TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through April 10, 2017

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Feud: Bette Davis and Joan Crawford: Archive through April 10, 2017 users admin

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Friday, March 31, 2017 - 10:06 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
It's my understanding that Jack Warner was a horse's arse in real life, too. Those studio guys thought they owned everyone.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, April 02, 2017 - 3:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Variety‏Verified account @Variety · 2h2 hours ago
Ryan Murphy (@MrRPMurphy) talks about bringing the 35th Academy Awards back to life on tonight's #FeudFX http://bit.ly/2nreY1A

Naja

06-28-2003

Sunday, April 02, 2017 - 3:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Yesterday I watched Joan in "Possessed". I really liked that one.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Sunday, April 02, 2017 - 5:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
I didn't realize what a horses arse Frank Sinatra was, geez, what a jerk!

Legalboxer

11-17-2003

Sunday, April 02, 2017 - 6:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Legalboxer a private message Print Post    
I was Sooooo happy when I read long ago that Sinatra walked off the set of Carousel. Couldn't have imagined him doing that role. He was really that bad of a diva.

Panda

07-15-2005

Monday, April 03, 2017 - 7:38 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Panda a private message Print Post    
Oooh the Oscars episode!

Joan with the silver in her hair! She really was ballsy! lol

I found the video of her accepting, and great job recreating it. The music and all!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eqjO39TX5RY

Cass_cat

05-09-2011

Monday, April 03, 2017 - 11:12 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cass_cat a private message Print Post    
I'm enjoying the series... however pitting woman against woman really makes me sad. They were really nothing but pawns in everyone else's agenda. Sad.

Catherine Zeta Jones is beautiful in this... I really enjoy her and Kathy Bates' commentary they do throughout.

Sugar

08-15-2000

Monday, April 03, 2017 - 3:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
Me too Cass_cat, I enjoy their commentary.

Love me some Pauline and Mamacita. I want to go to lunch with them.

Looking forward to watching last nights episode in the next couple days.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Monday, April 03, 2017 - 5:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
I wondered if they were setting up the next feud with CatherineZeta's character talking about her and her sister

Pamy

01-01-2002

Monday, April 03, 2017 - 5:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Panda, what a cool find, ty for sharing!

Cass_cat

05-09-2011

Monday, April 03, 2017 - 6:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cass_cat a private message Print Post    
Agreed! That part of last night's show was spot on to the video clip... right down to her jewelry!! Amazing attention to detail is being given on this show!!

Panda

07-15-2005

Monday, April 03, 2017 - 7:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Panda a private message Print Post    
You're welcome, I was actually Googling for a picture of the winners and then I found the video and thought that was the better find!!

I watched it like 5 times...lol

Marameko

07-14-2002

Tuesday, April 04, 2017 - 5:31 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marameko a private message Print Post    
In one scene with a couple of weeks ago, "Hedda Hopper" was carrying a wooden Collier purse.Years ago they were sold in a very nice dress shop in my home town. They are now little works of art, Mom has 3 which I selected over a period of three years.I must have thought they were for old ladies as I did not buy even one for myself. At the time I thought they were expensive yet I am sure none cost more that $40.00. Now they are valuable

Snoopsmom

02-19-2003

Wednesday, April 05, 2017 - 3:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Snoopsmom a private message Print Post    
While settling in to watch the most recent episode I came across and MSN website slide show with 20 of Bette Davis' best quotes. Many were good and there were a few not so nice ones directed at Joan Crawford, but this one had me chuckling at it's horribleness.

On the death of Joan Crawford:
"You should never say bad things about the dead, you should only say good .... Joan Crawford is dead. Good."

Sugar

08-15-2000

Wednesday, April 05, 2017 - 5:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
I should probably be ashamed of myself for laughing at that quote.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, April 05, 2017 - 5:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
hahahaha, I laughed too Sugar.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, April 05, 2017 - 5:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Well crap, my VCR changed the time (it doesn't seem to know when DST starts now) and I didn't get the show....so annoyed, have to see if it is online.

And I was really looking forward to this one, I had heard that the costumes, makeup etc, re-doing the Oscars was fabulous.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Wednesday, April 05, 2017 - 6:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Snoops, OMG LMAO!

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Wednesday, April 05, 2017 - 11:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
Dipo, according to the scheduling on my TIVO, episode 5 will re-air on Monday, April 10, at 12:08 am.

It follows the second airing of Sunday's new episode, ep 6 ("Hagsploitation"):

Sun 4/9 at 10:00 PM - ep 6 "Hagsploitation"
Sun 4/9 at 11:04 PM - ep 6 "Hagsploitation" (again)
Mon 4/10 at 12:08 AM - ep 5 "And the Winner is..."

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, April 06, 2017 - 12:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Oh cool, thanks. I caught a documentary on Bette on the decades channel last night, it was amazing.

Sugar

08-15-2000

Friday, April 07, 2017 - 12:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
Despite my annoyance of these actresses consistently and accurately getting the speech patterns of Davis & Crawford down pat, I must say I have been enjoying this mini-series. I think I will miss it when it is over. Is there just 1 more episode?

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Friday, April 07, 2017 - 12:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
Tonight I saw Jessica Lange on Colbert and it struck me, she is not doing a character, it is jsut her talking. so Strange, She used to be softer, but aging seems to make her appear harder. I mean the make up in real life is much younger looking, but the voice, is the same and it threw me, so I can now believe she did no studying.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, April 09, 2017 - 6:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Ok, I am all set for tonights show, I will tape it after I tape the one I missed, starting at 12:08am tonight and then tonight show is after it at 2.19am.

I have an alarm set for the first one! I want to watch them in order.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, April 10, 2017 - 4:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Was that silver hair thing that Joan did considered a cool thing? I would have thought it made her appear older than she was by simulating gray hair.

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, April 10, 2017 - 4:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Dipo, she said one of her friends said silver looks richer than gold (or something like that). It was an idea she got from her friend.

I can't wait to see how Olivia de Havilland ends up with Joan's role in "Hush Hush Sweet Charlotte". I had no idea Joan had the part originally. This show is so darn interesting.

Also, as mean as Joan seemed, she sure had a shitty brother.