TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through March 27, 2017

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Netflix Series Recommendations : ARCHIVES: Archive through March 27, 2017 users admin

Kappy

06-28-2002

Saturday, February 18, 2017 - 10:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
It's hard to believe Amy Adams was in Drop Dead Gorgeous way back when but boy has she come into her own. I've been a huge fan since American Hustle.

Right now on Netflix, I'm watching Glitch and enjoying it (about 3 episodes in). I know there was something similar on US tv a few seasons back but I never got past a few episodes.

Mizinvanccouver

02-21-2003

Saturday, February 18, 2017 - 1:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mizinvanccouver a private message Print Post    
Kappa, I enjoyed Glitch. Hope there is another season.

Kappy

06-28-2002

Saturday, February 18, 2017 - 4:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
Finished it today, Mizinvanccourver. After 4 episodes, I was thinking we were going to have a conclusion and I thought it was a good mini series, nothing more. And then the last 5 minutes happened! Yes, there has to be another season, LOL!

Abby7

07-17-2002

Saturday, February 18, 2017 - 8:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Abby7 a private message Print Post    
Rissa, ty for recommendation re the principal. We just finished first episode....on to second. Agree, very good.

Grooch

06-16-2006

Saturday, March 04, 2017 - 1:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
This isn't on Netflix, but on Acorn tv, if anyone has that Channel.

The show is called Ladies of Letters and I'm finding it quite amusing. It's a half hour comedy about 2 older women who meet at a wedding and write letters to each other. It's mostly a monolog of the woman who is writing the current letter with an occasional quick flashback as she's speaking. It's all you need.

It's very quirky and I can imagine Grace and Frankie getting inspiration from this show, though I have no idea if they did or not.

One of the women is the actress who plays the mother in Last Tango in Halifax. She's always a hoot in whatever show she is in.

Strategist

07-01-2014

Saturday, March 04, 2017 - 3:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Strategist a private message Print Post    
We're right in the middle of Season 5 of Offspring. We love it and can really relate to the funny and sad moments. We've connected so much with the family that we're afraid of ending the Season. Really, really looking forward to Season 6 and 7.

Cablejockey

12-26-2001

Sunday, March 05, 2017 - 8:15 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cablejockey a private message Print Post    
I have been enjoying Scott and Bailey http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1843678/. Its British about 2 female cops but the characters and writing make it unusual, fun and gritty to watch.

Aka

01-02-2007

Monday, March 06, 2017 - 3:15 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Aka a private message Print Post    
Thank you for "Ladies of Letters".
I started watching the series and am enjoying it.
I subscribe to Acorn via Amazon Prime.

Sugar

08-15-2000

Thursday, March 09, 2017 - 6:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
I have been binge watching Paranoid on Netflix and enjoy it despite wanting to tell Nina to get a grip. Only 2 episodes to go and then I will need a new show.

Uncle_ricky

07-02-2007

Thursday, March 09, 2017 - 7:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Uncle_ricky a private message Print Post    
Sugar, I loved all the "Paranoid" episodes, especially that tastiest of critters, Dino Fetscher, who played Alec. I thought his acting was quite convincing as the shy detective trying to get close to the mercurial Nina (I agree: what a nutburger!). I was also (pleasantly) shocked to learn that Mr. Fetscher is a "friend of Dorothy" in his personal life. He and Neil Patrick Harris (on "How I Met Your Mother") - you'd never know! - as I said, excellent acting!

One thing that bugged me to no end were all the scenes the Lucy character had with the detective Bobby character. She must have uttered his name 1,000 times - every single sentence she'd include his name (as if she had to make sure he knew that she knew what his name was!). Very annoying!

Zeyna

07-15-2001

Thursday, March 09, 2017 - 7:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Zeyna a private message Print Post    
Offspring is soooo good! Thank you for the recommendation, we've enjoyed all 5 seasons and can't wait for the next one to come out on Netflix

Mizinvanccouver

02-21-2003

Thursday, March 09, 2017 - 11:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mizinvanccouver a private message Print Post    
Zenya ....there is 7 seasons of Offspring, I can't wait too!

Strategist

07-01-2014

Friday, March 10, 2017 - 8:24 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Strategist a private message Print Post    
Cablejockey, we love Scott and Bailey too. It's wonderful to see two strong women leads in a show.

Strategist

07-01-2014

Friday, March 10, 2017 - 8:29 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Strategist a private message Print Post    
It's amazing how you can feel part of the Offspring family and really love all the characters and their quirks. I feel like we just lost our new family ever since we finished Season 5. I keep googling for Season 6 of Offspring in Canada.

Sugar

08-15-2000

Friday, March 10, 2017 - 8:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
Finished Paranoid and hope they do additional seasons.

What to choose for my next bit of binge watching? Suggestions welcome for either Netflix or Hulu.

I cannot abide crass, crude, base, low rent "humor/comedy" such as 2 Broke Girls, The Detour or Transparent.. Nor are they funny. I do like dark comedies, however, they must have humor.

Rissa

03-19-2006

Saturday, March 11, 2017 - 5:18 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rissa a private message Print Post    
Just finished Inside the Worlds Toughest Prisons. Its a 4 episode documentary/reality show. Started it reluctantly but was fascinating and i would have enjoyed seeing more. The host goes into the prison population for a day or more with no guard protection. I wouldnt so much as jay walk in those 4 countries. Lol Was mentioned that one of them was under investigation for human right violations, hard to imagine they all weren't.

Rvon

12-11-2003

Sunday, March 12, 2017 - 9:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rvon a private message Print Post    
I have been watching Broadchurch on Netflix. It is a Scottish crime drama about an 11 year old boy who is found dead. I've only watched five episodes of Season 1 -- so far, very good.

Sugar

08-15-2000

Sunday, March 12, 2017 - 2:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
I believe there will be a total of 3 series of Broadchurch. I seem to recall reading that series 3 was recently completed. I thought series 1 was better than series 2. I do love me some David T.

Roteach

06-01-2003

Sunday, March 12, 2017 - 5:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roteach a private message Print Post    
Series three of Broadchurch starts soon on BBC America.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Saturday, March 25, 2017 - 4:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
Just finished the new season of Grace and Frankie. I just love these two.

Rieann

08-26-2006

Saturday, March 25, 2017 - 6:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rieann a private message Print Post    
I do too, Mamie. They gave me some much needed laughs.

Sugar

08-15-2000

Sunday, March 26, 2017 - 6:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
I watched Finders Keepers last night. Bizzare. Oddly, I don't recall hearing of that situation before as it seems to have been quite the news story because it is unbelievably weird.

Marameko

07-14-2002

Monday, March 27, 2017 - 4:25 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marameko a private message Print Post    
I binged on and completed Grace and Frankie season 3 ...............I so enjoy that show.

Strategist

07-01-2014

Monday, March 27, 2017 - 3:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Strategist a private message Print Post    
Just finished watching season one and two of Detectorists. It's a lovely, heartwarming comedy. The two main characters are endearing. The half hour shows go by very quickly and I'm sorry it ended. I searched for a season three and it may be in production. What I did find, though is many people who just love this show as much as we did.

Sugar

08-15-2000

Monday, March 27, 2017 - 3:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
I have watched both seasons of The Detectorist. I thought it was ok and will watch the 3rd season if he decides to write it. It is billed as a comedy and that is a bit of a stretch as it isn't really funny or wry even. I think I only laughed twice and grinned a few more times when it was a bit amusing. It does manage to have a bit of sweetness to it. You find yourself hoping things go well for most of the characters. I like the theme song.