TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through January 26, 2017

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: This Is Us: ARCHIVES: Archive through January 26, 2017 users admin

Uncle_ricky

07-02-2007

Wednesday, January 18, 2017 - 4:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Uncle_ricky a private message Print Post    
And here's some insight from the show's creator (speaking at the TCA press tour) about what's ahead in seasons 2 and 3:

http://deadline.com/2017/01/this-is-us-spinoff-surprise-dan-fogelman-1201889248/

In case you're wondering what TCA is:
http://www.thewrap.com/what-is-tca-a-short-explainer/

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, January 18, 2017 - 6:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
TWO more seasons announced!!!

EXCELLENT.

I DID like this episode and I love Jack, but usually we see him on most episodes and I still love the adult kids too. especially Randall and his kids and his WIFE..

I love how naïve he can be at times and I love her expressions at those times.

And his bio dad.. I liked that in the preview for next week he was feeling much better off chemo and I HOPE he's around as long as possible because I like his character a lot.

He is kind of the glue.. in that he's been able to relate to various people and draw them out.

Heck, I just like this show..

Now back to Ric's first link but when I read it was renewed for TWO SEASONS, I had to post!!

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Wednesday, January 18, 2017 - 8:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
I cried through the entire ep. Especially when Jack told his buddies that he wanted to be with his wife even if she was acting like a woman possessed. LOL

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Thursday, January 19, 2017 - 8:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
Two more seasons of crying every Tuesday night

Strategist

07-01-2014

Thursday, January 19, 2017 - 9:17 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Strategist a private message Print Post    
Another great episode! Love that they bring in just enough new characters each episode so that we can keep them straight. It takes us into so many interesting directions. And I love that we get to "feel" things from different people's perspective. Hopefully, this show will never get stale.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Thursday, January 19, 2017 - 9:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
I like that they attribute the success to Milo's bum..... which we saw a snippet of again on Tuesday. A very nice bum, it is. I will never look at a terrible towel the same.

Cinnamongirl

01-10-2001

Thursday, January 19, 2017 - 11:16 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cinnamongirl a private message Print Post    
Thats it UncleRicky... Gracepoint!! Thanks! :-)

Scout

01-19-2005

Thursday, January 19, 2017 - 3:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scout a private message Print Post    
Love this series - best drama in such a long, long time. Great episode, but did miss the other characters. An hour is not long enough!

Pamy

01-01-2002

Thursday, January 19, 2017 - 8:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
the only negative is that we know Jack dies young. I love him and I want him to grow old with Mandy Moore!

Pamy

01-01-2002

Thursday, January 19, 2017 - 8:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
oh and let me just say that when they decide to show us when and how Jack dies, I think I will need a valium to get thru the ep because I will be bawling!!!!

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, January 19, 2017 - 10:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
The fatsuit adds 150 pounds.

Milo says there is a point where he shaves the moustache and he, the character changes. He knew going in that Jack was dead and he was ok with that.

Originally they were going to call the show 36.. as it was tge big 3's 36th birthday.

They were doing press photos and Milo nixed the wearing of birthday hats and they were all grateful for that.

This was all on tv.

Whrlwnd

10-13-2006

Friday, January 20, 2017 - 9:10 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Whrlwnd a private message Print Post    
This week's was my favorite episode since the first (and I've enjoyed them all). I loved being with Jack and Rebecca all hour. It made part of me want to stay in 1980, and follow the story forward from there. :-)

I've said this before and I'll probably say it again ... I adore Jack so much! For me, he is the heart of the show. I love William, too, though, he tugs on my heart strings almost as much as Jack.

Such a good show!

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, January 20, 2017 - 2:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Ric's link had the producer explaining that he doesn't want any spinoffs in the near future.. wants to keep the show covering past and present as it now does.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, January 20, 2017 - 2:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Oh and on et they also said that originally they planned to reveal that Jack was deceased, but decided to hold off.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Friday, January 20, 2017 - 6:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Love this show. It makes me cry every week. But I wish people would stop characterizing those who give up children for adoption as being heartless, horrible people. In my mind it's the greatest sacrifice a parent can make. William did not leave Randall at the fire station because he was a "horrible person." He wanted his son to have a better life than he was able to give him. It was the most loving thing he was able to do for him.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Tuesday, January 24, 2017 - 9:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Couple more characters added this week. One played by actor Adam Bartley / Ferg from Longmire.

Did we have any indication before that Jack had died while the kids were still young?

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Tuesday, January 24, 2017 - 11:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
No, they looked like teenagers to me. Another wonderful episode. Kate is amazing. Jack is the perfect dad. Kevin has a bit more depth. Randall and his dad.... sweet.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, January 25, 2017 - 12:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Yeah.. I ran it back and forth.. they were teens.. at least not 10 for sure. Kevin and Randall looked more adult. Kate was shown at an angle, possibly played by the actress from a somewhat younger age.

And Jack had scruff on his face so I can relax as long as he is cleaner shaven in a scene, right?

And we find out that Kevin married Kate's best friend (or who was her bestie at 10, but maybe she was really after Kevin) and they are divorced and when he's told to think of the love of his life, he goes to her, not either of his recent women.

I'm protective of Toby so I don't like this triangle thing.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Wednesday, January 25, 2017 - 6:30 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
I think of "young" as being teen kids, not little kids.

Did we have any indication before how old the kids were when he died other than Kate watching football with her father? Because of that I would have expected her to be some older.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Wednesday, January 25, 2017 - 9:45 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
I loved that, at the end after all the parties were done, the kids gave the dad the birthday present that he wanted...

It looked like Sophie was wearing scrubs, so she must be in the medical field in some capacity.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Wednesday, January 25, 2017 - 9:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Here's an interview with Milo.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/us-star-milo-ventimiglia-heartbreaking-000000908.html

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Wednesday, January 25, 2017 - 10:45 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
We knew he went to the football game when they were teens so it was after that.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Wednesday, January 25, 2017 - 8:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
I was glad that he didnt die when they were 10. I bawl every week. Best show ever!

Kevin's wife was Ricks's GF on Walking dead

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, January 26, 2017 - 12:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Kooklie, great link.. and also the interview with the writer.. more info.

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Thursday, January 26, 2017 - 9:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
I have always hated shows that went back and forth in time and place.

I love this show! I like that they go back and forth in place and time.

I thought doctor K was going to take his wife's pills and he went out to dinner instead! I was fooled again!