TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through April 06, 2017

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Bates Motel: Archive through April 06, 2017 users admin

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, March 22, 2016 - 5:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
In the book and movie, it was told that Norman had poisoned his mother and her lover.

But then in Psycho 2, the movie, we find out the woman he knew as his mother was really his Aunt, and Emma Spool is his mother. She was working as the cook at the diner. Norman beats her to death with a shovel in the his kitchen after she tells him the truth.

Emma Spool actually killed Norman's real father when Norman was tiny.

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, May 16, 2016 - 9:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Don't read any further if you haven't watched the season finale.

----------------------------

At first when Norma died, I was really ticked off. I mean she really is the driving force behind this show. It was renewed for 2 more seasons and I was thinking how bad it would be without Norma. Then I remembered which show I was watching....LOL
Of course Norma will be back :-) And then at the end they made sure to let us know she will be back in the actual "Psycho" way.

I'm a little worried about Emma and Dylan coming back, though. I love those characters. The actress that plays Emma does so many movies these days that she doesn't have to come back for a living :-(

Kitt

09-05-2000

Monday, May 16, 2016 - 9:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I'd kind of like Emma and Dylan to not come back, but live happily ever after wherever they are. Unlikely, of course.

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, May 16, 2016 - 9:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I feel like the show needs the extreme goodness of someone like Emma, and even Dylan, to contrast the Evil of Norman,

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Tuesday, May 17, 2016 - 8:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
I don't want Emma and Dylan to come back either. I want them to live happily ever after.

I read that next season is the final season and that Marion Crane will be appearing.

I have to say the acting last night was superb. Freddie Highmore deserves some kind of nomination, especially when you know he's a really sweet British kid. The scenes between Norman and Alex last night were perfection.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Tuesday, May 17, 2016 - 12:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
I don't see Norman as "evil" at all. He's just very dangerously sick. If Norman is psychotic, his thought processes aren't normal, which affects his judgment and his relationships and his view of the world.

As I recall, when he's killed women in the past, he believed his mother did it because..."she" did. His mother is his other "personality". "She" killed Emma's mother and "she" killed that teenage high school girl that had befriended him and I think "she" even killed that teacher who seduced Norman.

I think of "evil" as being driven by a conscious intent to harm others just for the sake of harming them. Norman's alternate "personality" is just trying to protect Norman....but apparently, "she" is sicker than Norman! :-)

But whether Norman is "sick" or "evil"...."they" both still need to be locked up!

I wonder if they'll give Norman other personalities that we've never seen. I read somewhere once (sorry, no link) that most people with Dissociative Identity Disorder have several to dozens of alternate "personalities", not just one.

I love this show! Best finale I've seen in years! They killed off one of the two main characters and, as we all know, she's gonna remain on the show chewing the scenery just like she always has! :-)

Spoton

09-16-2005

Tuesday, May 17, 2016 - 1:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spoton a private message Print Post    
Wow, wow! That was horrifying, sad, infuriating, bizarre, TERRIFIC! I had so many favorite moments, like Romero putting the ring back on Norma's finger, or Chick's chicken Ensenada casserole, Norma's horrible, guilt-inducing, glued eyelid stare, the sad, sad Christmas With Mother scene from inside Norma's sick mind. So, so good.

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, May 17, 2016 - 3:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
SFJ, I just couldn't come up with a better word that late last night. You missed my whole point by settling in on the one word.

I'll use the word "sick" this time.

The show needs the goodness and saneness of Emma and Dylan to contrast the sick mind and actions of Norman.

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, May 18, 2016 - 9:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I misspoke about renewal. Last year it was renewed for two seasons. Next season will be the second.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Thursday, May 19, 2016 - 2:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
"SFJ, I just couldn't come up with a better word that late last night. You missed my whole point by settling in on the one word. "

Now I understand that you meant to say there needed to be more contrast between Norman and the other "good" characters...but that one word ("evil") did change what was being contrasted. "Sane vs sick" is very different than "good vs evil" thing.

