TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through March 26, 2017

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Random Discussions: ARCHIVES: Archive through March 26, 2017 users admin

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Monday, March 06, 2017 - 1:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
I watched "Time after Time" last night. Liked it more than I thought I would.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Monday, March 06, 2017 - 2:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Thanks Heckagirl. I have it recorded and I was hoping someone would comment on it. I enjoyed the movie that it was based on (years ago anyway).

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Monday, March 06, 2017 - 5:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Thanks Hecka... I was just about to make a post asking if anyone watched it and if it was worth saving on my DVR. I'll watch it this weekend.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, March 06, 2017 - 5:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Recorded it, watched the beginning.. Promising...

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, March 06, 2017 - 7:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
OK, everyone who knocks out or stuns or whatever, Jack the Ripper. Why don't they steal his weapon? Why don't they KEEP him stunned or incapacitated?

Crazy.

The H. G. Wells character is so likeable.. the Jack character is SO repulsive..

Interesting show. Hope to hear what others think after watching it.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, March 06, 2017 - 7:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
LOL and then tongue in cheek I think.. hmm.. just unleash the teams on Hunted and they will find him in a flash.

Heh.. "What is an Oprah?" "Nevermind".

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Monday, March 06, 2017 - 8:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
I kind of thought the same thing. Why didn't he just kill him? He knows how evil he is. But then there wouldn't be a show, hmm?

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, March 06, 2017 - 10:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Indeed!

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Monday, March 06, 2017 - 10:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
I really liked it. I don't mind that they didn't kill Jack the Ripper when they could have because if they had, this premiere would've doubled as the finale.

The characters are great and the premise allows for a plethora of story lines and options. I'm already wondering if HG's new girlfriend is the great, great, etc...grandmother of the rich woman helping HG! (I haven't learned their names yet)

So far the plot is engaging. I remember the guy that plays Jack the Ripper being "a Grayson" on Revenge, even though I stopped watching that show in the 2nd season.

The only thing that bothered me at all was the two old-timey-ers were able to embrace technology (and google) so easily.

Oh yeah, my favorite scene was when HG stepped out of the museum when he first arrived to the present. It reminded me of Marty McFly landing in the future the first time. HG was in awe of the skyscrapers, cars, the drones, the giant video screens....and even a guy on a "hoverboard". That hoverboard had to be an homage to Back to the Future!

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, March 06, 2017 - 11:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Oh I don't question why the plot is what it is.. but if some dude is slashing throats and I was able to knock him out, which is doubtful because I'm so short.. then I'd for sure not leave him with a weapon..

That really is a wicked looking blade he wields.

I have it set to record for the season.

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, March 08, 2017 - 11:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I had posted earlier in March that I was binging the old Twin Peaks and the post series movie (on Showtime) to get ready for the revival series that is coming up.

I just have to say the series was fun for the first season, and about 3 or 4 eps into the second season, but then it all turned to un-enjoyable crap, including the post series movie. I can straight up see why it cancelled. It was bad.

The weird thing is now I am more curious to see the revival. I don't know what there was to revive.

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, March 09, 2017 - 5:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Has anybody seen that new courtroom show on comedy central called The High Court?

It's like Judge Judy, except the Judge and bailiff are always high as a kite. I hurt myself laughing catching up last night in on-demand.

It's on every week night, and the episodes are only 10-15 minutes long.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, March 09, 2017 - 11:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Now, I KNOW the show must go on more than one episode.. Time After Time.

but I'm watching Colony tonight and just saying Katie Bowam knows enough to shoot and then shoot again to be SURE she takes someone out.. That's all I'm saying. I plan to continue enjoying both shows, and appreciate their differences.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Friday, March 10, 2017 - 1:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Naja, I was a big Twin Peaks fan, but you're right. Season 1 was great and then it fell apart. i'll be interested to see what they do with the new show. However I don't have showtime! So not sure how I'm going to accomplish this... LOL. If it's really good I may have to subscribe.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Wednesday, March 15, 2017 - 7:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
For those of us that are watching The Imposters, the last "minute" of last night's episode left me speechless!!! Just WOWZA!!!

Tvwatcher

04-16-2004

Friday, March 17, 2017 - 6:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tvwatcher a private message Print Post    
just finished watching it! WOW!!

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, March 19, 2017 - 11:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Did anyone catch Trial and Error, hahahahaha, funny because it is so crazy.

Naja

06-28-2003

Sunday, March 19, 2017 - 1:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
We enjoyed it, Dipo. There's no way I could miss something with John Lithgow.

Tvwatcher

04-16-2004

Sunday, March 19, 2017 - 1:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tvwatcher a private message Print Post    
I watched the first episode and I liked it - forgot to watch the second - maybe I'll do that tonight

John Lithgow is a hoot!

another show that I liked is Sneaky Pete - it's an Amazon show

Jasper

09-14-2000

Sunday, March 19, 2017 - 3:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
I thoroughly enjoyed it as well.

Legalboxer

11-17-2003

Friday, March 24, 2017 - 5:12 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Legalboxer a private message Print Post    
Shots Fired Did anyone else watch the first episode. I have no idea how long it will last but it was an immediate must see on my list. Every part of the storyline is intriguing to me, and i think the actors have that instant chemistry with the audience - at least for me. I am rooting for all of them - and want to get to know them all. And i think its a great initial plot to have on national TV at this time of real stories.

Lazylu

04-09-2010

Friday, March 24, 2017 - 3:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lazylu a private message Print Post    
I watched Shots Fired. I thought it was interesting and I'll continue to watch. I especially liked seeing Helen Hunt on tv again.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Friday, March 24, 2017 - 4:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
I wasn't expecting much from Shots Fired, but gave it a shot (pun intended). I expected yet another cops and robbers shoot 'em up show, but this first episode reminded me a lot more of American Crime than all those cookie cutter cops hows. It was really good. Interesting case.

I googled around a bit and saw it referred to as a "Ten part event drama" and a "10-episode crime drama", depending on the article. I'm hoping that means it's going to be a story that wraps up in a season.

Legalboxer

11-17-2003

Friday, March 24, 2017 - 5:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Legalboxer a private message Print Post    
Agree that it's much more like American Crime - which I love.

Uncle_ricky

07-02-2007

Sunday, March 26, 2017 - 11:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Uncle_ricky a private message Print Post    
I liked "Shots Fired" too. Sanaa Lathan is really good as the female lead.

Tvwatcher, I agree about "Sneaky Pete" - it's wonderful and definitely deserves a second season.

I can't believe no one has brought up "Big Little Lies" on HBO. It has been absolutely delightful. The bonus has been the performances by Reese Witherspoon and Nicole Kidman. There are seven episodes - the final episode airs next Sunday, April 2.

I highly recommend it - all episodes are available on HBO's On Demand. I think it's being presented in the same way they presented "Olive Kittridge" - a stand-alone limited series adapted from a best-selling novel. Give it a try, I seriously doubt you'll regret it!