TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through March 17, 2017

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Scandal: Archive through March 17, 2017 users admin

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Friday, April 22, 2016 - 6:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Olivia is painful to watch at this point. What keeps me watching is I still find the other characters entertaining. But this last show that almost totally focussed on Olivia was too much. How many times can they go round and round.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Saturday, April 23, 2016 - 12:45 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
This was the most boring episode of the series to date.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Saturday, April 23, 2016 - 6:29 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I agree. It was like they wanted to give the cast a one week vacation. Sorry to sound harsh but I've found this show to be fun in the past (in a warped way) so I hope they get back to showing more of the other characters.

Any speculation on who will become President?

Mizinvanccouver

02-21-2003

Saturday, May 14, 2016 - 8:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mizinvanccouver a private message Print Post    
So I'm watching Frankie & Grace and who do I see?!!! Papa Pope! LOL And he was playing a 'nice guy' role! LOL It was totally weird, I was waiting for him to get mean. lol

Texannie

07-15-2001

Saturday, May 14, 2016 - 2:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
I want them to get back to being the good guys and get rid of papa

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Saturday, May 14, 2016 - 8:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
At the end of this episode, Papa Pope watched the news and thought about all the arguments and the verbal fights he had with his daughter and he looked angry....until he said "That's my girl". That's when it suddenly dawned on me that Olivia did NOT win at all. I think Papa Pope orchestrated the entire thing! Olivia taking Jake away from Papa Pope and thinking she won by confronting him head on and "becoming Command" was exactly what her father wanted her to do!

All the talk about him "being up to something" with his plans to make Jake the next VP was wrong. What he was really "up to" was a much longer game...to manipulate Olivia over the past several seasons into reaching a point where she would wind up doing exactly what Rowan wanted her to do all along...."become Command" without realizing it she was manipulated into it. He made her think it was her idea.

Maybe next season it will be about her realizing that she has indeed become her father's daughter.

Or maybe this is just my own wishful thinking. I must admit, this is an awful lot of speculative subtext to garner from Rowan simply saying "that's my girl". :-)

Saggkl

07-16-2002

Saturday, May 14, 2016 - 11:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Saggkl a private message Print Post    
LOL Sanfran. But it sounds pretty good.

Texannie

07-15-2001

Sunday, May 15, 2016 - 8:02 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
I thought Olivia realized the same thing in all of the flashbacks.
As she walked out of the room with Jake she was walking quickly and with confidence. As the flashbacks continued, she seemed to slow down and falter.

I want the gladiators back!

Scooterrific

07-08-2005

Friday, January 27, 2017 - 11:14 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scooterrific a private message Print Post    
Is no one watching?

Smokey

07-07-2003

Friday, January 27, 2017 - 12:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Smokey a private message Print Post    
Me me me! I still enjoy this. It's so far fetched in many ways, but I don't mind. Cylus, Silas (not certain on spelling) is so evil.

Smokey

07-07-2003

Friday, January 27, 2017 - 12:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Smokey a private message Print Post    
Cyrus? LOL My brain isn't working.

Scooterrific

07-08-2005

Friday, January 27, 2017 - 1:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scooterrific a private message Print Post    
Cyrus? I have it dvr'd and yes it is farfetched but I enjoy it as well :-)

Saggkl

07-16-2002

Friday, January 27, 2017 - 5:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Saggkl a private message Print Post    
Me to.

Texannie

07-15-2001

Friday, January 27, 2017 - 5:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
I totally believe Cyrus had him killed.

Smokey

07-07-2003

Friday, January 27, 2017 - 11:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Smokey a private message Print Post    
I do too, Texannie.

Marameko

07-14-2002

Friday, February 10, 2017 - 6:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marameko a private message Print Post    
Fell asleep last night but I look forward to watching the latest episode. Looks like Cyrus i s having in "bigly trouble".

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Friday, February 10, 2017 - 11:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I actually felt a tiny bit sorry for Cyrus in this last episode and that isn't easy. Of course, every single character in this series is so awful, I tend to rank them by who annoys me the least, with Olivia being the most annoying. I enjoy the show despite how ridiculous the plot is (California a swing state?) though I always feel like I should take a shower after watching it.

Mizinvanccouver

02-21-2003

Saturday, February 18, 2017 - 6:15 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mizinvanccouver a private message Print Post    
Ok, I haven't had much to say in a while but wow...last nights episode!!!

Lets start with Cyrus....how clever and crude was he with manipulating the guard as well as the serial killer!! If it was not Tom who murdered Frankie, then who?!!

I was surprised the President was in bed with the FBI woman but at the same time not; he definitely has a 'type' he likes doesn't he?!!

Who is the woman Huck is interested in? I don't remember her.

Tvwatcher

04-16-2004

Saturday, February 18, 2017 - 11:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tvwatcher a private message Print Post    
Olivia's father and Jake have been mysteriously absent lately - I bet they had something to do with Frankie's murder

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Saturday, February 18, 2017 - 12:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
Yes, it usually comes down to Daddy Pope and his personal assassin/soldier, Jake....who, btw, was the killer who actually murdered James Novak, Cyrus's first husband.

Mizinvanccouver

02-21-2003

Sunday, February 19, 2017 - 7:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mizinvanccouver a private message Print Post    
Oh yes, you are right, we haven't seen daddy Pope and Jake!

So am I supposed to remember the woman Huck is courting?

Tvwatcher

04-16-2004

Sunday, February 19, 2017 - 8:09 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tvwatcher a private message Print Post    
I think she knew the woman that was killed in the cabin? the one that left that voicemail saying that Cyrus killed Frankie?

Mizinvanccouver

02-21-2003

Sunday, February 19, 2017 - 9:25 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mizinvanccouver a private message Print Post    
Ok, thanks TVwatcher. I don't know, something doesn't sit right with me with her.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Tuesday, February 21, 2017 - 5:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Cyrus sure had a rough time that episode. As I said before, he's done some awful things but then they have all done awful things. I'm glad it turned out that he didn't order Larsen to kill Vargas. I wonder how he'll react when he gets out. Will he be vindictive or move on?

One of the many less realistic aspects of this show is the characters' willingness to forgive and move on when other characters have seriously harmed them.

So who killed Vargas? Olivia's father and Jake seem the obvious suspects but I wonder about Abby's involvement? She was the only one to want to give Cyrus a chance.

Starr

07-09-2005

Friday, March 17, 2017 - 8:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Starr a private message Print Post    
I just caught up on the show today. Really different to see Papa Pope answer to someone else! I thought it was a bad move, obviously, to take out the woman from his past. You'd think he would've realized long ago that he *does* have a weakness - Olivia! He's usually 3 steps ahead, this was disconcerting.