To be fair, I could only go by the words I read, not the words you meant to say but didn't.

In any case, the biggest contrast *I* see in this show is the conflict going on inside the twisted and warped mind of Norman. The thing about Norman is that he's just very sick boy that just wants to be with his mother but how he sees his options is totally insane. I feel empathy for him even though he terrifies me.

The thing is, if he wasn't criminally insane he'd probably just be a momma's boy, not all that different than anyone else.

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, February 20, 2017 - 3:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Heads up

Tonight the final season starts. First there will be a 30 minute "catch up" episode, and then season 5 starts right after it.

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, February 23, 2017 - 11:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
After seeing the premiere, I'm glad it's the last season. It just doesn't feel right having Norma be just be a figment of Norman's imagination. Her actual personality is gone.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Friday, February 24, 2017 - 2:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
Look who they got to play Marian Crane, Janet Leigh's iconic character on "Psycho". I'm curious to see how the series will handle the crossover to the iconic movie plot.

I wish they'd digitally insert Alfred Hitchcock into a cameo this season like he always did in his movies. :-)

Rihanna Is Playing Janet Leigh's Iconic 'Psycho' Role on 'Bates Motel'

" Rihanna, who is a fan of the A&E drama, sent a special video message from her bedroom revealing her exciting new acting gig.

"Hello Comic-Con! It's bad girl Rih Rih and let me tell you what the bad b*tch is about to do. I'm about to check into the Bates Motel very soon," she said. "Guess what else? Guess who's playing Marion?"

"We wanted to thrust the iconic role into a contemporary spotlight and redefine it in a meaningful and exciting new way. We also heard Rihanna was a fan of the show, and we were huge fans of hers, so it was the perfect collision of creativity and fate," said executive producers Carlton Cuse and Kerry Ehrin in a statement. "

link to etonline.com

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, March 20, 2017 - 8:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
When Rihanna drove up to Bates Motel, was that the very end of this episode? My recording cut off right then, even before I could see credits and previews.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Tuesday, March 21, 2017 - 10:14 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
Yes it was, Naja.

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, March 21, 2017 - 1:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, March 27, 2017 - 11:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
That was fun tonight how they changed up the story from the original Psycho movie. They knew what we were expecting and tricked us! :-)

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Tuesday, March 28, 2017 - 9:24 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
They definitely flipped the script!

Lazylu

04-09-2010

Tuesday, March 28, 2017 - 2:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lazylu a private message Print Post    
I have never watched this show just seen the previews, but I have wondered did he kill his mother or is she still alive?

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, March 28, 2017 - 2:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Last season Norman killed his mother, so this season she only lives in his head.

Lazylu

04-09-2010

Tuesday, March 28, 2017 - 6:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lazylu a private message Print Post    
Thank you.

Windowbox

05-10-2011

Tuesday, April 04, 2017 - 5:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Windowbox a private message Print Post    
Did anyone else watch Bates Motel last night? Wow! Amazing acting by Freddie and Vera. I've been watching since episode one and it was by far my favorite episode of the entire series!

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Wednesday, April 05, 2017 - 10:12 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
Also I think anyway, the best scenes for Max (Dylan). The look on his face when he realized what was going on with Norman, broke my heart. All I kept saying was please don't let him do anything to Dylan.

Windowbox

05-10-2011

Wednesday, April 05, 2017 - 10:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Windowbox a private message Print Post    
I agree, Mamie! Max hit it out of the park! I was worried when Norma said she could only mother one son. So glad Norman got the strength to stop her. Couldn't believe he confessed to Sam's murder! And to learn about the psychiatrist is missing and presumed dead. Mind blown!

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Thursday, April 06, 2017 - 9:10 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
I know! When they said the doctor had been missing, I was shocked. It is fascinating how they have Norman fighting the Norma part of him. And now Alex is there. What is going to happen with that?