TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through May 27, 2014

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: All My Children: Archive through May 27, 2014 users admin

Rslover

11-19-2002

Friday, June 21, 2013 - 3:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rslover a private message Print Post    
Heck,
What podcast?

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Friday, June 21, 2013 - 6:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
Somebody posted a link on Facebook. It was live last night, but you can try this. You may have to copy and paste. It will be the first link under On Demand on this site:

www.blogtalkradio.com/tolnsoaps

Rslover

11-19-2002

Friday, June 21, 2013 - 9:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rslover a private message Print Post    
Thanks. I dl it and can skip over the OLTL talk.

Rslover

11-19-2002

Wednesday, June 26, 2013 - 1:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rslover a private message Print Post    
Starting July 1st, both AMC and OLTL will have their 2 weekly episodes and their "More" shows all uploaded on Mondays.

Kendall cameo on July 10.

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Wednesday, June 26, 2013 - 3:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
I'm really not liking this Colby. How ironic that Billy Clyde Tuggle rescued Dixie's grandson.

Rslover

11-19-2002

Monday, July 01, 2013 - 12:06 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rslover a private message Print Post    
Beginning 7/15:

OWN to Air 'All My Children,' 'One Life to Live'

The cable network will begin a 10-week run this summer with the first 40 episodes of the soaps.

OWN is taking a shot with daytime soaps.

Oprah Winfrey's cable network has acquired the first 40 episodes of All My Children and One Life to Live — currently running on the Online Network — for a limited 10-week run this summer.

The half-hour episodes will run Monday through Thursday beginning Monday, July 15. All My Children will air at 1 p.m. with One Life to Live airing at 3 p.m.

"These shows have proven to be very popular with a significant, loyal fan base, not to mention Oprah herself is a big fan,” said Erik Logan, president at OWN. “Many of our viewers across numerous platforms have expressed their passion for the soaps so we are especially excited to air this limited engagement on OWN.”
“We are really excited to bring OWN viewers and our audience at large an opportunity to catch up on All My Children and One Life to Live on traditional television,” said Jeff Kwatinetz, CEO Prospect Park Networks. “We look forward to our millions of fans enjoying the first 40 episodes of the shows."

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Monday, July 15, 2013 - 6:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
Interesting comparison today between Bianca, who loves her child, born from rape, and Cassandra, who hates hers. It sure seems like Cassandra will have an abortion, and will probably be the best thing for her. I don't think I was watching when Angie found Cassandra. What were her circumstances?

Rslover

11-19-2002

Tuesday, July 16, 2013 - 10:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rslover a private message Print Post    
I couldn't even remember myself, looked it up.
Angie found Cassandra in a dumpster in NY. She was married to Jacob Foster at the time and had lost her foster child Kayla. When they got divorced, she went to Paris.

Countrydaze

11-07-2003

Tuesday, August 13, 2013 - 11:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Countrydaze a private message Print Post    
I started watching online when it began, but I found myself missing the shows after the first week. I love it on OWN as I tape it and can FF through the commercials and am getting caught up. I hope OWN continues this.

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Wednesday, August 14, 2013 - 2:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
I don't get OWN channel. I would be curious to see it on there. I watch faithfully and I enjoy it, for the most part. I hope it continues. I had heard production was supposed to start back this week, but haven't heard that they have.

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Monday, August 19, 2013 - 6:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
I guess they are trying to make us feel sorry for Colby, but I don't. She's too much of a witch. Season finale is Sept. 2. I heard they will wrap up most of the storylines and explain the mysteries, but I don't see how they are going to do that in just two more hours of shows.

Cablejockey

12-27-2001

Tuesday, August 20, 2013 - 6:21 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cablejockey a private message Print Post    
The season ending is just for the OWN channel? They are still producing the show seen on Hulu?

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Tuesday, September 03, 2013 - 7:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
The article about OLTL being suspended for now, is reassuring to me, an AMC fan. I've read the writers are writing new scripts and production starts back next month, October. So season 2 is in the works. Probably after the new year. I wish it was sooner. Totally enjoy it. And was thrilled to hear Tad at the end of the last show!

Cablejockey

12-27-2001

Wednesday, September 04, 2013 - 10:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cablejockey a private message Print Post    
I read somewhere that online, All My Children is more popular than One Life! Hope they wrap up the lawsuit so OLTL fans can have their show back.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Tuesday, November 12, 2013 - 12:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I just read an article that said All My Children has been canceled for good.

http://blog.zap2it.com/frominsidethebox/2013/11/all-my-children-canceled-again-and-this-time-its-probably-for-good.html

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Tuesday, November 12, 2013 - 5:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
It's very disappointing news.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, November 12, 2013 - 7:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Is that the one with Todd and Starr?

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Tuesday, November 12, 2013 - 8:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
No, that's One Life to Live. But they were also on General Hospital, I think. I don't watch either of those. I think One Life to Live is cancelled, too.

Cablejockey

12-27-2001

Wednesday, November 13, 2013 - 7:00 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cablejockey a private message Print Post    
I was quite disappointed to hear this. I really thought things were going well with the online version--I know I enjoyed watching it!
This show has so many fans and viewers, why oh why does it keep getting cancelled?

Vickie

07-16-2004

Sunday, May 25, 2014 - 8:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Vickie a private message Print Post    
Sad news in the soap world. Poor Billy Clyde has passed away in the real world. Here is the story:

https://celebrity.yahoo.com/news/matthew-cowles-soap-opera-actor-husband-christine-baranski-133000778-us-weekly.html

Nessietessie

02-03-2007

Sunday, May 25, 2014 - 2:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Nessietessie a private message Print Post    
Billy Clyde was an awesome character on AMC. I was so sorry to hear of Matthew Cowles passing.

Kellee

07-07-2004

Sunday, May 25, 2014 - 3:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kellee a private message Print Post    
oh how sad for Christine they had such a long marriage especially by Hollywood standards. An article from a few years back where she talks about her marriage and how she loves Matthew for putting up with her.

http://www.webmd.com/balance/features/good-wife-christine-baranski-talks-about-good-living

Cablejockey

12-27-2001

Monday, May 26, 2014 - 11:01 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cablejockey a private message Print Post    
I was really shocked to hear about Matthew's death! His Billy Clyde was one of my favorite characters on All My Children.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Monday, May 26, 2014 - 11:41 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
I was also shocked how he looked exactly the same in some of the more recent pics I saw of him.

The Billy Clyde/Estelle Jenny/Jesse years were the best on AMC!

Cablejockey

12-27-2001

Tuesday, May 27, 2014 - 6:40 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cablejockey a private message Print Post    
Yes they were. The characters were so unique to tv and I am sure they wouldnt hold up by today's standards, but in their time these people put on some really good tv!
I keep thinking of that crazy bar in Center City--Foxy's. All the waitresses had to wear these fox costumes with ears and tails!
I wonder if there are any interviews out there talking about how Matthew Cowles got the attitude, mannerisms and dress of Billy Clyde?