TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through April 13, 2017

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Random Discussions: ARCHIVES: Archive through April 13, 2017 users admin

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Monday, March 27, 2017 - 8:19 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Without spoiling, what is "Big Little Lies" about?

Uncle_ricky

07-02-2007

Monday, March 27, 2017 - 11:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Uncle_ricky a private message Print Post    
It's primarily about the complicated relationships of two married couples (Reese Witherspoon & Adam Scott and Nicole Kidman & Alexander Skarsgard) - the way we get to know them is via the elementary school their children attend (the school itself gives us plenty of drama on its own). Added to all of this is a murder mystery -- on Sunday's final episode we will find out not only who the killer is but ALSO who it was the killer killed!

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Monday, March 27, 2017 - 12:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
I've been watching Big Little Lies and I have a theory. I'll put it in a spoiler box even though it's just my theory because it looks like some folks haven't started watching it yet...

Spoiler
Click below to view spoiler
I think the rapist who identified himself as "Saxon" is actually Perry (Skarsgar's character). The photo of "Saxon" looks eerily similar to Perry (and Jane was drunk during their encounter). Saxon even resembled Perry from the back as he was walking into his office ahead of Jane...enough to trigger a flashback for Jane. Also, it seems like they were trying to make the real Saxon appear to be gay by attributing gay stereotypes to him....making him an interior designer and his holding his pinky out when he poured the water.

Perry prefers aggressive, violent sex and he's traveling all the time, so he's often out of town. He treats his wife violently and his rage is always the precursor to having sex with her. He likes to violently rip her clothes off of her.

When Jane was raped, she was drunk...so her her memory may have been compromised. When she first saw the photo of Saxon and was asked if that was her rapist, she said, "I think so", operative word, to me, being "think". She was not positive.

I don't think Jane has ever met Perry during the series thus far. That's quite possible since he's often out of town.

There are a lot of clues pointing to Perry being the real rapist...but it's possible that it was all an intentional misdirection. It could be that Jane will come to believe that Perry is the rapist and act on it. It could be that Perry is the victim of the mysterious murder whether he's the real rapist or not. However, it could be that the real Saxon (the interior decorator) is the murder victim...if Jane has completely convinced herself he was the rapist.

I haven't even seen last night's episode yet! I guess it possible that my theory could be totally proven or totally debunked after I watch it. Anyhow, with just 2 eps to go (including last night's) I'm looking forward to seeing how it plays out. This show has been great, but I wasn't sure I'd continue after the premiere episode..it took another episode or two to pull me in but I got hooked and pulled in really deep!

Uncle_ricky

07-02-2007

Monday, March 27, 2017 - 1:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Uncle_ricky a private message Print Post    
Excellent theory! I won't be surprised if you end up being right! When you DO watch last night's episode, pay very close attention to the Celeste/Perry physical intimacy scene in their kitchen - there was a semi-closeup of something that's not usually ever seen, not even on HBO! (If you blink you'll miss it.)

Tvwatcher

04-16-2004

Monday, March 27, 2017 - 1:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tvwatcher a private message Print Post    
I was beginning to think I'd imagined that since I saw no reactions in any of the forums I read!

yowza!

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Monday, March 27, 2017 - 2:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
Well I read the book so I know who it is but you won't pry it out of me.

Oh and Uncle Ricky, I saw it. I wasn't sure at first but I reversed it and sure enough....

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, March 27, 2017 - 11:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Oh how I want to click on your theory above SFJ about Big Little Lies, but I am controlling myself. I'm going to stay in my own head for this one.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Tuesday, March 28, 2017 - 1:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
Naja, click on it after you watch next week's episode and see how wrong I was! :-)

I often have theories about different shows but they're often very, very wrong.

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, March 29, 2017 - 4:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Just a heads up for anybody with Comcast/Xfinity.

April 3-9 is watchathon week again. That means all the shows from every premium channel are free to binge watch in on-demand for one week, even if you don't subscribe to that channel.

