TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through February 21, 2017

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: This Is Us: ARCHIVES: Archive through February 21, 2017 users admin

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Friday, February 10, 2017 - 3:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
I wasn't sure if that was supposed to be an engagement ring or just a promise ring.

What ever made him wear those shoes! Of course you could see him at night.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Saturday, February 11, 2017 - 12:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I thought it was supposed to be an engagement ring, cause aren't they already engaged? She's not being very nice to him.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, February 11, 2017 - 2:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
The actress is on the cover of the new People with article inside.

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Saturday, February 11, 2017 - 3:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
Thanks Babyjaxmom, I forgot they got engaged for sure. Was that when he was in the hospital?

Yes, People has a good article about Chrissy Metz. I keep mistaking Melissa McCarthy for her.

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Tuesday, February 14, 2017 - 9:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
Sweet show. "You are Jack Pearson's son". Made me tear up. And Kevin taking care of his brother.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, February 14, 2017 - 11:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Sweetness for sure but how many careers were crushed?

Sweet with Kevin and ex wife..

But yeah, sweet with Miguel, Keven with Randall, Toby with Kate.... slowing down a bit, not so sweet with MOM.. wee bit guilty there?

I hope this isn't the point where Jack dies but..

I know Kate may feel responsible and don't see that yet, why she would at that point.

Poor Randall, such stress.

Again, Randall's dad. Good guy but not thinking of his son at times.

Rieann

08-26-2006

Wednesday, February 15, 2017 - 1:07 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rieann a private message Print Post    
I'm a puddle! Kevin rushing to Randall was great. I love Randall so much.

Great scene with Kate and Toby about Jack.

I agree about the scene with Kevin and Miguel as well.

I'm so nervous about when Jack will die. I was thinking drunk driving on the way home from the bar he was at tonight. Now I'm thinking we will see him hit the bottle again for a while. He really enjoyed that bourbon again.

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Wednesday, February 15, 2017 - 6:44 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
They even gave us a background to the annoying stable man.

Poor Kate, getting thrown out because she wouldn't play along with him.

I was holding my breath waiting for Kate to start to tell the story about how her dad died. Then she stopped and we still don't know.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Wednesday, February 15, 2017 - 5:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
When Kate got thrown out of the fat camp because of the owner's son, I was thinking Yelp!!! Also is that legal? Does sexual harassment apply in this situation? He was pretty overt.

Randall's wife (what the heck is her name?) was pretty calm about her mom breaking her hip. My mother (93) fell and broke her hip last summer. It was the Summer from Hell. The nurse at the ER told me it's probably one of the most painful injuries you can have. It's not just a broken bone, but the muscles keep trying to contract and realign the bones. Horrifically painful! My mother (who has dementia) was crying for her parents, who both passed decades ago (over 80 years ago for her dad). It was awful. Then she had not one, but two surgeries because her bones were so soft the first one fell apart. She was in the hospital and a skilled nursing facility for over two months. She will never walk again and will be in a wheelchair for the rest of her life. Because of the dementia, she can't remember that she can't walk and keeps thinking she can just get up and do things. It's horrible. I would not wish the experience on anyone. Sorry to vent, but it just pained me the way she was so cavalier about a broken hip. It's a huge deal, especially for an elderly person. Many times it's the end of them, but my mom is TOUGH.

This show makes me cry every week. I loved Miguel's conversation with Kevin. They resent him for not being their dad. I can see that.

But I was so happy to see Kevin be there for his brother (finally!), even though it will probably be the end of his career. I kept wishing that Randall would just be honest with his boss and ask for a family leave to deal with all he's going through. Sanjay seems to be wanting to help him, rather than to take over. I would hope if he's worked there a long time, they'd be supportive. Some people think they can do everything, though, and just won't ask for help. Maybe he will now.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, February 15, 2017 - 10:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
OH, I was all over getting Kate signed up with Gloria Allred to sue the pants off that guy for sexual harassment and much more and I'm pretty sure they could get corroboration from other women there..

I cannot get sunk into sweet moments that hurt others. Like Kevin, .. for heaven's sake do the play.. yes it is incredible that he put Randall first but he screwed over the playwright.. I mean.. UNDERSTUDY? Or wait an hour? I guess I'm too literal or big picture.

