TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through November 08, 2016

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Madame Secretary: Archive through November 08, 2016 users admin

Kappy

06-28-2002

Tuesday, May 10, 2016 - 2:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
I love so many of the actors in this cast! I think the writing is now catching up to their caliber. So happy it's been renewed!

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, May 10, 2016 - 2:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
LOL that Elizabeth is a bit pissed that she didn't have a voice in the wedding blessing, hahahaha.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, May 10, 2016 - 3:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Wow, that was so good! Now how do we get his sister back to the states!

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, October 02, 2016 - 4:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Premieres tonight!!!

CBS Television ‏@CBS · 12m12 minutes ago

Stay tuned for time delay info on #NCISLA & the season premieres of #MadamSecretary, #Elementary.

Texannie

07-15-2001

Sunday, October 02, 2016 - 6:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
I feel ike I have somehow missed a bunch of episodes.....

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Sunday, October 02, 2016 - 6:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
belated because of football premiere

Lazylu

04-09-2010

Monday, October 03, 2016 - 11:03 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lazylu a private message Print Post    
I wondered how they were going to keep the show Madam Secretary if she became VP. Good job writers. :-)

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Monday, October 03, 2016 - 11:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Agreed.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Tuesday, October 04, 2016 - 2:30 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
So on previously forums, some are saying that the party in power, madame secretary's, now is republican if they can reject a candidate on recognizing climate change. Does This change you perception of the show?

Lazylu

04-09-2010

Tuesday, October 04, 2016 - 8:39 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lazylu a private message Print Post    
I always thought the party in power were Democrats, now I think I was wrong. Republican it is. I will still watch the show.

Spunky

10-07-2001

Tuesday, October 04, 2016 - 8:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
I too thought they were Democrats... it's almost too close to reality when the difference between the Democrats and Republicans is like the difference between a pepsy and a Coca-Cola. It's happening in Europe too, where the left and the right are almost similar and the people so confused that they don't care to vote anymore.

So we will have several months knowing that the President will end his 4 year term and a slim chance for a comeback as an independent... and so the show goes on... oh well.

Lazylu

04-09-2010

Tuesday, October 04, 2016 - 9:11 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lazylu a private message Print Post    
I think the show was trying to go down the middle of the road on politics. I also don't think the Republicans and the Democrats are even close to being the same.

For the future of the show I am going to assume he will be reelected as an Independent.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Tuesday, October 04, 2016 - 11:07 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
the democrats and republicans being the same,it depends on which filter you are using.
on social issues the democrats and republicans are on opposite ends, kind of, there is some social conservatism in some democrats from rural areas.
On economic policies, despite the inaction, the democrats have come very close to republicans,even instituting republican policies in democratic administrations i.e. Obamacare. both are extremely pro-business and have money ties to certain corporations. this is where the difference starts disappearing.

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Tuesday, October 04, 2016 - 9:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
I would tend to agree with Lazylu, that the show has been trying to toe the line and hew down the middle, sort of a Gerald Ford presidency of decency and normality, no big waves.

But in this episode they inject big money and climate change denial, and the President and Madame Secretary both go off the track and DO THE RIGHT THING. I actually did not see that coming, after Dalton's political rant to Elizabeth. The show has now entered Bizarro World. It's like Republicans with actual souls.

Well, or ... Republicans who would do the unthinkable when Bizarro World came to pass, and they were forced to endorse the only sane course for America. Which, oh, duh, could also be happening right now in real life.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, October 05, 2016 - 12:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Really enjoyed the show, glad they talked about Global warming, I never even thought about bases being to low to the sea.

And OMG, we are having a news report that the Embarcadero Historical site (San Francisco) is endangered by rising sea levels, and higher tides.

Jenjackso

02-10-2009

Friday, October 07, 2016 - 1:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jenjackso a private message Print Post    
My friend from Israel thinks Americans are so funny thinking that our political parties are different. Other parts of the world are so vastly different that it makes ours look the same. If you look up how leaders are investing their money and how it aligns with their beliefs about global warming (nobody calls it that anymore, now it's climate change) then you see a clear picture of where people really stand. Also, there are Democrats who do not believe that man is causing climate change. And, do you remember how long it took for our current President to publicly support gay marriage? So, I don't know that they are Republican in the show. I think they are some made up party, made for TV.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Friday, October 07, 2016 - 7:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
I think it is funny when people think economically the parties are different.

Lazylu

04-09-2010

Friday, October 07, 2016 - 9:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lazylu a private message Print Post    
Yes, I'm funny and must be stupid too.

Spunky

10-07-2001

Monday, October 24, 2016 - 6:11 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
I liked this last episode, it was refreshing to see that for once it was not Islamic terrorists or Russia to upset the US government but China, I always thought that China could be the bigger threat and although all ended well on the show, it should make a lot of people wonder about it.

The hacking problem could be someone closer to them than they think, since I love conspiracy theories, I may hint that it's the opposing political party that's doing the hacking and the FBI knows exactly who that is but don't want to tell them.

Texannie

07-15-2001

Monday, October 24, 2016 - 5:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
Russell refusing to give back the Pandas was hysterical!

Tresbien

08-26-2002

Monday, October 24, 2016 - 5:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tresbien a private message Print Post    
As a DC native and daily pandacam watcher, I was delighted that they brought the pandas into the story this week. They really are the VIPs in town!

Interesting theory Spunky -- you may well be right.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Tuesday, October 25, 2016 - 12:25 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
Interestingly, the latest hacking problem, the reddit/twitter, etc problem is now being credited to a flaw in software used in products from one Chinese company. Now they were not the hackers, but they were the software that was hacked to make the demands for service attacks. It was cameras and DVRs software that made the demands against the attacked systems
so quite timely.

Aka

01-02-2007

Tuesday, October 25, 2016 - 2:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Aka a private message Print Post    
I think the "stalker" is the defense contractor who lost out on the port rebuild. :-)

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, October 29, 2016 - 4:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
OMG, the best part was the Panda rant/rave, I was LMAO. And I love that the Panda Cam got so much play.

I watch the panda cam at the San Diego zoo, and I really enjoy watching the elephants.

Aka

01-02-2007

Tuesday, November 08, 2016 - 2:15 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Aka a private message Print Post    
Called it!
:-) :-)