TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through January 26, 2017

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Random Discussions: ARCHIVES: Archive through January 26, 2017 users admin

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Tuesday, January 03, 2017 - 11:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
yeah but professional lie detectors don't just require you to hold on to two handles like from an arcade game, they connect to parts of your body that reveal blood pressure or heart beats. Sorry a scam is a scam whether it is dressed up as a religion or not. The way they made money from suckers or bullied people into continuing makes it not a religion to me.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Wednesday, January 04, 2017 - 8:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Exactly Sadiesmom (I'm co-signing your post)

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, January 04, 2017 - 6:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Last night's episode had me sobbing. The story about the twin brothers. I just can't even find a way to understand how people would or could choose Scientology over their own children, or any family member.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, January 04, 2017 - 8:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
That was really emotional and real and raw..

With some dark humor about Sue, the neighbor, who was fine with disconnecting from the CHILDREN but said the DOG wouldn't understand!

The living twin mentioned that his wife was working for Narconon.. which years ago was already considered a cult by the Cult Awareness Network.

As for the auditors.. they "train" kids to be auditors.. I suspect an actual professional trained to do lie detector interpretation would not equate the two..

And they told how David Miscavige would just change everything to a new truth when he decided to.

David just took over after LRH died.. he wasn't appointed BY LRH to the position.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Wednesday, January 04, 2017 - 9:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Was she working there currently? Or in the past?

Narconon is a known affiliate of Scientology, so I'd be surprised if they would allow her to continue working there if they were designated suppressive persons.

Chitchat58

07-25-2008

Wednesday, January 04, 2017 - 9:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chitchat58 a private message Print Post    
I find it odd how every man who leaves Scientology has either been accused of beating his wife or into drugs, you think they could be just a little bit more creative.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, January 04, 2017 - 10:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Kar, she WAS working for Narconon. As a result of the husband leaving, his wife was booted from working at Narconon and the children were booted from a private school run by a Scientologist.

She wasn't a suppressive person (yet) but her husband was.

Now she is and her mom and step dad live across the street but won't dare interacte with their grandkids, who run over to see grandma, because the mom is scared to be in trouble with Scientology (this is the mother of the guy who left Scientology; his wife did leave in time).

Interesting that Cult Awareness Network had identified Narconon as a cult before I ever heard about Scientology.

===

It was sad learning that the twin brother, after he was praised as the best auditor, first person to pass some test, then Miscavige arbitrarily re structured the test so the kid was suddenly not the top guy, then later he was declared unfit to be in Sea Org or at Flag.. wherever he was that was special, so at 15 they just sent him back to Philadelphia on his own and it never occurred to his MOTHER not to just let him go back.

He had to get a GED since Scientology doesn't send kids to actual school, but he got the GED, was doing really well at a university and then had the accident and died and his twin only got the news sort of roundabout. He did go to the funeral and saw how his brother had all sorts of friends who loved him and they all talked about how much he hated Scientology (for taking his whole family, including his twin, away).. and how sad to lose his twin forever when I think he maybe had held out hope that someday they would reunite.

Ah that episode.. I watched it twice.. just tore me up.

Granjan

05-10-2011

Thursday, January 05, 2017 - 1:19 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Granjan a private message Print Post    
This organization is just evil. I don't understand how seemingly intelligent people would want to belong to it.

I worry about the safety of Leah and the man who is with her.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Thursday, January 05, 2017 - 9:44 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Granjan, I worry about their safety also.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Thursday, January 05, 2017 - 10:07 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
And what is up with all of these "investigators" that the Church is hiring to follow Lisa and Mike?

Scotchbright

10-05-2006

Thursday, January 05, 2017 - 12:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scotchbright a private message Print Post    
I would hope that Leah is safer now that she's gone this far into publicly explaining Scientology than she was before - because if anything should happen to her, they'd be the first to be suspected. Anyone associated with Scientology better hope she lives a long, active, healthy life...

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, January 05, 2017 - 3:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
They have so much money, so many attorneys, etc.. they managed to skate in the Lisa McPherson death.. but Leah is out, public and does have support and resources..

I think they will try to get at her by intimidating those who would hire her..

Mizinvanccouver

02-21-2003

Thursday, January 05, 2017 - 9:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mizinvanccouver a private message Print Post    
Ya, that last episode was harsh. Was funny about the the crazy neighbour and the dog.

Seamonkey, who is Lisa? I'm going to go Google her now.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Sunday, January 08, 2017 - 4:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
So the guy's mother was there but she didn't want to be on camera. Did they say where his wife was? It sounds like you can't swing a cat by its tail without hitting a Scientologist in Clearwater, Florida. This episode was very raw.

