TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through February 05, 2017

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: The 100: Archive through February 05, 2017 users admin

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Friday, May 06, 2016 - 6:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
I think I understand that. What confused me was all of them waking up on the same island, where they had been before.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Friday, May 06, 2016 - 9:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
"What confused me was all of them waking up on the same island, where they had been before."

Gotcha. :-)

They got to that place with the stacked rocks from a map in Lincoln's journal. I thought it was a small peninsula on a river, not an island, but I could be wrong. When Clarke's group was taken to that oil well platform in the ocean they had to drink that concoction before they left so they'd pass out and wouldn't know what direction they were taken or how long it took to get there.

At the end when they drank from the cups they were given, it was just to knock them out again so they could be taken back to where they were picked up. (And probably to keep Clarke's mouth shut because she was being so persistent! :-))

Now Clarke and friends are back at the place with the stacked rocks and they have no idea where that platform is located.

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Friday, May 13, 2016 - 6:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
Good show. From the previews, I don't see how Clark getting chipped will help anything. But they have to do something. Allie is just evil.

Rissa

03-19-2006

Friday, May 13, 2016 - 6:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rissa a private message Print Post    
If they chip Clarke then she will tell Ali the code to activate the flame. Only one more episode to find out. Lol

I don't understand why Raven couldn't generate a "dirty bomb" that would blanket a large portion of the sky with an EMP pulse. Wouldn't that be easier than the complicated bracelet scheme?

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Friday, May 13, 2016 - 7:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
From what I've read, this is based on a book or books. Had anybody read them? The show has been renewed. I hope next season is based on something else.

Spunky

10-07-2001

Saturday, May 14, 2016 - 7:45 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
Sometimes they cut to another scene too quickly, I saw someone shooting the former leader of the 100 but did he die? Then a quick scene where Pike went down, but did he die? Then another scene where Kane went down, but did he die? All these characters that seem ready to die, like Clarke's mother when she hung herself, but suddenly they're back alive and well. I guess next final episode will explain a lot, but how awful the 'chip' situation, imagine if everyone ingested that chip, it would be a virtual world instead of our old earth...

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Saturday, May 14, 2016 - 11:05 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Won't happen. Show would be over. I'm putting my money on Raven. Raven will save the day!

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Thursday, May 19, 2016 - 8:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
It was kinda cool seeing Lexa again. And taking on an army! Wonder what next season will be about? the nuclear plants melting down?

Spunky

10-07-2001

Friday, May 20, 2016 - 10:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
I think the nuclear plants melting down was an excuse to delay Clarke, the meltdown had already occurred a century earlier, wasn't that the reason they built the Ark and try to survive in space? The kill switch was an efficient way to put an end to the chaotic situation but obviously our producers are already thinking of some other chaos for next season and I'm looking forward to it.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Saturday, May 21, 2016 - 1:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
I'm thinking next season will be them looking for that prime estate....the 4% that will still be habitable in 6 months.

If Ali was lying about causing all those power plant meltdowns, wouldn't Ali 2.0 have known it was a lie and told Clarke? I also think Clarke would've known her history and would've known if the power plants had already had meltdowns (or not} a hundred years ago.

Each season seems to end with a new event that's carried forward and changes the direction of the story. Season 1 ended with the adults coming down from the ark. Season 2 ended with Isaiah Washington's character meeting Ali for the first time. The only thing introduced at the end of this 3rd season was the idea that the earth will only have 4% of habitable land in 6 months.

That's my guess anyhow.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Saturday, May 21, 2016 - 10:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I was confused for a while about whether the power plant meltdowns were in flashback. It was definitely radiation that sent people to the ark (remember that radiation mutated deer in the first season?) but presumably it was weapons.

Have the nuclear plants been manned all these years, or were they somehow shut down so they could be safe? I don't know enough about how they work.

But I think in the show it was meant to be real, and that will be the fight next season, to find ways to survive.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Saturday, May 21, 2016 - 8:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
"Have the nuclear plants been manned all these years, or were they somehow shut down so they could be safe?"

I figure they were shut down a hundred years ago when society started falling apart. If they realized they didn't have the resources to keep them manned with trained nuclear physicists and engineers, they'd probably do that as a safety measure to keep them from melting down because they weren't being being maintained.

To get them set up to cause a meltdown, I suppose she could've sent some of her army of zombies to go to those plants and do whatever physical work was needed to get them to that point. Also, didn't she say something about having drones? (I assumed she was referring to unmanned robotic technology of some kind...but when you think about it, her new army is basically a collection of human drones.)

I'd buy that kind of simplistic Hollywood explanation.:-) I think this show has long passed the point where we can hold them to strict reality based possibilities. They crossed that line a long time ago! Besides, if they were being really realistic, this show wouldn't be nearly as much fun as it has become!