Naja

06-28-2003

Friday, March 31, 2017 - 9:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I found something I wanted to show to Dexter and True Blood fans.

Remember when Dexter's gardening girlfriend gave Dexter an orchid with blood spatter patterns on it's petals? I found a rose with a blood spatter pattern, too! But it's named after a different show.

"True Blood White Rose"

http://www.ebay.com/itm/TRUE-BLOOD-WHITE-Rose-Bush-Seeds-Rare-Exotic-Beautiful-20-pc-USA-SELLER-/282390751296?hash=item41bfcce840:g:eY8AAOSwol5YwwmN

Naja

06-28-2003

Sunday, April 02, 2017 - 10:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
SFJ, You were right for part of it! :-)

eta: concerning "Big Little Lies".

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Sunday, April 02, 2017 - 10:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
Yeah, I got that one part right....but the way it played out had me second guessing myself for the whole episode! Every time I thought the plot was veering left, it took a quick right. This was some great storytelling...right to the very surprising last few minutes.

Uncle_ricky

07-02-2007

Sunday, April 02, 2017 - 11:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Uncle_ricky a private message Print Post    
Very, very satisfying finale to "Big Little Lies" - I will miss it, especially Reese Witherspoon's character - such a crackup in practically every scene she had. And that Alexander Skarsgard...well...if I ever see him walking towards me on the street, I will cross it instantly. So, so creepy! Did I mention how satisfying that finale was? Too bad they all can't be as scrumptious as that one was.

Kappy

06-28-2002

Monday, April 03, 2017 - 7:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
I loved the book Big Little Lies which made me an instant fan of the author Liane Moriarty. I've put off watching the tv version until next month so it's good to hear everyone enjoyed it.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Monday, April 03, 2017 - 12:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
Kappy, I read it and was very happy with the tv adaptation. There are a few differences, especially with Madeline, Reese's character, but the acting was great. Emmy for Nicole for sure.

Sugar

08-15-2000

Monday, April 03, 2017 - 8:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
I read that TLC is bringing back Trading Spaces. No mention of casting. I wouldn't mind seeing Paige, Frank, Vern and Edward again. I hope they have a bigger budget, maybe $2500.00 vs $1000.00.

Lazylu

04-09-2010

Saturday, April 08, 2017 - 9:31 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lazylu a private message Print Post    
Anyone watch "You the Jury" last night? That's an hour I will never get back, horrible show and Judge Jeannie (I had never watched her other show) has a horrible voice and crazy eyes. It was all pretty phony.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Saturday, April 08, 2017 - 10:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I recorded it.

Doesn't sound promising.

Lazylu

04-09-2010

Saturday, April 08, 2017 - 11:00 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lazylu a private message Print Post    
Give it a try, you might like it. :-)

Naja

06-28-2003

Sunday, April 09, 2017 - 3:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Is that new show about the Casey Anthony case that stars tonight on ID channel a documentary or a drama?

Naja

06-28-2003

Sunday, April 09, 2017 - 3:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Never mind. I found a preview on E! and it's just a documentary. I was hoping it was drama like the OJ miniseries.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Sunday, April 09, 2017 - 5:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I thought the reality was pretty dramatic..

Naja

06-28-2003

Sunday, April 09, 2017 - 5:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
You know what I meant.

Gurliegirl

06-20-2006

Wednesday, April 12, 2017 - 9:11 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gurliegirl a private message Print Post    
I've been watching it. It's still interesting, but really if you lived through it, this is just a rehashing of everything we already know. There's no surprises. Just telling the story all over in case we forgot.

The only thing that is surprising me is the fact that I can't figure out if Cindy Anthony likes her daughter or doesn't like her daughter.

Lazylu

04-09-2010

Thursday, April 13, 2017 - 9:38 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lazylu a private message Print Post    
Jimmer, did you ever watch You the Jury? The reason I ask is there are people on FB that liked the show, so maybe I am just odd.