TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through February 10, 2017

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Saturday Night Live (SNL): Archive through February 10, 2017 users admin

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Tuesday, November 15, 2016 - 2:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
I did not see the whole show, but did watch the clip. She's a fair singer, not a great singer. But, it was not the singing that was so moving. It was her dressed in her Hillary character 'singing' Cohen's Hallelujah as if Hillary was speaking to us. Because the performance was so stripped down, I listened to the words more closely and was amazed at how profound and relevant they are, even now. There were times when I thought I heard her voice break. I thought it was very timely given the election events.

Marameko

07-14-2002

Thursday, November 17, 2016 - 7:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marameko a private message Print Post    
She is a much better singer then I would have ever imagined..........

Naja

06-28-2003

Saturday, December 03, 2016 - 10:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
The guy or gal that came up with the searching for Hillary in the woods sketch, as if she was Bigfoot, deserves a raise. That was the funniest thing in weeks.

For anybody that doesn't keep up with the news, it's funny because in real life Hillary has been spotted hiking in the woods since the election.

Kappy

06-28-2002

Sunday, December 04, 2016 - 12:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
It hadn't even shown on the West Coast yet and the Donald had already begun sending out tweets! His reactions just make it all the more funny.

Uncle_ricky

07-02-2007

Sunday, December 04, 2016 - 2:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Uncle_ricky a private message Print Post    
I just love how the Trump sketches bring out (not hard to do) his thin-skinned reactions and keep them front and center for all to see. The SNL writers must love him - they don't really have to work since the sketches practically write themselves!

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Sunday, December 04, 2016 - 2:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Plus he provides free advertising for the show through his tweeting.

Marameko

07-14-2002

Monday, December 05, 2016 - 5:25 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marameko a private message Print Post    
Donnie Dump is the gift that keeps on giving to the SNL writers.His tweeting helps me get over my disappointment in the presidential election.
i also loved the tweet from Alec Baldwin: you give up your tax returns and I will quit the skits. Bottom line........the skits will continue.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Monday, December 05, 2016 - 8:49 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
Well, look at it this way, the president who got it hardest from SNL did not have the ability to tweet - that would be poor Gerald Ford, If I remember correctly, he even appeared on SNL and tripped. #goodolddays #senseofhumor

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Monday, December 05, 2016 - 11:36 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
And loved the irony of Trump tweeting after a skit that mocked his tweeting.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Monday, December 05, 2016 - 12:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
He is scarily stupid. I love the buyers remorse his base is having... but sadly too little too late.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Monday, December 05, 2016 - 1:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I've googled and haven't found any evidence of buyer's remorse...please provide a source.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Monday, December 05, 2016 - 1:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
We should probably keep political discussions in the NV area. There are posts about "buyers remorse" there already. :-)

Kappy

06-28-2002

Sunday, January 15, 2017 - 11:49 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
As always, loved the opening with Baldwin. Beck Bennett kills it every time.

That said, I found the rest of the skits very lacking. It's almost like they have all woken up and are too depressed to get going again. Hopefully it all gets back on track.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Sunday, January 15, 2017 - 12:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I caught it this morning, and laughed hysterically. Not finding it stale yet. :-)

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Sunday, January 15, 2017 - 12:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
SNL hasn't been funny for a long time IMO. Except for the political stuff. They really nail that. The rest is lacking inspiration much of the time. Trump is a gold mine.

Holly

07-21-2001

Sunday, January 15, 2017 - 5:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Holly a private message Print Post    
I caught one of the originals last night. The Blues Brothers opened with Soul Man and the guest was a 20-something year old Carrie Fisher! She came out the green door and down the stairs wearing her Princess Leia costume and buns hair.

Belushi was really great--I forgot how much, and could that man ever move for such a heavy-weight!

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, January 16, 2017 - 12:30 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
I saw that too and was cracking up at the dancing, it was the best.

Strategist

07-01-2014

Tuesday, February 07, 2017 - 10:49 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Strategist a private message Print Post    
Rosie O'Donnell said on Twitter that she is "available" to play Trump's sidekick Steve Bannon on SNL. I hope it works out.

It will be as hilarious as Melissa McCarthy's portrayal of Sean Spicer.

Uncle_ricky

07-02-2007

Tuesday, February 07, 2017 - 11:06 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Uncle_ricky a private message Print Post    
Oh, the conniption fit [Trump] will have if that ever comes to pass, Strategist. I love it!

<99>

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, February 07, 2017 - 12:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
I saw a tweet from Chelsea Handler, I think, that said they should ask Rosie to play Trump to give Alec a break; if we really wanted to see the steam come out of his ears, LMAO.

But this idea is even better.

Strategist

07-01-2014

Tuesday, February 07, 2017 - 12:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Strategist a private message Print Post    
I hope I'm not stealing anyone's thunder, but I heard that he would go bonkers if Rosie played Melania.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, February 07, 2017 - 1:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
OMG, Strategist that that would exceptional.

Strategist

07-01-2014

Tuesday, February 07, 2017 - 6:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Strategist a private message Print Post    
What could also be fun is if some of the many women he made fun of came on at once and took on different parts of his administration.

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, February 09, 2017 - 10:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
This weekend Alec Baldwin will be the actual host of the show. I sure hope they saved some of their best Trump stuff for his hosting night.

Marameko

07-14-2002

Friday, February 10, 2017 - 4:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marameko a private message Print Post    
SNL on 2/11/17 is going to be "delicious", all the great material the White House puts out daily after "45" sets the tone for the day via his tweets.