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Monday, May 23, 2016 - 8:30 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
SFJF, we saw Alie's drones in the air both at the island where they first met her and also when our friends were at the drop site. She has some drones that fly.

I'm wondering if she was able to access the computers that control the nuclear power plants and set something in motion there. But I don't understand the point if it would just kill off all her minions. I'm glad they stopped her, but I'm still confused.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Monday, May 23, 2016 - 2:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
"But I don't understand the point if it would just kill off all her minions. I'm glad they stopped her, but I'm still confused."

She can have her cake and eat it too.

Remember, after the Asian guy killed his own mother, she was still "alive" in the City of Light until Raven deleted her from the program (or did the Asian guy delete her?). Anyhow, she was dead in the physical world, but we now know that Ali keeps copies of everyone who has been chipped in her virtual City of Light.

I think since Ali herself is a virtual "being", the City of Light is her "reality". Ali could destroy 100% of the people on earth and she would still be safely tucked away in her virtual City of Light on that server along with all her virtual army of people who have been chipped. As long as her program is running (and it's probably pretty safe on that server orbiting the earth) Ali's "reality" is safe.

I believe the physical people were just a means to an end for Ali. She used them to get as many humans as possible chipped so she could keep their "perfect" digital versions safe in her virtual kingdom. It's as if Ali thinks of their physical bodies as their "avatars" in the real world, useful only as long as they are doing physical tasks that need to get done to achieve her goal. Once that happens they can die but she still has their virtual versions in her virtual City.

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Saturday, September 03, 2016 - 5:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
Anybody know when this show starts back? I see advertisements for other returning shows, and I remember, I couldn't watch everything. Had to make arrangements to watch some shows online.

Rissa

03-19-2006

Saturday, September 03, 2016 - 5:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rissa a private message Print Post    
Netflix isn't the greatest for a big heads up on their premieres but season 3 began Jan of 2016 and season 4 just says 2017. I would assume it will be first week of January, same as prior season.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Monday, January 23, 2017 - 12:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Season 4 begins on Feb. 1st. Yay! I really hope they do a recap episode beforehand, cause I so don't remember all the details!

http://www.eonline.com/news/823673/the-100-faces-a-fiery-new-danger-in-the-stunning-season-4-poster

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Monday, January 23, 2017 - 8:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
Looks interesting!

Sportsfan

09-03-2007

Tuesday, January 24, 2017 - 9:07 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sportsfan a private message Print Post    
Looks awesome, can't wait!

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Wednesday, February 01, 2017 - 3:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
bump

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Wednesday, February 01, 2017 - 9:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
Seems like it is going back to how the show was before.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Thursday, February 02, 2017 - 3:08 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
Except Clarke lost a lot of her tangled, messy hair extensions and everyone else was wearing ratty rags but she was sporting a black leather bustier....and she looked like she got a boob job (but maybe that was just the low cut neckline...not exactly "battle-wear"). I was distracted because it just looked like Clarke got a makeover while everyone else was fighting. Color me perplexed.

Oh yeah. I had to laugh when Bellamy said something like "Look at all we've been through, we won't let a little radiation get us down".

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Saturday, February 04, 2017 - 3:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
SFJF, I noticed that too!!! Color me shallow, but I suspect Clarke got a boob job over the hiatus. I don't remember the girls being so prominent before!

I completely forgot half of what happened on this show last season and who everybody is! Guess I'll go check out Wikipedia to see if I can reorient myself.

Ugh. It sucks to get old.

Spunky

10-07-2001

Saturday, February 04, 2017 - 4:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
The actors really look like they've being in that hellish place for a very very long time, older looking and very very tired looking. So, when they say that they only have 6 months to live before the ballfire arrives, maybe it will be the end of the series. I'd like to think that there won't be a total extinction, maybe something will survive the fireball, a small creature still living underground... and let evolution take hold like millions years ago... we will be remembered by them like we remember the dinosaurs. Why not, we still have 6 billions years left of our solar system, who knows what could happen... We're only 1 minute history compared to the billion years in our natural calendar.

Well, they gave you the ending... I'm just speculating.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Sunday, February 05, 2017 - 11:38 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I'm thinking they'll find a way to survive. I don't see this show ending that way as long as it's getting decent ratings and making money.

Anybody remember a movie named "Knowing" that came out several years ago (2009)? {Caution: Spoilers ahead.}

It starred Nicolas Cage. "M.I.T. professor John Koestler links a mysterious list of numbers from a time capsule to past and future disasters and sets out to prevent the ultimate catastrophe." It was kind of fun till the end when the world blew up and everybody died. Super depressing!