shot down.

Legalboxer

11-17-2003

Thursday, March 23, 2017 - 8:09 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Legalboxer a private message Print Post    
the fall could have impacted his legs too - just not enough for surgery or anything.... i havent watched yet - when he used the cane, which hand was it in? the shoulder injured or the other one?

Cass_cat

05-09-2011

Thursday, March 23, 2017 - 8:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cass_cat a private message Print Post    
I think he uses the cane because he's still weak... using it to help with balance. My mom uses a cane for the very same reason.

Cass_cat

05-09-2011

Thursday, March 23, 2017 - 9:03 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cass_cat a private message Print Post    
Wonder if this will get renewed? How much of the story line will get wrapped up this season? What would a Season 2 look like?

I watch the show, but I'm not emotionally invested in it... fell for that with Forever! I won't say I was devastated when Forever was cancelled... it's only a tv show... but I really disappointed... I fell in love with the characters and where they were possibly heading. boo network TV!

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Thursday, March 23, 2017 - 3:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
the cane was in his right hand. I believe the shot was over the heart on the left side.

Cass_cat

05-09-2011

Thursday, March 23, 2017 - 10:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cass_cat a private message Print Post    
I think that he'd hold the cane with his dominant hand, which is probably his right hand. Cane is used for additional support

Roteach

06-01-2003

Friday, March 24, 2017 - 10:22 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roteach a private message Print Post    
Cass, I thought I saw him signing stuff with his left hand. I noticed because I'm a leftie. I could be wrong.

Cass_cat

05-09-2011

Friday, March 24, 2017 - 10:41 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cass_cat a private message Print Post    
I started watching it this morning... maybe it's too hard for someone who doesn't need a cane to convincingly use one... I'm only 1/2 way through, I'm going to restart and pay closer attention to it... Maybe I'll grab one of my mom's spare canes and give it test drive.

So he was shot on his left side... close to his shoulder so maybe he's not capable of holding a cane, let alone putting some weight on his left side. From what I saw this morning it looked to me like he was holding his left hand/arm in a weird fashion.

Cass_cat

05-09-2011

Friday, March 24, 2017 - 4:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cass_cat a private message Print Post    
rewatching... he's favoring his left arm there's no way he could hold a cane let alone support any weight with his left hand/side.