TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through February 10, 2017

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: This Is Us: ARCHIVES: Archive through February 10, 2017 users admin

Pamy

01-01-2002

Thursday, January 26, 2017 - 3:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Dogdoc, I thought the same thing!

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Thursday, January 26, 2017 - 5:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Kevin's wife was Ricks's GF on Walking dead

Pamy, thank you! I thought she looked familiar.

I thought doctor K was going to take his wife's pills and he went out to dinner instead! I was fooled again!

Dogdoc, I have no clue what you're talking about?

I'm with you, Sea. I don't want Kate to hook up with Rude Horse Guy. She'll break Toby's heart!

Pamy

01-01-2002

Thursday, January 26, 2017 - 8:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
babyjmom, she is referring to last week's ep. he is the doc that delivered the twins

Strategist

07-01-2014

Friday, January 27, 2017 - 7:14 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Strategist a private message Print Post    
I don't like the rude horse guy either. It seems like he might be the kind of person who takes advantage of many women who come to the camp hurt and broken.

I think that's another aspect of life for Kate. She is someone who has spent most of their life feeling alone and not loved. It would be no surprise if she makes a horrible mistake with the horse guy and regrets it later. I think being in love and feeling loved is a new thing for her.

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the show!

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Tuesday, January 31, 2017 - 7:29 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
At the end of last week's show, the preview for this week made it sound like a new one, but my online tv guide says it's a repeat, The Trip.

Cinnamongirl

01-10-2001

Tuesday, January 31, 2017 - 12:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cinnamongirl a private message Print Post    
I think you're right. Ive read two websites that say the next new show is Feb 7th

wahhhhhhhhhh

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Tuesday, January 31, 2017 - 12:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Bummer. I was really looking forward to a new show tonight. I'll probably watch anyway, maybe glean some more information about the future.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Tuesday, January 31, 2017 - 7:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
I will too! I love this show

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, January 31, 2017 - 8:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I would rewatch but recently watched the marathon.

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Tuesday, January 31, 2017 - 8:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
They are showing the trip. A little late.

Gurliegirl

06-20-2006

Thursday, February 02, 2017 - 6:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gurliegirl a private message Print Post    
I recorded it on my DVR. Went to watch yesterday afternoon and got The Wall. The stupid game show, The Wall.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, February 08, 2017 - 12:49 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Whoa..

NOOOOO, Kate, not Cabin 13! But as an interview with the writer said.. they did jump into things, quickly, like engagement.

And.. five state tour? ACK..

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Wednesday, February 08, 2017 - 9:21 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
It was a bit of a weird episode to me. It sort of appears that Jack does everything to keep the mom happy, especially if she goes on the 5 state tour. That's got to wear on him as life goes on. Full time job... and taking care of 3 teenagers while she's off singing with an ex-boyfriend.

Randall's controlled life seems to be coming down around him as his father gets more and more closer to death. All his walls are coming down and he doesn't know what to do.

Kevin.... well, he's just a mess, but an adorable mess.

Kate..... She's also a bit of a mess. Cabin 13 No! But, then, Toby was pretty annoying in the camp. If you remember, they were both that way at the fancy Hollywood party. Now, Kate's changing and Toby is still Toby.

BTW, a memory box is a wonderful idea. I have 2 of them. It really did help with the grieving.

Cindylouwho

01-27-2009

Wednesday, February 08, 2017 - 9:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cindylouwho a private message Print Post    
Nooooo Kate! I hate to say this but I haven't been a big Toby fan from the beginning. I know I'm in the minority on that! For two weeks, my DVR has only recorded a few minutes of the show so I downloaded the NBC app on my phone and have been able to catch it. Last night wasn't one of my favorite episodes but they can't all be. I just love the characters. What the heck was that with Randall's hand shaking?

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, February 08, 2017 - 12:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I worry about Randall's hand.. stress? Beginning of serious health issue?

And yes.. he has always had such control and cannot cut ✂ himself any slack.

