TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through April 22, 2016

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Scandal: Archive through April 22, 2016 users admin

Muffin

08-29-2007

Sunday, November 22, 2015 - 6:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Muffin a private message Print Post    
I just finished watching Scandal, the finale winter season, and Olivia did not even see her father at the end, nor did she try to shoot him! I believe people might be viewing a different season. This show did show Mellie's filibuster re Planned Parenthood, but not Olivia holding a gun to her father.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Monday, November 23, 2015 - 12:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
Muffin, the article I linked to above said Olivia pointed Roman's own gun at him and pulled the trigger in the "winter finale" and that article was dated November 2014. That's when she did actually did it.

"The choice to use protection. NOT the choice to end a living human being's life"

Exactly. And Planned Parenthood offers that protection to women who need it. Take away PP and you take away the very services that allow women to make their choices before they become pregnant.

Muffin

08-29-2007

Monday, November 23, 2015 - 12:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Muffin a private message Print Post    
Thanks Sanfran, I never clicked on the link. I had assumed that it was this last show that was being discussed.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Monday, November 23, 2015 - 1:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
It's interesting what people enjoy and don't enjoy watching. For example, some viewers disliked Mellie's filibuster for Planned Parenthood but are okay watching when immoral, horrible, self-centered characters lie, cheat, torture people and commit murder, as a regular and ongoing part of the series.

By the way, I still enjoy the show, though Olivia frequently irritates the blazes out of me.

Tvwatcher

04-16-2004

Monday, November 23, 2015 - 9:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tvwatcher a private message Print Post    
I wish they would get back to the case of the week - I'm so sick of B613 and papa Pope!

With my luck, mama Pope will be coming back soon...gah!

Texannie

07-15-2001

Tuesday, November 24, 2015 - 4:36 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
me too!!!!

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Tuesday, November 24, 2015 - 6:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I agree. It's okay to have story arcs but the individual stories add interest and variety.

Olivia seems very unreasonable and selfish. Surely she could tough it out as First Lady for a couple of years. Plus she was practically running the country in the prior episode so she was making a significant contribution. It's hard for me to feel much sympathy for her whereas I can feel some sympathy for the other characters, even as flawed as they are.

Melfie1222

07-29-2002

Thursday, November 26, 2015 - 12:49 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Melfie1222 a private message Print Post    
Misspoufy, I did not mention 1 in 3 with a blitheful intent. My intent was to point out that everyone knows at least one woman close to them - a friend, a relative, who has had an abortion. Even though the friends, relatives, don't always know, which was my purpose in writing that. My intent was to try to point out that most likely some of your friends, relatives have had an abortion, and maybe you'd have more empathy if you knew that 'those women' are women you know. I wonder if you'd say to a friend or relative in person, 'you shouldn't have gone to the bedroom or to the back seat'.... if it were a close friend or a close relative instead of one of 'those women'.

NOW back to Scandal. Olivia's selfishness has bothered me for weeks, especially when it comes to Jake. I was hoping he'd stop taking her calls, yay Jake. This is starting to feel like a glorified soap opera with Olivia moving in and out of the White House on a moment's notice and Olivia and Fitz acting like teenagers and shouting and pouting a lot.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Thursday, November 26, 2015 - 1:19 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
"This is starting to feel like a glorified soap opera..."

This it totally a soap opera!

The president murdered a chief justice and a whole airplane of civilians and started a war to get his girlfriend back. His father raped his wife on their wedding night. Olivia fell in love with Jake, who murdered the Chief of Staff's (Cyrus's) husband just as they adopted a baby. Olivia stole the election to get Fitz elected. The president's son was murdered. The president was shot in the head. Huck, Olivia's friend and employee, slashed a bus load of jurors to death (I forget why...but the First Lady was involved) and Huck has killed countless others. Olivia was kidnapped and held in a fake prison cell in a warehouse for months under orders from the new VP until they gave him a drug that caused him to have a stroke...on the same rug in the same WH office where the previous VP murdered her husband because he was gay. Olivia's father kept her mother secretly captive in an underground cell for 20 years because she was a spy. Cyrus wound up sleeping with a male prostitute who worked for someone who blackmailed him and then Cyrus married him to keep a lid on it all. A secret service agent who worked for Olivia's father is the person who murdered the president's son. The president dumped his First Lady who became a senator and then he moved his mistress (Olivia) into the WH and she became the de facto president because she could manipulate him so easily. Oh yeah...and when Olivia gets upset she searches for and finds the mason jar of moonshine that the First Lady left for her in the presidential bedroom suite.

