TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through March 01, 2017

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: The Americans: Archive through March 01, 2017 users admin

Sugar

08-15-2000

Saturday, May 28, 2016 - 3:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
Have spent the last few days binge watching The Americans. What a great show. Keri Russell and Matthew Rhys deserve Emmy nods. Loved Richard Thomas as Agent Gaad and was saddened by his demise. Spent many an episode saying, "Martha, Martha, Martha". That was a great storyline. I would be very surprised if we saw Martha again. Really dislike Stan Beeman. Wonder what is in store for Henry? IMO it took far too long for Elizabeth to read Paige the riot act for what she did. Wouldn't mind the termination of Paige along with Pastor Tim, and Alice. Poor Don and Young He, that was such a cruel thing to do to them. Don seemed to be too decent a chap to tell them all to get the holy hell out of his office and pay for the funeral themselves.
What a great final scene. No doubt much more angst in store with Paige. To be fair it would be terrible to see your mom kill someone even if she wasn't a spy. Not sure Paige will see Elizabeth was protecting them both and calling the police likely not an option when one is a spy.
Love binge watching, hate being patient and waiting for more.

Sugar

08-15-2000

Thursday, June 02, 2016 - 12:06 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
Rats, only 1more episode this season. Previews for next week look good.
They really need to get Paige under control. Finally told her she did not need to know everything.
I am so glad I started watching this truly excellent show.

Uncle_ricky

07-02-2007

Thursday, June 02, 2016 - 10:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Uncle_ricky a private message Print Post    
I'm glad Gabriel called Martha's mother to tell her that Martha's okay.

And (slightly off topic), I didn't even know they were dating...

http://www.ew.com/article/2016/05/31/keri-russell-matthew-rhys-welcome-baby

Kitt

09-05-2000

Thursday, June 02, 2016 - 11:15 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I had no idea they were together! Wonder how they will fit the pregnancy around the show. The seasons air March to May, she must be due before December for them to have announced it, so I guess they can still film in the new year.

Legalboxer

11-17-2003

Thursday, June 02, 2016 - 11:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Legalboxer a private message Print Post    
Kitt - they already had the baby - they did a good job of hiding it for this last season :-)

Kitt

09-05-2000

Thursday, June 02, 2016 - 5:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Ha, that's me not ready titles properly, I thought it was just announced! Well then that's amazing, she was practically naked a couple of weeks ago and looked like a model!

Sugar

08-15-2000

Wednesday, June 08, 2016 - 9:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
That was a rather slow and low key season finale. Even the will they or won't leave was pretty anticlimatic.

Hskrfan

06-30-2011

Thursday, June 09, 2016 - 8:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Hskrfan a private message Print Post    
I agree. We know the answer, they won't leave otherwise we don't have a show.

I thought we may have a Martha in USSR scene. Instead we get his long lost son....

Uncle_ricky

07-02-2007

Thursday, June 09, 2016 - 9:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Uncle_ricky a private message Print Post    
I agree that there wasn't a whole lot of pizzazz in the finale, but it did leave us hungry for the next chapter.

I was thrilled to see the Super Bowl game featured in the episode only because that's one of the two Super Bowl games I've ever attended, back when it was affordable for common folks. (My ticket cost $60 - the same ticket at this year's game cost $850!) I flew from L.A. to Tampa to watch my beloved Raiders annihilate the Redskins, 38-9. It was 32 years ago, but I remember it like it was yesterday!

Egbok

07-13-2000

Thursday, June 09, 2016 - 11:03 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Egbok a private message Print Post    
Ut ohhh....I missed the finale. I'm off to see if I can catch a repeat.

Hskrfan

06-30-2011

Thursday, June 09, 2016 - 12:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Hskrfan a private message Print Post    
Uncle Ricky what year was that SuperBowl. Trying to put the show into context

Uncle_ricky

07-02-2007

Thursday, June 09, 2016 - 12:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Uncle_ricky a private message Print Post    
Hsker, it was Super Bowl XVIII and was held on January 22, 1984 at Tampa Stadium to crown the champ of the 1983 season!