I love 💘 the memory box idea.

Scotchbright

10-05-2006

Wednesday, February 08, 2017 - 3:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scotchbright a private message Print Post    
I like the memory box idea too.

I'm hoping that Kate's proximity to Cabin 13, as promo'd, is just a red herring and nothing more.

Kevin is an adorable mess...lol. That he is. He's a lot like Jack (his dad) from what we've been shown, in his romantic gestures and attachments at least. Cheating on Sophie wasn't a great action though.

Randall, sigh...he's really coming apart at the seams right now isn't he? I'm hoping the hand shaking was just stress from the day/week/month he's having and not the onset of a disease for him.

Jack and Rebecca seem to have a fairy tale romance, with bumps and potholes but overall what we've been shown is very lovely. I think, personally, even though a married couple may see what's going wrong or difficulties in a marriage, but even romantic gestures don't cure all. If a wife is frustrated by her husbands lack of help around the house, a bold romantic gesture eases the frustration temporarily but doesn't erase it. I'm hoping they can make it together (even though we know he dies when the kids are teens).

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Wednesday, February 08, 2017 - 3:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
When I'm cleaning out closets, I still come across some 'memories' for one box or another. The boxes are very special to me. To someone else, they would look like a bunch of papers and junk in a box.

Sportsfan

09-03-2007

Wednesday, February 08, 2017 - 8:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sportsfan a private message Print Post    
I really love Randall and his family.

Marameko

07-14-2002

Thursday, February 09, 2017 - 5:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marameko a private message Print Post    
I agree Sportsfan a wonderful family. I was not familiar with Randal now the actors who play his wife and biological Father.

Gldnlvr

08-03-2007

Thursday, February 09, 2017 - 11:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gldnlvr a private message Print Post    
I love Randall also and his wife. The actor who plays him has done a ton of tv shows, most recently The People vs OJ Simpson (he played Christopher Darden).

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, February 09, 2017 - 11:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I love Randall and his family. His dad is a charmer with much to share but it seems he sometimes doesn't respect how hard Randall works. I think the writer's take is that Randall needs to stop and smell the roses, spend time while he can with said father, and with his kids.. though his wife schools him on that.

But tge boss telling him to hand off half of his hard won accounts to this new rival.. in real life.. not a good thing. And dropping in unannounced at work, not so good.

But Randall is so driven that he probably does need to slow down, stop feeling he has to be the one keeping the world spinning.

I did read that many things stem from Jack, from his death, who feels responsible.. but they sure won't tell us more for now.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Thursday, February 09, 2017 - 7:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
I thought this ep wasnt up to par with the rest. I still love it but something is off.

I really wish they hadnt already written that Jack dies young.

I was kinda hoping that Miguel's wife and Jack died in a tragic accident and thats why Rebecca and Miguel end up together.

Strategist

07-01-2014

Thursday, February 09, 2017 - 8:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Strategist a private message Print Post    
Pamy, it could still happen.

Uncle_ricky

07-02-2007

Thursday, February 09, 2017 - 8:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Uncle_ricky a private message Print Post    
I agree, Pamy! The pressure the writers must face to keep the storlyine quality at a sky-high level has to be pretty intense. The Kevin and ex-wife angle felt, as you say, a bit off to me. I think she was introduced a little too abruptly, whereas we got to (slowly) get to know his other love interests, the snotty British actress and the mousey playwright.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Friday, February 10, 2017 - 3:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
When Toby handed her his grandmother's ring, I was yelling at the TV, "No, Kate! Tell him to come back!" And I was hoping she'd go report that jerk to the front office. People are paying a ton of money to be at a camp like that. His negative attitude is sabotaging their clients, to say nothing of manipulating their vulnerability. What a ------ (please insert favorite derogatory term here--I didn't want to incur the wrath of the dreaded red dots).

Plus I just have to say, I sing too, but would never consider leaving my family to pursue it. I have to be happy with singing at church. I couldn't leave my husband and my son to follow a music career.