TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through February 24, 2017

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: This Is Us: ARCHIVES: Archive through February 24, 2017 users admin

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Thursday, February 23, 2017 - 7:04 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Thx Legal :-)

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Thursday, February 23, 2017 - 7:06 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Thx Legal.

Your link says unavailable in my country oh well thanks for trying

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Thursday, February 23, 2017 - 7:19 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
and then after the show I was said because now William wont be in future eps. I wish they would have waited for a year to show this ep!!! I wanted to see Randall and William's lives together longer.

That was my thought too. As the timeline of the show jumps around a lot, we may still see him in flashbacks.

Strategist

07-01-2014

Thursday, February 23, 2017 - 7:20 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Strategist a private message Print Post    
Saw the episode last night. So sad. Made me think of how our lives are a rollercoaster. Some people are lucky enough to have more good times than bad. But even if you are not so lucky, the good times do mean the most.

I couldn't see the aftershow either. Too bad.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Thursday, February 23, 2017 - 7:44 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
maybe you can google NBC this is us aftershow and a link that works for you will pop up

Pamy

01-01-2002

Thursday, February 23, 2017 - 7:45 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
here is the cast apologizing to us. I didnt think I could love them more!!

http://www.popsugar.com/entertainment/Us-Apologizes-Making-You-Cry-Video-43209813

Scooterrific

07-08-2005

Thursday, February 23, 2017 - 8:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scooterrific a private message Print Post    
OMG...I thought my heart was (literally) going to give out...I cried so much. From the beginning to the end.

Erniesgirl

06-26-2006

Thursday, February 23, 2017 - 8:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Erniesgirl a private message Print Post    
http://www.inquisitr.com/4003083/sterling-k-brown-needs-papa-pearsons-excuse-note-after-latest-this-is-us-ep/

http://www.inquisitr.com/4001947/this-is-us-stars-and-creators-tease-final-season-one-episodes-spoilers/

this one says we've not seen the last of William:

http://www.celebdirtylaundry.com/2017/this-is-us-ron-cephas-jones-says-williams-story-is-not-over-yet-back-from-the-dead/

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Thursday, February 23, 2017 - 9:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
The actors who play Randall and William are amazing.... where have they been all my TV life!

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Thursday, February 23, 2017 - 10:03 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
My friend posted that she was crying while watch This is Us last night.
She said she can hardly wait to see grandpa tomorrow.Her grandpa has Alzheimer's and even though she is busy with three young children she gets over to see him.

I know the family from church.

Grandpa is slowly slipping away.
He is still at home but needs somebody around all the time. His daughter posted that when she was over at the house his wife was rubbing his back singing "I love you, a bushel and a peck.."

We have to see how William gets a son.

Y2krazy

09-17-2002

Thursday, February 23, 2017 - 11:07 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Y2krazy a private message Print Post    
The song, "You Are My Sunshine", makes me cry almost every time, especially if it is sung sadly like William's mother sang it. My mother sang this to me all the time, I sang it to my son, especially if he was tired and cuddly. (he's 29 now, lives far away from me and isn't that cuddly anymore.)

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Thursday, February 23, 2017 - 11:11 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
Oh me too, Y2. My dad used to sing it to us all the time. I too sang it to my kids and I sang it to my grandson while I was rocking him when I was in Florida.

Snoopsmom

02-19-2003

Thursday, February 23, 2017 - 1:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Snoopsmom a private message Print Post    
My mother always sang "You Are My Sunshine" to me when I was a child too. Sadly, however, it now always reminds me of poor Caylee Anthony and the video of her singing with her grandmother.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Thursday, February 23, 2017 - 2:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
We sang You Are My Sunshine at my son's preschool graduation. Could. Not. Do. It. Sobbed through the whole thing (I wanted to be a mom all my life and had him very late in life, so every milestone is super emotional for me).

My 93 year old mother also has dementia. She fell and broke her hip last summer, so she's now in a wheelchair. She used to walk miles every day, so it's tough for her, especially since she forgets she can't walk and thinks she can just get up like she used to. I was taking her to the dentist the other day, and she said, "Are we going to see my mother or my grandmother?" This episode was tough for me, cause we never know when will be her last day.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Thursday, February 23, 2017 - 4:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
It took me to holding my mom's hand just those short two years ago and telling her that she was okay. I told her to go to my dad, he was waiting. I told her she was good and she was loved. It is the hardest thing you have to do and watching it on the show, just brought it all back.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Thursday, February 23, 2017 - 11:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
The actors who play Randall and William are amazing.... where have they been all my TV life!

I wouldn't know Sterling K. Brown / Randall if not for Army Wives.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Thursday, February 23, 2017 - 11:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
(((Mamie))) sounds just like I told my mom... I told my mom it was ok, go to the light, to my dad....

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Friday, February 24, 2017 - 7:33 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
I have a picture frame with my mom's voice taped singing with me the bushel and a peck song. But we also used to sing you're my sunshine together.

As for Sterling I know him from the OJ Simpson series.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Friday, February 24, 2017 - 9:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
that is awesome Mame!!!

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Friday, February 24, 2017 - 11:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Pamy & Mame, as tough as that was, it was a blessing to be there to say goodbye. It was the same with my dad. He died of cancer nearly 29 years ago. As hard as it was, I've always thought it was a blessing to be able to tell him everything I wanted to say and to say goodbye.

This episode brought me to all those places. Tough to say goodbye, but what a privilege to be there for a loved one in their last moments. Beautifully written.

The one thing I thought was crazy was that Beth didn't fly down to drive Randall home. He was in no state to be driving himself. Ah, but I guess they had to show him rolling down the windows and cranking up the music. (Only a man would enjoy driving with the windows down. I hate that. Too much noise, too hot and dirty, and my hair flies all over the place. Not fun!)

Strategist

07-01-2014

Friday, February 24, 2017 - 12:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Strategist a private message Print Post    
Thanks for all the sharing.

A good storyline moves us to think about our own lives and how we can truly relate.

This was a really good episode. It stayed with me days later. I thought of my experience being with my dad during those last hours. Certain special moments are most important. When think of loved ones who have passed, those beautiful experiences from our past are most memorable and valued.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Friday, February 24, 2017 - 5:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
There is no This Is Us next Tuesday.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Friday, February 24, 2017 - 6:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
probably so we can continue to process last week's ep!

Pamy

01-01-2002

Friday, February 24, 2017 - 6:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
there were some really fun and happy moments in this ep that I forgot about because the sad scenes were so powerful.

the you get a cousin, everyone gets a cousin was hysterical

Legalboxer

11-17-2003

Friday, February 24, 2017 - 7:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Legalboxer a private message Print Post    
I think all these posts make me more emotional then the episode.

I am very proud for Sterling finding his groove - he was great on Army Wives, better in People vs OJ Simpson and spot on with This is Us!