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, June 09, 2016 - 2:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
At first we thought the end was caught off the recording and we must have missed something. But looking at your posts, I guess it really did end with low pizzazz.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Thursday, June 09, 2016 - 6:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I thought it was ending when they did that montage bit about 2/3rds in with music, but then there was more show. I wondered if they thought there was a chance they would be cancelled, and were trying to wrap everything up.

Yes, they have to stay or there's no show. They can't even really relocate to a different state and start again there, as then we wouldn't have Stan's side of the story.

Sugar

08-15-2000

Monday, June 13, 2016 - 12:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
I hope the first episode of the next season is better with more going on. My husband wondered just what William said or may say that makes Stan start to think of the Jennings.
I must say I love binge watching and dislike being patient for a new season. I suppose I have 10 months or so to wait.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Monday, June 13, 2016 - 3:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
William said something about it being an all-American couple, with two American kids, or something a lot like that. But I think Stan's going to finally see it (assuming he does) because Paige is going to say something odd to his son.

It's possible next year's season might come earlier, as I thing the late start this year (March not January) must have been because of Keri Russell's pregnancy.

Lilfair

07-09-2003

Tuesday, June 14, 2016 - 8:06 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lilfair a private message Print Post    
I don't think Stan is that smart to connect "all American family with 2 kids"....that's half or more of the population. Although in an early season (1) the get away car was the same make and model as the Jennings car and Stan went snooping in their garage and looked in the trunk....of course everything was cleaned up. So who knows. I just want Russian scenes of Martha!

I think a large part of next season will be the long lost son of Phillip's. I may be wrong but the son is an anti Russian type. How will he feel once he discovers his father is a spy? Will he be the one that outs them????

Hskrfan

06-30-2011

Tuesday, June 14, 2016 - 11:08 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Hskrfan a private message Print Post    
I agree

Martha Russia scenes are a MUST

Sugar

08-15-2000

Tuesday, June 14, 2016 - 11:43 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
Although I did love me some Martha, I think we have seen the last of her.
Not sure what I think about the addition of Phillip's son.
Sick to death of whiney needy Paige. Poor forgotten Henry.

Uncle_ricky

07-02-2007

Thursday, August 11, 2016 - 12:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Uncle_ricky a private message Print Post    
Here's an in-depth interview with Matthew Rhys and Keri Russell about practically everything related to the show (including the producers' reaction when they had to let the producers know about Keri's pregnancy).

http://deadline.com/2016/08/the-americans-keri-russell-matthew-rhys-fx-emmys-interview-1201799467/

Naja

06-28-2003

Sunday, August 14, 2016 - 12:21 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
So here I am watching the latest episode of "Tyrant" and an actress shows up on the screen that looks so familiar. She is playing a middle eastern woman. After a few minutes it hit me that it's the same actress that played Nina on this show.

I thought it was so wild how she could go from playing a Russian spy woman to a middle eastern Muslim woman. She's really a good actress.

Jasper

09-14-2000

Wednesday, March 01, 2017 - 6:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
This starts up again next week! Tuesday March 7 on FX (Canada)

Marameko

07-14-2002

Wednesday, March 01, 2017 - 5:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marameko a private message Print Post    
Great news, thanks Jasper !

Uncle_ricky

07-02-2007

Wednesday, March 01, 2017 - 6:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Uncle_ricky a private message Print Post    
Can't wait! Matthew Rhys was on this past Sunday night's episode of "Girls" on HBO. It was just him and Lena Dunham's character taking up almost the entire episode with the two of them arguing back and forth. And, most shockingly, it also featured a scene that included brief, extremely graphic nudity (Matthew's).

Kitt

09-05-2000

Wednesday, March 01, 2017 - 6:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I think it was a stunt willy .

I didn't know what to make of that whole scene. For once Hannah actually seemed thoughtful and not simply reactive or self-centred, and then that look on Matthew's face after she'd touched it! Almost like he was explaining to her how easily he could take advantage if he wanted to... but then whipping it out isn't exactly normal and could also be construed as sexual harassment of Hannah. These arty types... so strange ;).