I would hope this would re-open the missing person's case on Shelly Miscavige. She hasn't been seen in over 10 years. David Miscavige is enough of a psychopath to kill her and then fly to Italy for Tom Cruise's wedding.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Monday, January 09, 2017 - 7:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
I don't understand how seemingly intelligent people would want to belong to it.
I knew from my one friend that was stalked by them (in the 70's) that they tried to make her feel bad about being over weight. She might have been overweight, but she always had strong confidence, so that would not work, the young girl in my apartment building that thought the way to a singing career was through scientology was not the brightest light and was sought by them two pronged make her feel her life was valueless without them and dangle superstars that were believers and the powers she would have to control others. (she told me she could break my leg if she wanted to, I asked her why would she want to? )
So I guess you make people feel their life would have no value without scientology. Also they lie about the Thetons part of the story so you don't start with the space aliens. So they look for a weakness, a hole that needs to be filled and then lie until people are so involved they can't get out. I think the reason you don't see it as much is that they are concentrating on people with families involved, most came in with their parents, and their whole life is there, more people are solo members, they come and go, they are not members of sea org, the majority of members have outside jobs and get into debt over this.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Tuesday, January 10, 2017 - 1:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
"Ya, that last episode was harsh. Was funny about the the crazy neighbour and the dog. "

He should've told her that his dog had "disconnected" from her.

Marameko

07-14-2002

Sunday, January 15, 2017 - 11:19 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marameko a private message Print Post    
Anyone watching "Sneaky Pete " on Netflix ? It's the tale of a con man trying to protect his brother . Bonging now and it's a good show.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Wednesday, January 18, 2017 - 11:38 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
Well I have to drop watching some shows. So disgusted - I don't watch that many but some times 3 of them are on against each other and I don't want to watch anything else on that night. So I was using On demand to catch up - well Verizon just redesigned on demand to be unusable - seriously unusable!! They used to have TV and all the shows they listed were free - well now they mix free and paid TV, and it is hard to tell, but not only that, but instead of listing shows in text they are showing 6 pictures of shows per page, not all of the shows are identifiable by these pictures , you have to wand over them to see some names, others don't have names to go with them. YOu then pick the show and get to choose the episode, maybe it is free, maybe not - some just aired shows now cost money that were free in the past, only after you choose the show do you find out if it is free or not. You can spend hours trying to find what you want. I don't care to learn the system. but yes, Verizon,. you have finally forced me to buy a smart TV and netflix. Soon I will only have basic TV and save 100 dollars. Oh and buy a new router, since you say I am renting the one that came with my service before. Lucky that the volume control on my TV no longer responds to the remote (had not for 6 months, real pain getting up to raise and lower the volume like old days, heh, something snapped, I heard it in the TV. not a remote problem, a TV problem.)
Such a silly thing to be the final straw. and Whoo hoo, I can bring back my VCR. for network shows. ha ha . I had a great VCR, it recognized ads, with out fail and would fast forward so I didn't have to click on it.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Wednesday, January 18, 2017 - 11:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Per homeboy Sean Hayes on Facebook --

"It is with great excitement that I can confirm and OFFICIALLY announce here today that “Will & Grace” is coming back for a 10-episode limited run on @NBC during the 2017/18 season. Bring out the sweater vests!!!"

Cass_cat

05-09-2011

Wednesday, January 18, 2017 - 3:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cass_cat a private message Print Post    
That sounds fun! Kind of a let's catch up them now.

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, January 18, 2017 - 3:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Awwww, Debbie Reynolds isn't here for it :-(

Spear

08-05-2001

Saturday, January 21, 2017 - 12:14 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spear a private message Print Post    
I thought "The Good Place" has been okay but the season finale was a very nice surprise. I hope it gets renewed.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Saturday, January 21, 2017 - 4:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
I amn so confused - I just can't image how the good place continues, will it be renamed to the bad place? will they get to the bad place? I did like why they were all there, ha ha .

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Sunday, January 22, 2017 - 4:17 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Regarding Leah's documentary - it ended with a "to be concluded" (when they were going to the New York attorney's office) and then this week on her "Ask Leah" episode she said they came into information or something like that. This week is the 20/20 special from a couple of weeks ago (I missed it so I'm looking forward to seeing it). It sounds like the documentary is edited right up until air date and it's not over. I'm just confused when it is coming back and what is going on.

Kappy

06-28-2002

Thursday, January 26, 2017 - 7:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
CBS is having an hour long special on tonight honoring Mary Tyler Moore. I just heard it on the news and they said 8 pm for here in Northern California.

I want to go back and watch her whole series! I had forgotten how much I didn't like Betty White's character, LOL.