TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through January 16, 2017

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: PBS Shows - General: Archive through January 16, 2017 users admin

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Monday, August 22, 2016 - 12:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Aww, I've never heard of it. I'll look into it. I felt the same way when All My Children ended.

Jasper

09-14-2000

Monday, August 22, 2016 - 8:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
I felt the same Sunny. I was so sad at the airport scene. My only consolation is that Endeavor will be back.

Sunnyday

08-07-2014

Tuesday, August 23, 2016 - 4:06 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sunnyday a private message Print Post    
Jasper, that airport scene made me want to cry. I will miss this show so much. I do watch Endeavor also but I haven't fallen in love with, something is lacking for me.
Lakecat, I was a big fan or All My Children for years, but work got in the way the last few years.
My teenage years my afternoons were filled watching AMC and GH.

Irsnappy

01-13-2009

Wednesday, August 24, 2016 - 6:35 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Irsnappy a private message Print Post    
Sugar, I also watch Dancing on the Edge and found that interview episode strange...just a filler I think.
I was watching Inspector Lewis but got bored and removed it from my dvr. of course I didn't know there was only 1 episode left...The Finale...dumb dumb dumb

Jasper

09-14-2000

Wednesday, August 24, 2016 - 3:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
I will say that the last couple of episodes were not as good Imo as prior seasons it may have been that Capt.

I really like endeavour and Friday.

Tishala

08-01-2000

Saturday, October 22, 2016 - 7:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tishala a private message Print Post    
I don't know whether anyone caught the Great performances' documentary about the musical Hamilton last night, but if not check out the PBS site for it. Just amazing and it makes me want to see the musical even more than before, but alas I'm on the wrong coast and only make it back once/year or so. Oh, and scoring tickets is pretty impossible and prohibitively expensive.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Saturday, October 22, 2016 - 9:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
I watched it and was so fascinated by it. I learned a lot about him that I did not know. It is starting here in San Francisco but unless you are a season ticket holder, there is a slim to none chance of getting a ticket. I am going to try.

Sugar

08-15-2000

Monday, October 31, 2016 - 6:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
Sacrilege! I saw a preview for a remake of Anne of Green Gables on PBS. The 1985 Kevin Sullivan production with Megan Follows was perfection!
The new series does have Martin Short which may be a saving grace.

Sugar

08-15-2000

Monday, October 31, 2016 - 8:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
Martin Sheen not Short. Oops.}

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Monday, October 31, 2016 - 9:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Huh?! Anne of Green Gables with Martin Sheen? As you said, Sugar, Kevin Sullivan's production was P.E.R.F.E.C.T.I.ON.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Tuesday, November 01, 2016 - 6:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
you had me going with martin short. I will tell you!

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Sunday, January 08, 2017 - 12:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
I don't remember if I first heard of Australian series "A Place To Call Home" here or where?? It's available for purchase on DVD or Amazon video or viewing on Acorn TV. Love it! I am bingeing it now.

Jasper

09-14-2000

Sunday, January 08, 2017 - 6:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
I don't know if it is the same on BBC American but Season 4 of A Place To. All Home starts Tues on BBC Canada.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Monday, January 09, 2017 - 12:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
I recently subscribed to Acorn TV. Season 4 will show up there eventually. I just started season 3. I've never had cable or satellite. I stream -- now I'm paying for TV.

Jasper

09-14-2000

Monday, January 09, 2017 - 10:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
I recommend Miss Fisher Color. I think that originates on Acorn.

Spunky

10-07-2001

Wednesday, January 11, 2017 - 12:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
I just watch PBS for some funny British tv series that I never get tired of watching, but on the same channel there is often Frontline and I don't miss any new ones and they keep coming already this year and very interesting the recent ones on the nuclear issue and more to come on the 'nuclear option'. I didn't remember the incident in 1980 in Arkansas of that silo that exploded and no one was certain that the nuclear warhead 600 times more powerful than the bomb that destroyed Hiroshima would go off. I'm actually surprised there weren't more dead people when the missile complex exploded and how despicable the actions of the Air Forces to fire the heroes that went there to prevent a tragedy, but they couldn't and so they were punished. Awful!

