TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through February 24, 2017

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Colony - on USA & Bravo (Canada): Archive through February 24, 2017 users admin

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, February 06, 2017 - 7:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Good point.. we don't really see any product other than fear..

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, February 06, 2017 - 7:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Well, they were amassing quite a collection of art.. not sure why.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Tuesday, February 07, 2017 - 2:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
I'm guessing this is just phase one or something.

The only thing we've seen them use people for (other than law enforcers, aka "red hats") are working in The Factory which is either on or orbiting the moon. That scene from last season showed that the factory workers were getting radiation poisoning, so, to the invaders, people are pretty much dispensable...like worker ants.

I think we'll have some answers if/when we learn what the heck is going on at the Factory.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Tuesday, February 07, 2017 - 4:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
ah,. but they are also working in shipping in factories on land - If they were any good, they would jsut use Amazon factories with automated shipping.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Tuesday, February 07, 2017 - 6:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
Come to think of it, the fact that the people working in shipping are in what they're calling "labor camps" and the Moon people are at "the factory", that tells us something already.

"Labor camp" just means they're doing menial work.

"The Factory" implies that they are manufacturing something.

Maybe they're building some kind of portal that will bring in millions more invaders and once that's accomplished, they won't need "disposable" human laborers or manufacturers anymore.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, February 07, 2017 - 8:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Or they don't need them now but are performing a sick genocide.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Wednesday, February 08, 2017 - 5:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I had a dream this morning that I was in a big auditorium of some kind and I realized that the people hosting the show were aliens and were keeping us there for a food source. I kept trying to convince all my friends that we needed to get out or we were going to die. I blame this show.

Cablejockey

12-26-2001

Thursday, February 09, 2017 - 3:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cablejockey a private message Print Post    
Thats weird. A couple of weeks ago I had a similar dream! I was trying to urge the people I was with on a trip to go back, to run away from our 'hosts' because they were going to kill us and eat us! It may be this show or some other outworldly things I cannot resist watching.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, February 10, 2017 - 1:06 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
OK at the end, who was the woman Bram was talking to.. in the preview, that is? I looked twice but don't know.

Putting the cam on the drone was pretty cool.

Cablejockey

12-26-2001

Saturday, February 11, 2017 - 7:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cablejockey a private message Print Post    
It is a wonder more humans didnt kill themselves rather than face life with aliens in control. Everyone is separed from other cities and parts of the world by being walled in and watched day and night. I'm surprised that group who managed stopping the drone for a few minutes succeeded at all.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Sunday, February 12, 2017 - 11:12 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Seamonkey, I kept rewinding that scene and I *think* it is Kate's sister (but it was hard to tell).

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Sunday, February 12, 2017 - 2:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I never watch previews. Won't remember them by the next week anyway, plus I don't want to know.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Sunday, February 12, 2017 - 7:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Lexie, it could be her..

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Monday, February 13, 2017 - 11:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
I'm 99% sure it was "Van Pelt" (Sorry, I can't remember her "Colony" name, so I often think of her by her "Mentalist" name!)

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Monday, February 13, 2017 - 1:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
SFJF... who is "Van Pelt?" Is that another character that Kate's sister (Maddie) played on another show?

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Monday, February 13, 2017 - 9:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
"SFJF... who is "Van Pelt?" Is that another character that Kate's sister (Maddie) played on another show?"

Yes. I can never remember that her name is "Maddie" on Colony!

I watched The Mentalist for all 7 seasons and that actress played a detective named Grace Van Pelt (one of the 5 main characters) Link....maybe if Colony lasts that long, I'll finally start to see her as "Maddie". :-)

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, February 18, 2017 - 8:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
So.. we see a brief scene in England.. I assume this will be important later??

Looking like the second in command proxy and Kate's sister could be in jeopardy now that the former proxy ratted on him.

And he only showed an empty pod, which I guess means people are being shot up to the moom/factory in pods? Odd since I would think they'd go in groups.

I think Bram was right to not take the goodies from his aunt.. it would just put a target on him.. not just FOR the goodies but more for the favoritism assumed.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Sunday, February 19, 2017 - 4:35 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Sea, that scene in England was confusing and I could be wrong but it looked like the guy in the picture they showed that woman, was the guy in the Resistance in Los Angeles. I could be wrong because they "flashed" the picture but they looked alike to me.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Sunday, February 19, 2017 - 9:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
There had to be some connection..thanks for catching it..

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Sunday, February 19, 2017 - 9:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
And you hit it.. from the recap:

quote:

We open in Northern England, where it looks like Jennifer McMahon’s lie that Resistance member Simon Eckhart was her source might have far-reaching implications.  Back underground, Simon is climbing the walls after weeks of being cooped up

and

quote:

Half a world away, Simon Eckhart’s mother is rounded up at a refugee camp. Is she going to pay for the sins of her son?

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Sunday, February 19, 2017 - 9:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
and I definitely didn't realize it was his mother on the posters...

quote:

Meanwhile, Simon has had enough of life underground and ventures up. He’s confused, scared and angry when he sees missing posters bearing his mother’s face plastering every building.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Monday, February 20, 2017 - 11:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Wow! All of that went right over my head. Absolutely no idea. Why do they put such obscure references in these TV shows? I would never catch any of this without you guys and the recaps. I have a hard enough time remembering who everybody is from week to week.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Monday, February 20, 2017 - 1:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Sea, I totally missed that it was his mother's face on the posters. It's a good thing I have y'all to help me catch stuff.

Cablejockey

12-26-2001

Friday, February 24, 2017 - 10:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cablejockey a private message Print Post    
So the resistance has found out for sure that their 'colony' will be emptied of humans in the near future. And what was the woman in the pod about? It reminded me of the Matrix they way she was coughing when she spilled out of it. At some point I hope Will murders that evil partner of his.

Roteach

06-01-2003

Friday, February 24, 2017 - 12:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roteach a private message Print Post    
I think Will will soon be fed up so much with his job and the Administration that he will leave and join the Resistance. I was surprised that he gave his wife his OK to go back to Resistance work.