This is just the stuff I can think of off the top of my head....there is much, much more.

Yes...no doubt about it, this show is truly the soapiest soap opera that ever existed. I don't think there is a single "good guy" in the whole damn show.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Thursday, November 26, 2015 - 7:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
That's a brilliant exposition, Sanfran. It's so funny when it's all listed out. I thoroughly enjoyed it and had a silly grin on my face the whole time I was reading it.

Texannie

07-15-2001

Thursday, November 26, 2015 - 7:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
great job, sanfran!!! it's too funny reading that list.

Marameko

07-14-2002

Thursday, November 26, 2015 - 1:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marameko a private message Print Post    
Excellent job Sanfran......it is amazing how these characters are corrupt...but then this is fantasy.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Thursday, November 26, 2015 - 1:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
Thanks. Glad you enjoyed it!
:-)

The great thing about Scandal is that each episode is exciting and something happens, but it never felt like a soap opera to me until I looked back at it over time and realized just wacky it has been! When I started that post above, I was about to write maybe 3 or 4 soap opera type points, but then each one reminded me of another and another and another... (I had totally forgotten that Fitz had been shot in the head!)

lol

Melfie1222

07-29-2002

Friday, November 27, 2015 - 12:21 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Melfie1222 a private message Print Post    
Love it :-)

David Rosen, a rising government attorney, becomes embroiled in helping out some friends with his attorney skills, they have some issues with election rigging and witness torture, you know, that kind of stuff, and need his help... suddenly he's US Attorney General, and now he's getting busy with Vice President Chief of Staff Elizabeth North, wherever, whenever. And he's not a brilliant gift giver. She totally noticed that the bracelet she rejected landed on Vice President Susan Ross's wrist and Susan has such a crush on David. It's ON!

Texannie

07-15-2001

Thursday, February 25, 2016 - 7:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
I am so confused!!! Why is that man killing people? What is daddy up to? Why is David sleeping with both women???

Texannie

07-15-2001

Thursday, February 25, 2016 - 7:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
Wow Cyrus is one sick <77>!!!!

Marameko

07-14-2002

Friday, February 26, 2016 - 5:35 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marameko a private message Print Post    
On my Sanfran,it is early on a Friday AM here on the East coast. Your overview had my head spinning and recalling all that has happened. Once again last night I got all warm and comfy and fell asleep during "Scandal" knowing that the DVR was cranking away. I can catch up this AM while getting ready for work and I see Cyrus Bean in a hotel room with the former Secret Service agent < the one who killed POTUS's son> in a hotel room with Cyrus. What the heck ? when did they hook up ?
Shonda has some shady folks on Scandal and HTGAWM

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Saturday, April 09, 2016 - 1:41 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
Oh no! The ex-VP died!

Apparently, he "had a fall"...face down onto the legs of a heavy metal chair...about 18 times...

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Saturday, April 09, 2016 - 6:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Lol - That was a nasty fall. Olivia sinks to new lows. How low can this show go? So at this point, dear Lovers of Liberty (sheesh is she annoying!!!) is there anyone left on the show who is worth cheering for?

I still like David and Susan but that is about it. David is weak but he's still got some humanity and Susan is so nice I don't know how she is even there.

Pjlover

09-12-2010

Thursday, April 14, 2016 - 10:17 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pjlover a private message Print Post    
Yep, there was a sale on Black Hats this episode. Olivia and Abby both donned one!

I agree Jimmer, no one left to cheer for. That's the main reason I quit watching HTGAWM after only 1 season.

Kappy

06-28-2002

Friday, April 22, 2016 - 9:21 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
Seriously, how many times do we have to see how Daddy breaks people?

Tvwatcher

04-16-2004

Friday, April 22, 2016 - 1:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tvwatcher a private message Print Post    
I wish someone would take him out! He's worn out his welcome and I'm so sick of him LOL

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Friday, April 22, 2016 - 2:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I'm tired of Olivia. On again, off again, Jake and Fitz drooling over her every whim. I just fast-forward through any love making scenes at this point. Jake and Olivia talking about him dumping his bride at the altar as the best thing to do without a care in the world about her feelings. It's like she is a mannequin or something. Talk about cold.

The rest of the characters are okay to watch.

Marameko

07-14-2002

Friday, April 22, 2016 - 4:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marameko a private message Print Post    
This storyline with Poppa Pope is tiring.I want him gone, maybe he will be written out soon .

Texannie

07-15-2001

Friday, April 22, 2016 - 5:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
I actually winced watching her decimate Jake at the church