Another episode will deal with the uranium issue... I think all these documentaries about nuclear weapons so early in the year are unsettling... no matter how interesting.

Spunky

10-07-2001

Friday, January 13, 2017 - 10:40 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
I really feel thankful for channels like PBS and the wonderful documentaries of, not only Frontline, but also Nova and Nature. I saw last night a 2 hour (no commercials !) documentary on uranium which was simply awesome, I finally understood, with very simple graphics, what uranium is all about and it's really the dragon better left sleeping under the Australian soil (and now I understand why I had the bad luck I had after I moved a small rock at Uluru, I dropped it like a hot potato when I was told of the curse) but the simple fact of just moving it brought me the bad luck when I returned home, could be just a coincidence but I was really believing it was the curse. But uranium was destined to be found, even elsewhere, and the dragon roared in 1945. After years of discoveries of what it was doing to its victims we became aware of its great dangers, not only for humans but for the planet as well... while watching I was waiting patiently to hear a reference to the other nightmare, plutonium, but maybe the young physicist narrating will have another documentary on that. What a great narrator, a bit on the style of Neil DeGrass and its Cosmos series, narrating while travelling to each location and showing us what he was talking about it, I felt he was bombarded by all those radiations and I felt surrounded by radiations myself. Thankfully he also described the benefits of uranium with space discoveries and more important for nuclear medicine and also a cleaner source of energy... spoiled a bit but the recurring thought of accidents, like Chernobyl.
A great documentary and my thank you to PBS.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Friday, January 13, 2017 - 9:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
There are a lot of good documentaries on PBS -- Frontline, POV, American Experience, Ken Burns series, and others. Ken Burns series on the Vietnam war will be aired this fall. I've been waiting for that since I first heard about it 2 - 3 years ago.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Saturday, January 14, 2017 - 11:45 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
"Victoria" starts tomorrow night on PBS. Yippee! I love me a good costume saga!

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/masterpiece/shows/victoria/

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Sunday, January 15, 2017 - 11:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
It was excellent! The first TV show I ever saw in color was Victoria Regina starring Julie Harris in 1961.

Misspoufy

09-30-2004

Monday, January 16, 2017 - 8:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Misspoufy a private message Print Post    
Color you will LOVE Acorn TV. Pie in the Sky, George Gently, Murdoch Mysteries, Miss Fisher, and many wonderful others. We actually prefer the British shows to American television now.

Kappy

06-28-2002

Monday, January 16, 2017 - 9:43 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
Lol, Misspoufy, with Netflix I'm mostly watching all the British series I missed when they were shown on PBS. I considered Acorn but then realized that I have more then enough in past seasons to entertain me for quite awhile.

Glad to hear that Victoria is a good one.

Scout

01-19-2005

Monday, January 16, 2017 - 9:44 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scout a private message Print Post    
Does anyone know if they are ever going to air season two of Home Fires in the U.S.? I loved that series and I know it was cancelled, but I would still love to see the second season.

We just finished the first season of "Dr. Thorne" which is a Julian Fellowes series. It starts very slowly and was a little hard to follow at first, but it ended up really good. It wrapped up most of the storylines - so even if there isn't a second season, it has a nice and satisfying ending.

Roteach

06-01-2003

Monday, January 16, 2017 - 10:49 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roteach a private message Print Post    
Scout, I think Season 2 of Home Fires is set for PBS this spring.

Roteach

06-01-2003

Monday, January 16, 2017 - 10:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roteach a private message Print Post    
Acorn also has Doc Martin. I actually watched all of season 6 before it came out on PBS. Now I have to finish watching Season 7 on Acorn.