TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through February 26, 2017

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: 2017 Academy Awards/Oscars: Archive through February 26, 2017 users admin

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Sunday, February 26, 2017 - 10:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Did that really happen ??????!!!!!!!!!!

Teachmichigan

07-22-2001

Sunday, February 26, 2017 - 10:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Teachmichigan a private message Print Post    
WT ever lovin'F???? That is the WEIRDEST and FUNNIEST ending to the Oscars ever! Poor Warren, but WOW....very happy for the Moonlight cast!

Kappy

06-28-2002

Sunday, February 26, 2017 - 10:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
Remember the old days when they brought on the two people from the company that handled the votes and made such a big deal about envelopes?

I think DT and Bannon paid someone to screw it up. WINK WINK

Texannie

07-15-2001

Sunday, February 26, 2017 - 10:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
Surprised Jimmy didn't say "I blame Matt Damon"! LOL

Kappy

06-28-2002

Sunday, February 26, 2017 - 10:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
Lol, Texannie!

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Sunday, February 26, 2017 - 10:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
I'm fairly pleased. I think Jimmy Kimmel is so funny, so I really enjoyed him as host. I was happy with the results. I didn't see any of the other lead woman performances, so Emma Stone is okay with me as long as all of the others went to the people I wanted. So happy for Casey Affleck and that Manchester by the Sea won for screenwriting. Am very surprised by the envelope mix up at the end!

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Sunday, February 26, 2017 - 10:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
We have two threads going for this so I'm starting a new one (this one) and combining all of the posts. :-)

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Sunday, February 26, 2017 - 10:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
That was a wild ending! Sounds like there were two Emma Stone envelopes?!?!

I love the Oscars and overall I think that was a well paced and funny show. Good Job Jimmy Kimmel!

Sugar

08-15-2000

Sunday, February 26, 2017 - 10:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
DT and Bannon wouldn't want the prize to go to Moonlight.}

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Sunday, February 26, 2017 - 10:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
LOL.. so.. third thread..

Crazy ending there..

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Sunday, February 26, 2017 - 10:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Glad you're enjoying it, Sea.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Sunday, February 26, 2017 - 11:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I think it wasn't Warren but Fay..

He wasn't believing what he was reading and tried to point it out and she just read the Movie name which apparently was from Best Actress.

Maybe trusting two actors on the 50th anniversary of a movie they made as adults.. you might want to make sure you give them the right stuff to read..

And since supposedly no one knows results until the envelope is opened... I wonder who discovered the snafu and who had to tell the LaLaLand winners they... were not winners...

YIKES

Kappy

06-28-2002

Sunday, February 26, 2017 - 11:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
Thanks Jimmer.

Naja

06-28-2003

Sunday, February 26, 2017 - 11:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I started watching far behind on the DVR to skip commercials and just caught up, and OMG! That was unreal.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Sunday, February 26, 2017 - 11:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I didn't start reading threads until I hit the end. I started recording and watched another show so I couled ff at will.. commercials.. didn't really need to zoom anywhere else.

The tour group was amusing but sort of sad in a way as some of them just couldn't put their phones down and really look around, but it was still fun.. that first guy sort of sucked up most of the attention.

I also felt a little bit bad for Keith Urban.. earlier I saw maybe 5 min of red carpet and at one point they seemingly asked him to step aside so Nicole Kidman could take a solo picture.. he was gracious.

And then when the tour people came through, he just wasn't mentioned and he was right there. I'm sure some of the tour people know who he is.

The kid who liked all the candy was cute.

I haven't seen a single nominated movie, though I read A Man Called Ove and Hidden Figures.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Sunday, February 26, 2017 - 11:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
You're welcome, Kappy. :-)

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Sunday, February 26, 2017 - 11:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I'm watching/skimming the stuff after the show and recording all the way through the local news.. hoping at some point they 'splain what happened.. exactly.

I will say it was a pretty good show.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Sunday, February 26, 2017 - 11:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
OK.. the Moonlight crew says they were just happy for LaLaLand and then a guy walked across the stage with a red envelope (I'm assuming the correct one that the presenters did not have) and suddenly they had won... so it must have been discovered backstage.. just imagine being the one to realize it.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Sunday, February 26, 2017 - 11:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
I'm sure Nicole Kidman gets pushed to the side at the Country Music award shows. :-)

It was entertaining to see the tour bus people interact with the stars. What a thrill for them!

Maybe the cards they give them to read needs to say in much bigger type "BEST PICTURE" and then the winner. SO then it would be very obvious if you had the wrong envelope. What a snafu!

Naja

06-28-2003

Sunday, February 26, 2017 - 11:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
It seems like they were accidentally handed a copy of the best actress winner envelope.

Because Warren Beatty said his card said "Emma Stone, La La Land".

That sure sounds like the best actress card.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Sunday, February 26, 2017 - 11:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Warren said the card said Best Actress.. name and LaLaLand..

I guess after Warren hesitated, Fay just saw LaLaLand and read that.. Probably neigher one could see the telepromptr.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Sunday, February 26, 2017 - 11:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Yeah.. he looked, even looked in the envelope to see if there was ANOTHER card.. they are showing it on an after after show.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Sunday, February 26, 2017 - 11:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Emma Stone says she was holding the Emma Stone Best Actress card at the time.

Sugar

08-15-2000

Sunday, February 26, 2017 - 11:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
I didn't want Moonlight or La LA Land to win best picture.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Sunday, February 26, 2017 - 11:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Some guy named Anthony keeps screaming as if he really knows what happened and someone Warren made it up (and not sure how that explains Faye reading it..)

Why am I watching this?