TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through April 23, 2017

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Feud: Bette Davis and Joan Crawford: Archive through April 23, 2017 users admin

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, April 16, 2017 - 8:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
hahahaha....Dominic Burgess‏Verified account @dominicburgess 3m3 minutes ago
More
A HOSPITAL GOWN BY DIOR!!! #FeudFx

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, April 16, 2017 - 8:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
I love Mamacita....G-M Whirling ✊🏽‏ @TheWhirlingGene 3m3 minutes ago
More
I tell you now this: I love me some @SusanSarandon and #JessicaLange and I'm #TeamBette but Mamacita gives me life! @JackieHoffman16 #FeudFX

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, April 16, 2017 - 10:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Is this the week where we find out how Joan was replaced with Olivia?

Naja

06-28-2003

Sunday, April 16, 2017 - 10:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Yes.

eta: and next week is the finale.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, April 16, 2017 - 10:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
So they have a celebrity wing at Cedar Sinai that you can just check into like a hotel? I wonder if they still have that feature...I know they have special wings to protect the celebs but I didn't think they could just check in.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, April 16, 2017 - 11:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Wow, they did it and Mamacita actually left her in the hospital.!

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, April 16, 2017 - 11:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
LOL, this cracked me up as well....Dominic Burgess‏Verified account @dominicburgess 2m2 minutes ago
More
"Help! I'm trapped in a small private elevator!" #FeudFx

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Monday, April 17, 2017 - 2:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I loved that Mamacita had the courage to get up and walk out when Joan threw that vase at her. You can't just throw things at people and expect them to stick around.

It was atrocious that everyone left and went back to town, leaving Joan napping in her trailer. That was awful. I would have been pissed too!

All I know about Joan Crawford comes from Mommy Dearest, too (I read the book also). I never thought she was beautiful. All I could see were those giant eyebrows. Different standard of beauty in every era, I guess.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Monday, April 17, 2017 - 4:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
The promo for next week's season finale showed the "Trog" cavemen character (from Joan's final movie, "Trog") and we hear Joan ask, "What is that?" and the reply was "That's your new co-star, Joan".

Here's a photo I found online of the Trog actor (in costume) taking a break on the set with Joan and a young girl...they're all drinking Pepsi!

Drink The Pepsi, Trog!

trog

http://www.papermag.com/drink-the-pepsi-trog-1425294994.html

--------

Here's the official trailer of "Trog":

Trog (1970) Official Trailer - Joan Crawford, Michael Gough Monster Horror Movie HD

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SfM_VDRWOhQ

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Monday, April 17, 2017 - 4:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Of course they're drinking Pepsi! I thought it was kind a funny (and a dig at Joan) that Bette, Bob and Olivia were all drinking Coca Cola on the set of Hush, Hush Sweet Charlotte!

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Monday, April 17, 2017 - 9:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
gee I remember a lot from the communists about her when I was young, but not everyone had access to so many papers, One day I counted them, we got 3 new York papers every day, 2 Newark papers and 2 Elizabeth papers every day, then there were the weekly papers and the monthly papers and lots of magazine subscriptions, we were a big time reading family, there was not a lot on TV then, lots and lots of sexy scandals that were not spelled out, exactly. So between old movies on TV and scandal sheets, I took it that Joan was one definitely familiar with the casting couch.

Marameko

07-14-2002

Tuesday, April 18, 2017 - 4:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marameko a private message Print Post    
I agree Babyjax I never, ever thought Joan was pretty, to me she was a "handsome woman". Both she and Betty were however wonderful actors. And heck yea, the Coca Cola was a definite jab to Crawford.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Tuesday, April 18, 2017 - 12:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
some how the word columnists got changed to communists - that is an autocorrect error. sorry.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Tuesday, April 18, 2017 - 2:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I was wondering about that, Sadiesmom! All I could think was Hedda Hopper saying she exposed all the Communists she could during the 50s to get them out of the business (what an awful woman!).

Marameko

07-14-2002

Wednesday, April 19, 2017 - 3:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marameko a private message Print Post    
I think Hedda was the Mother of "Paul Drake" from Perry Mason...........Just a little early AM trivia on a Wed.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Wednesday, April 19, 2017 - 5:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
I remember Hedda Hopper on I Love Lucy.
I was reading she Spoke out against Hollywood and communism and at one time I think Lucy and Ricky were purported to be communist so I'm surprised she was on their show.

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Wednesday, April 19, 2017 - 8:17 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
I don't seem to be able to watch the last 2 episodes. I can't take so much meanness. I'll hold onto them for awhile in case I change my mind.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Wednesday, April 19, 2017 - 10:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Yes, I'm trying to decide which woman was more despicable. I'm thinking it's Betty, bc Joan had a bad childhood. Much of Joan's transgressions were from the way she was raised and insecurities, much of Bettes transgressions were from meanness.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Wednesday, April 19, 2017 - 3:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Betty seems more well-adjusted and capable while Joan comes across pathetic and annoying to me.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Wednesday, April 19, 2017 - 6:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
I feel more sorry for Joan...as she has been portrayed on this series.

The each had their positives and their negatives

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Wednesday, April 19, 2017 - 8:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
I agree with that both were very talented and both were very devious and manipulative peticularly against each other.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Wednesday, April 19, 2017 - 9:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
I don't think you can judge people from a different time and place the same as you judge people today.
What is od dis they both seemed to have the same relationship with men, , well Joan was a bit more needy, but alcohol had a lot to do with them.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Friday, April 21, 2017 - 12:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I thought it was sad when Bette was talking about having been judged for her looks when she was younger. To hear someone say, "I wish she looked more like Joan Crawford," was so hurtful! I think she had more talent than Joan, but Joan was known for being more beautiful in her younger days.

And I thought Bette tried to get off to a good start with Joan at the beginning of the picture (HHSC), but then Bette said something Joan took as a dig at her, and they were off to the races.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, April 23, 2017 - 8:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Finale tonight!

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, April 23, 2017 - 8:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
The tweets tonight are fantastic.

Dominic Burgess‏Verified account @dominicburgess 1h1 hour ago
More
"I never thought I'd live to hear you breathe a kindness about Joan Crawford" #feudfx

Erica‏ @ExorcisingErica 1h1 hour ago
More
"She even said she'd want Faye Dunaway to play her in a picture." Ohhh the irony. @FeudFX

Tiffany Bartok‏ @tiffanybartok 1h1 hour ago
More
Someone please tell me where the support group is to grieve the end of #FEUD ?! @17days do you know? #FeudFX @FeudFX #GreatTV #Emmys4All

FEUD: Bette and Joan‏Verified account @FeudFX 1h1 hour ago
More
Well Hedda and Jack, so much for that apology. #FeudFX

FEUD: Bette and Joan‏Verified account @FeudFX 1h1 hour ago
More
After everything they’ve been through, they’re finally beginning to understand each other. #FeudFX

Britt 💕#StillWithHer‏ @brittreneehall 1h1 hour ago
More
I'm not sobbing. I just spilled a bottle of Visine on my face #FeudFX