Just as with Randall. Nice home, wife, kids, father to support an hard to get mushy for me when his career is being hosed. OK, maybe he'll come out the other side with a better career but I know how hard it was to avoid being aced out of assignments or jobs (at a lower level than his) so yikes.

But we do learn that Randall had a nervous breakdown as a teen.. so sad.. so here he goes again.

I guess I hate the binary decisions that shouldn't have to be binary.

Dying Father? Job? (and yes I LOVE what we saw in the previews!! Roadtrip) Brother who ignored his brother suddenly, when he reaches out again.. gets it (YAY Kevin) and acts. But again.. his career, and the poor playwright.

Hmm I hope Sanjay wanted to help.. not take over. I hope the boss actually wanted Randall to slow down. But Randall has been rather rude and standoffish and trying to one up Sanjay.. so..

This show does make us think.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Thursday, February 16, 2017 - 8:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
At some point this year or in the next two, Kate will lose the weight? I wonder when it will happen? Is Chrissy wearing a fat suit now. She is currently big in This Is Us. She looks HUGE on Live With Kelly today. She's wearing a beautiful simple blue dress.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Thursday, February 16, 2017 - 4:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
No, I don't believe she is wearing a fat suit. I do hope she loses some of the weight for her own health. She is a beautiful girl. I know how awful I feel carrying extra weight, and mine is nowhere near what she's carrying. She must be so uncomfortable. I know how hard it is to lose those pounds! I hope she's able to do it for her own sake.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Friday, February 17, 2017 - 12:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
She is not. But Toby is wearing one.

Texannie

07-15-2001

Friday, February 17, 2017 - 6:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
I have had the same thought about the real person Kate. She seems bigger in person than she does on the show.

Babyjax, I didn't get the feeling that Randall's wife was being cavalier about her mom breaking her hip. I think she just processes things differently. She is a fixer. She goes into do-er mode, not panic or frantic. She hung up, said what happened and then made her plan to go to her mom.

Kevin realizing what was going on with Randall was wonderful. I don't want Jack to become a drunk. I want Jack to be wonderful in their eyes forever!

Pamy

01-01-2002

Friday, February 17, 2017 - 8:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
the better not have Jack killed and never get chance for him and Rebecca to make up from this argument

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Friday, February 17, 2017 - 10:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
I have had the same thought about the real person Kate. She seems bigger in person than she does on the show.

In other words Chrissy is wearing a fat suit when not on This Is Us? At some point in the future on the show, this season or next (?), we're going to see her loosing weight. Probably have to happen on the show faster than it would in real time. So in real time it could be happening now -- therefore the fat suit off the show.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Saturday, February 18, 2017 - 11:02 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
No, she is not wearing a fat suit. She is just heavy. They mainly show her standing up on the show. When she sits down she looks heavier.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, February 18, 2017 - 11:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Most of us do.. shorter and wider and that camera angle...

Scotchbright

10-05-2006

Tuesday, February 21, 2017 - 12:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scotchbright a private message Print Post    
I just caught up on the show (up to "You're Kevin Pearson's son") and wow - I can be emotional but this show had me crying at several times in this episode:

Toby talking about his depression and suicidal thoughts/actions;
Kate *not* talking about her dad's death;
Randall's emotions when he left the house after his dad locked the hospice nurse out of the house;
Miguel telling Kevin that he reminds him (Miguel) of Jack by Kevin's hand gestures and walk;
Kevin pulling Randall to him in the side hug in the office at the end.

I think Jack starts his drinking obsession again and that will be his downfall...weren't the kids infants/toddlers when Rebecca gave him the ultimatum about drinking? And that was around the time he gave her the moon necklace?

Texannie

07-15-2001

Tuesday, February 21, 2017 - 7:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
Love how they tacked adoption

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Tuesday, February 21, 2017 - 8:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
I'm in tears. Wow, just wow.

Snoopsmom

02-19-2003

Tuesday, February 21, 2017 - 9:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Snoopsmom a private message Print Post    
Tonight's episode needed a full box of tissues.
So well done and heart wrenching.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Tuesday, February 21, 2017 - 9:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Tearjerker tonight! Big time.

And in next week's preview, hint that alcohol could have been Jack's downfall.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Tuesday, February 21, 2017 - 10:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
At soon as they started, I knew how this was going to end. Yes, lots of tissues.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, February 21, 2017 - 11:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Whoo... I think I'm dehydrated from tears and emotions..

Just remember to breathe...