TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through October 09, 2016

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Walking Dead: Fear the Walking Dead TV Show Discussions: ARCHIVES: Archive through October 09, 2016 users admin

Pamy

01-01-2002

Monday, September 12, 2016 - 6:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Sanfran, you making watching shows so much fun, I love your dedication!!

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Monday, September 12, 2016 - 8:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
that true life Zombie story was repeated a few weeks ago when a teen aged boy attacked his neighbors with a machete and then attacked another person who came to help, that man fought him off. Then the boy attacked the dead man and started eating his face,. I have to look for a link, but it is not a story I dwell on. TV zombies are pretend, sadly, this boy was real.

Vickie

07-16-2004

Tuesday, September 13, 2016 - 7:08 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Vickie a private message Print Post    
So here is a story I thought to bring over. It is a good one for both shows we all enjoy :-) Thank you Tv Guide.

http://www.tvguide.com/news/fear-the-walking-dead-recap-pablo-and-jessica/

So I am two for two today in "Maintenance Mode" I keep forgetting and find stuff to bring over. My open windows are growing lol

Kitt

09-05-2000

Tuesday, September 13, 2016 - 8:11 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Good article, but I think it oversells Fear a bit and undersells TWD. We've been watching Season 4 of TWD where they were all split up and there was loads of talk (or non-talk in Daryl's case) and the season got panned for being "slow," like Season 2. This season they have catered more to those who just want action but I don't think, or rather I hope, they still know where their heart is.

By the way, a little while ago I was saying that zombie bites are like wolf bites, even though human mouths aren't that strong... I forgot what Rick did to Joe that time! He had walker strength, so perhaps in this universe humans dead and alive have sharp teeth and nails!

Vickie

07-16-2004

Tuesday, September 13, 2016 - 9:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Vickie a private message Print Post    
Good one Kitt 😀 They did mention the non talk as compared to the constant other talk. I love both shows for what they are. Most fans are that way. These people are just different than our TWD folks. There were times I could of done without Rick which I wrote of. Then I just don't know where I would be without him as well. Glad Laurie is gone she was too much trouble for the group.

All of us have different opinions on Chris in FWD. I love that we do so we can get all the info about this guy. I like that we get the seasons through out the year so I get my fix on this world they are in. This last episode was wonderful and once again too short!!

Vickie

07-16-2004

Tuesday, September 20, 2016 - 7:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Vickie a private message Print Post    
Well now the daughter got to see how her Mother really is with her kids. It was an eye opener for sure. Broadcasting out there for the world to see "Here we are". The ending was interesting...

Vickie

07-16-2004

Tuesday, September 20, 2016 - 7:17 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Vickie a private message Print Post    
Oh I should add my husband cracked up over the ratty haired gringo description lol. Mom just knew it was her boy. Like everyone is so neat and clean and well brushed during the zombie apocalypse.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Tuesday, September 20, 2016 - 10:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I'm so annoyed at Madison, not for wanting Nick back (although I understand (too well!) Alicia feeling put out by it), but by the recklessness of putting on the hotel lights and attracting every Tom, Dick and Harry to the place they've just made safe. So stupid.

Is Chris dead? I don't know that Travis would leave him if he wasn't, even if he can't fix him. Unless Chris just left him behind.

I think, if alive, Chris and those frat boys will meet Ofelia on their journey back to the US.

Jasper

09-14-2000

Wednesday, September 21, 2016 - 1:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
Ditto, I was so pissed at her! Who does that?

I got the impression Travis wasn't too far from Chris. Probably still on the farm.

Lostfan

03-10-2010

Wednesday, September 21, 2016 - 4:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lostfan a private message Print Post    
Chris was in the preview for next week

Vickie

07-16-2004

Wednesday, September 28, 2016 - 6:40 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Vickie a private message Print Post    
This last episode was so sad for Travis. Chris is so self centered and can't even see how much his Dad left for him and betrays him for people he doesn't even know. We even get to see just what Madison caused by turning the lights on. The ending was the best for this last episode. Can't wait for next week to see what they do. IMO Punks

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Wednesday, September 28, 2016 - 11:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
HE is a teen and sees parents of the past and youth of the future. The fact that he is not mature is that he saw them shoot someone who could get better and never thought about it applying to him.
Personally I agree with Nick, this family goes into safe places and destroys them and the humans in them. one after another.

Vickie

07-16-2004

Saturday, October 01, 2016 - 5:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Vickie a private message Print Post    
2 hour season finale is tomorrow (October 2, 2016) for Fear the Walking Dead.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Sunday, October 02, 2016 - 10:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
So we found out Alejandro did indeed get bitten by the drug crazed kid and not a walker. Bad Alejandro, although I guess he redeemed himself tonight.

I was so glad on Talking Dead they confirmed Strand is not gone forever, he'd be a huge loss. Really though I'd have been happy if they all left the hotel.

