TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through March 03, 2017

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Criminal Minds: Archive through March 03, 2017 users admin

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Thursday, November 10, 2016 - 10:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Scooter, yeah I knew that.

My issue was that on Wednesday morning (and all week) my DVR showed Criminal Minds as a scheduled upcoming recording.

But then when it came to record it, it didn't.

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, November 10, 2016 - 10:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I noticed once I switched to Comcast X1 box, this stuff didn't happen.

It must update very often because it even has a feature where you when you record a live sports event, or any live event, you can choose
"auto extend", and the recording will go until the game ends. Whether it's 15 minutes, or over an hour. And that's definitely because the schedule signals are sent to the box very often.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Thursday, November 10, 2016 - 10:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Oh yeah, I have an old box. Comcast keeps putting these obnoxious notices on my screen that they will give me a free upgrade, but my DVR is 70% full and I'll lose everything, so I refuse.

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, November 10, 2016 - 11:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Oh just give in! The features on the X1 are too good to delay. Heck, I can never remember the numbers of the stations, and now you can just say into the remote "HBO" or "FX" and it will go to the channel by itself.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Friday, November 11, 2016 - 2:19 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
"Oh yeah, I have an old box. Comcast keeps putting these obnoxious notices on my screen that they will give me a free upgrade, but my DVR is 70% full and I'll lose everything, so I refuse."

I hate to say this because I have hated Comcast for so long because they continually lied to me for years, but....They have actually gotten better when it comes to customer service!

I had trouble with not getting a couple of stations and they sent three different guys here within 3 days, and the third time a supervisor came with the guy. It finally got worked out but they even called me to follow up. I was amazed.

Anyhow, I have a suggestion. Call Comcast and explain that your old box has all those hours of programs on it and ask if you could get your free update with the new box but still hang on to the old box for free until you've finished watching those shows. If they balk, remind them that it is, after all, a crappy, obsolete box as far as they're concerned - they probably plan on just getting rid of it anyhow. I doubt they'll be offering it in new packages since they're pushing the new X1 thing. :-)

If they let you keep it, you can record your new shows on just the new box and gradually watch all the shows on your old box. I'm not positive because I don't have a Comcast box, but I don't think you'd even have to leave it connected to the cable line if you don't plan on recording anything else on it. The shows are already on the hard drive inside that box, right?

Of course, they might have it set up somehow to not work at all unless it gets an authorization code from Comcast via the cable or something. Be sure and ask about that, too.

Follow up suggestion...ask them if it's possible to transfer your shows from the old Comcast box to the new one. I can do that with my TIVOs (except for the premium channels like HBO and Showtime). I don't have a Comcast box at all, so I don't know if that's possible for you.

It never hurts to ask and as much as I hate to admit it, they have become a lot more reasonable and they will haggle and try to accommodate you as best they can. (I think they lost a big law suit about unfair sales and customer service practices so now they make customer service a priority.)

Good luck!

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Friday, November 11, 2016 - 9:04 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Thanks for the suggestions, Sanfran.

I haver a newer box in the guest bedroom and I've started recording new shows on that as well as the old one, while I catch up with my backlog. I need to add some things apparently! I have gotten down from 90% full to 75% full on the old box... And some I could opt not to watch at this point.

Many are on OnDemand, but that's a pain because you can't FF through commercials.

The new boxes are being pushed because HD will no longer work on the old ones. I don't watch anything in HD so it doesn't matter to me...

But every time Comcast comes out and does something it screws something else up, so I am sooo reluctant to change anything while it's working...

Kappy

06-28-2002

Wednesday, November 16, 2016 - 9:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
While I think there were too many holes in the explanation for Hodge's resignation, things should continue smoothly with Emily as the new head of the group.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, November 17, 2016 - 12:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
I thought it was a clever way to send him off without any more appearances.

Lostfan

03-10-2010

Thursday, November 17, 2016 - 3:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lostfan a private message Print Post    
Booooring!

Sugar

08-15-2000

Friday, November 18, 2016 - 11:33 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
I am with you Lostfan, I find this season rather dull.

I would like to audition for a role as I have already memorized the lines.

"Our unsub is a male in his 30's"
"Our unsub is highly organized"
"Our unsub is disorganized"
"He is dangerous"
"We only have 24 hours to fine the unsub"
"Garcia, can you search for..."
"We are ready to deliver the profile"

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, November 28, 2016 - 10:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
LOL Sugar!

Well, I went and did it. I ordered myself some big bright red prescription eyeglasses as my Christmas present to myself this year. They are Garcia inspired.
:-)

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, February 05, 2017 - 1:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Darn, I hate that Reed's mom is so gone. I hope the caregiver can convince him to get her into assisted care.

I loved when she said, You are so smart you think if you can get your brain around it you can fix anything.

I hope that get's into Reeds head and he understands what she is saying. It was really hard, and one time sweet, to watch their interactions....amazing acting on both their parts.

I loved that Reed pasted his picture on the tightrope walker, LOL.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Sunday, February 05, 2017 - 6:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Sweet episode, bittersweet..

Naja

06-28-2003

Sunday, February 05, 2017 - 11:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Jane Lynch is just too branded into my mind as a comedian, that I just don't get the full effect of this tragic story line.

But, I sure am happy Spencer's hair is back to sexy normal :-) I get so aggravated when they chop it too short.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, February 06, 2017 - 10:10 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
hahaha, about the hair!

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, February 08, 2017 - 11:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Nooooo! Preview after tonight re Spencer.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, February 26, 2017 - 2:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
They can't leave Reed in jail and have him convicted of murder!

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Sunday, February 26, 2017 - 2:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
I must be losing my mind. For the life of me, I can't remember who this "Scratch" is that is setting up Spencer and the team.

Naja

06-28-2003

Sunday, February 26, 2017 - 2:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Crimals Minds wiki has a good page on him, with a photo.

http://criminalminds.wikia.com/wiki/Peter_Lewis

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Monday, February 27, 2017 - 4:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Thanks Naja!!!

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Monday, February 27, 2017 - 5:10 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
I'm reading this synopsis on Scratch and it is fascinating. Some of it I remember well, and some of it isn't even ringing a bell with me.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Thursday, March 02, 2017 - 4:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
I can honestly say I'm already over Spencer's prison story line.

Lostfan

03-10-2010

Thursday, March 02, 2017 - 11:38 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lostfan a private message Print Post    
I don't like these "to be continued" episodes. I like the shows to end each episode.

Also last nights episode, I sure hope this episode doesn't give a psychopath any ideas. Yikes

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Thursday, March 02, 2017 - 12:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
It's one thing if it is "to be continued" and wrapped up the following week, but this story line involving Spencer could easily go into next season.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Friday, March 03, 2017 - 4:18 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
I was reading CM's FB page yesterday and people are as pissed off as I am about this story line - they absolutely hate it.