TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through March 31, 2017

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Feud: Bette Davis and Joan Crawford: Archive through March 31, 2017 users admin

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Monday, March 27, 2017 - 3:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Thank you for that clip, Uncle_Ricky! That was a treat!

I have to say, I recorded Whatever Happened to Baby Jane, and I only lasted about 10 minutes. Couldn't get through it. I did see BD, and yes, she was awful! As soon as I saw that bird, I knew what was going to happen to him and I couldn't watch anymore. Ugh.

I looked up on Imdb.com how old Davis and Crawford were when they made this movie. They were only 54 and 56, respectively. Wow. Women looked a lot older in those days. Plus they have a couple of actresses in their 70s playing them on TV! (Actually Jessica is only 67, and Susan is 70.)

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, March 27, 2017 - 5:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Well shoot, I thought I taped the show last night and I don't seem to have it! Off to see if it is online.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Monday, March 27, 2017 - 6:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Scout I keep seeing Rosario,Karen's maid on Will and Grace when I see Mamacita. Was their a real mamacita in Joan's life?

I can't believe Sarandon is 70.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, March 27, 2017 - 6:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
I just love Mamacita.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Monday, March 27, 2017 - 7:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
Okay, I just finished last night's episode and I was really surprised at one bit of casting. I thought the guy that played Sinatra kind of looked like Frank in the eyes....but then it hit me that he reminded me of the lanky bald guy who played John Bosworth on "Halt and Catch Fire" and who also played Will's new partner, Bob, on "Colony" (the partner that Will stabbed in the stomach with a broken bottle.)

I thought I had to be wrong but I looked it up and it was him! I never would've thought that actor would be chosen to play Frank Sinatra but he was and it kind of worked. He did look a bit too old for Sinatra at that time....but he really does have Frank's eyes.

Toby Huss
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0403947/?ref_=ttfc_fc_cl_t5

Huss on Halt and Catch Fire:
huss 1a
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0403947/mediaviewer/rm20122880

Huss on Colony:
huss2
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0403947/mediaviewer/rm2673359872

------

This was yet nother great episode....only 4 more and it's over (only 8 eps for this season)

Jessica Lange seems to resemble Joan more in each subsequent episode!

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Monday, March 27, 2017 - 7:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
I found a clip of Bette Davis saying the line that was always one of my favorites. I always remembered the line but couldn't remember the movie's title, but I found it on youtube. I still don't remember anything else about the movie...

One of Miss Davis' best lines. From Cabin in the cotton

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ndSEWPQlYjU

Marameko

07-14-2002

Tuesday, March 28, 2017 - 4:12 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marameko a private message Print Post    
Thanks Sanfran............there are great clips on that site.

Legalboxer

11-17-2003

Tuesday, March 28, 2017 - 4:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Legalboxer a private message Print Post    
Bette was great in her role as Apple Annie in Pocketful of Miracles - which came out right before Baby Jane. She also was good in The Girl from 10th avenue and Mr. Skeffington (who doesn't love Claude Raines) - movies that dont get the same notoriety but are played on TCM. and if you want an all-star cast in a surprised western, The Petrified Forest from 1936 has Better, Bogart, and Leslie Howard! its on TCM too but not as frequent. (well not really a western but it takes place in a diner in Arizona during the depression era)

Sugar

08-15-2000

Tuesday, March 28, 2017 - 1:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
Pocketful of Miracles is one of those movies I will watch anytime I find it when channel surfing.

I disagree Babyjaxmom, I think Bette would be quite annoyed that sarandon didn't get her voice down correctly. Bette was very talented and from what I've read and heard from her on talk shows she could not abide sloppy work. The right actress could do so without being a caricature. I have had fun thinking about what my college acting teachers would have had to say about that.
That being said, sarandon is growing on me and I don't dislike her performance as much as I did at the beginning. I think she captures an "essence" of Bette.

I agree that Bette would be happy people remembered her all these years later. I think Joan would expect it, lol.

Sugar

08-15-2000

Tuesday, March 28, 2017 - 2:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
Supposedly, there is a French & Saunders parody, Whatever Happened to Baby Dawn, but I can't find it anywhere. Has anyone seen this and/or know where to find it? I suspect it would be most amusing and would like to see it should it exist.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Tuesday, March 28, 2017 - 2:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
Sugar, here is a 10 minute version. I don't know if it's the entire thing or just a clip, though.

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2ndp6c_french-saunders-what-ever-happened-to-baby-dawn_fun

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Tuesday, March 28, 2017 - 2:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
It's also on Funny or Die:

http://www.funnyordie.com/videos/ede8e6514b/whatever-happened-to-baby-dawn-by-french-saunders-from-greatest-comedy-sketches

Sugar

08-15-2000

Tuesday, March 28, 2017 - 5:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
Thank you! I will check those out when I can get to the computer as my tablet is old, sad and doesn't work well. The clip I found on YouTube was removed due to copyright infringement.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, March 28, 2017 - 8:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
hahahahaha....Robert Keller‏ @TheRobertKeller · 4h4 hours ago
Surprisingly, the second most popular name for a baby girl in America (after "Emma") is now "Mamacita". @FeudFX @JackieHoffman16

Cass_cat

05-09-2011

Wednesday, March 29, 2017 - 9:49 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cass_cat a private message Print Post    
I finally watched Episode 2 and started 3... I am really enjoying the show but sadden how mean women can be to each other. It's sad and infuriating to see how they were manipulated by those in power positions.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Wednesday, March 29, 2017 - 1:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
There was a movie in the 70-s Burnt Offerings and Bette was in it. That movie scared the shit out of me and my friends! were 14. the chauffer in that movie was creeeepppy!!!

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, March 29, 2017 - 2:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Pamy, that movie scared the heck out of me when I was kid. But I am pretty sure Bette wasn't in it.

I went to look who could have reminded you of Bette and I think it's Eileen Heckart. (I always remember her most as the the distraught mother of the murdered boy in "The Bad Seed")

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, March 29, 2017 - 2:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Well, I was wrong. I see Bette is in the movie. Sorry, Pamy!

Sugar

08-15-2000

Wednesday, March 29, 2017 - 3:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
Dead Ringer is on TMC right now. Bette Davis plays twins, one twin kills the other to take over her life. I remember seeing this when I was young and I couldn't believe anyone would kill their sister.

Panda

07-15-2005

Wednesday, March 29, 2017 - 8:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Panda a private message Print Post    
That sounds like a good one!

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Thursday, March 30, 2017 - 8:39 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Ive got it recorded. I think The Women is showing this week too. It's got Joan Crawford in it. I liked the movie and I think it was remade with Meg Ryan but wasn't good.

Snoopsmom

02-19-2003

Thursday, March 30, 2017 - 9:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Snoopsmom a private message Print Post    
My favorite Bette Davis movie is The Nanny. Scared the crap out of me when I saw it as a kid.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Thursday, March 30, 2017 - 10:19 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I went to look who could have reminded you of Bette and I think it's Eileen Heckart. (I always remember her most as the the distraught mother of the murdered boy in "The Bad Seed")

Me, too, Naja! I watched that movie with my teenage older sister on our tiny B&W TV when I was about 8. What an awful little girl! It made quite an impression on me, cause I still remember a lot of it over 50 years later.

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Friday, March 31, 2017 - 5:44 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
I checked on IMDB...Robert Aldrich went on to be a very successful 'A' movie director with lots of big hits.

Cass_cat

05-09-2011

Friday, March 31, 2017 - 10:04 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cass_cat a private message Print Post    
Good to know! I just checked his filmography and recognized many titles.

Jack Warner is a horse's arse in this series...