And I guess not seeing Daniel for the entire half season means he is dead after all. I held onto hope that we'd somehow meet him again. That's such a shame.

And bye bye Chris. Kind of glad about that.

Naja

06-28-2003

Sunday, October 02, 2016 - 11:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
RE: Chris

I don't think I have ever felt less sad about a character's death than I felt about Chris' death.

Lostfan

03-10-2010

Monday, October 03, 2016 - 6:21 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lostfan a private message Print Post    
Who's Daniel?

Rehtse

08-17-2005

Monday, October 03, 2016 - 12:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rehtse a private message Print Post    
What Naja said. I just was underwhelmed by how it went down. I would have thought a more sensational ending would have been in order. I may have to rewatching the show again because I missed so much when I fast forwarded the dialogue bits.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Monday, October 03, 2016 - 1:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Daniel is Ofelia's father... didn't we last see him at Celia's, where they were keeping the walkers in the basement?

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Monday, October 03, 2016 - 2:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
" I held onto hope that we'd somehow meet him again."

That is still possible. It was a couple of of entire seasons that we didn't see or hear from Morgan.

I can never trust that a character is dead on a WD show until I see that person dead on the screen.

Don't forget, we never saw the mother from the vineyard (forgot her name) again either. Maddie locked her in that wine cellar with her pet walkers and we never saw what happened to her. I'm sure there was a second exit somewhere...I wouldn't be surprised to find her alive and well with Daniel at some point!

I was pretty much convinced that Chris was still alive....until they actually showed his bloody end.

It was pretty shocking to see American border guards shooting humans trying t cross the border...they should realize that they're all on the same side now....the side of humanity. There are no more countries defined by arbitrary lines drawn on a map anymore.

And the helicopters and refugee camp (if that's what it is) doesn't bode well for me. When the military gets involved in a zombie apocalypse, the entertainment value always plummets. It always turns into a power struggle instead of a struggle for survival. (See season one when they were held in the fenced off neighborhood under military control...)

Kitt

09-05-2000

Monday, October 03, 2016 - 3:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I thought that we'd never know for sure if Chris was dead (because those bros' stories couldn't be trusted) but they made it pretty clear in Taking Dead that's how he was killed. I noticed they did a long shot for the death, as if it would be too traumatic for us to see it close up. Yeah, not so much.

I need these guys to meet up. I don't mind two groups but Ofelia doesn't interest me enough to be seen on her own, and although Strand interests me unless they're going to go back to the hotel at some point the rest of the hotel people don't do much for me.

Yes, I have the same feeling about a refugee camp, and that idea (soldiers vs humans) has been done several times before. Maybe it's some place they are heading to but they don't actually reach there for a season or two.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Monday, October 03, 2016 - 4:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
"I noticed they did a long shot for the death, as if it would be too traumatic for us to see it close up. Yeah, not so much. "

The camera work was a nice touch...there was a camera shot from directly above Chris as he lay dead in the road and then a similar shot of one of the guys Travis killed - a camera shot from above showing him laying dead on the floor.

I think Travis understands the "new rules" now.... I'm just not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing. I guess it depends on how much it changes him.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Monday, October 03, 2016 - 8:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
It's hard to know what is a good or bad thing though now. He will probably be safer and those around him will be safer (good thing) but he might not help or even might hurt a decent person who meant no harm (bad thing). And he will feel good about helping his family but won't be the person he was.

Jasper

09-14-2000

Monday, October 03, 2016 - 8:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
Unless maybe the border guards aren't really border guards.

I personally am not bothered about Chris's demise either.

I would chalk this up as one of the goriest episodes in TWD family. I couldn't watch parts of Travis and those beatings.

Vickie

07-16-2004

Wednesday, October 05, 2016 - 7:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Vickie a private message Print Post    
Travis totally lost it but he knew these young men and how they are and it involved his son. Even though he knew his son was lost it still was family and he only did what he could do to those boys.

The writing was on the wall Chris was going to die since he picked those guys over his father. I prefer it being Chris as the one to die as I am not hating on anyone else's character on the show.

Alejandro also did what he could only do and that was die saving the people he misled. I hope the people make it alright it didn't bode well for them when those guys started shooting at them. I don't see why Nick would think helicopters mean good people.

It would of been nice if Strand had left with them as now there will be four groups again.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Sunday, October 09, 2016 - 10:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
I have grown to hate Travis and Madison and all the places and people they destroy so much I am out of watching this show in the future, It is hard to watch a show when I completely find no redeeming qualities in the main characters, at least when you are supposed to be pulling for them. I am pulling for them to die so that humanity might have a chance to survive. They are like people who pee in the drinking water because it is too fart o walk to the toilet, and wah wah, someone should have taken care of that for them because all other characters are there just to be plot foils. I wanted the hotel guys to off that entire family. that was when I knew I no longer cared.