TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through January 13, 2017

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Colony - on USA & Bravo (Canada): Archive through January 13, 2017 users admin

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, January 06, 2017 - 10:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I pay way too much, but I guess I get the CLOO channel.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, January 06, 2017 - 10:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
And, from People Magazine...

Will and his wife Kate have drifted apart as they've battled an alien invasion, but the season 2 premiere offers a flashback with surprising insights into their lives before things got otherworldly.

FWIW

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Saturday, January 07, 2017 - 5:04 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Sea, what is the CLOO channel?

Kitt

09-05-2000

Saturday, January 07, 2017 - 10:40 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
It shows mysteries usually (Cloo as in clue). I thought we got it (DirecTV) but it looks like we don't. Odd as it's not exactly a premium channel people would pay extra for.

"Will and his wife Kate have drifted apart..."
I saw that and thought of Prince William and Kate and wondered what was happening!

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, January 07, 2017 - 9:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
LOL.. well that makes sense.. though House and Colony marathons too. And Clues.

Oddly, I'm watching a marathon of This is Us today and they are showing previews of Colony but NO mention of the marathon on CLOO tomorrow.

I know.. Will and Kate..

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Sunday, January 08, 2017 - 4:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
I must not get the CLOO channel either (I'm o Cox Cable). I did a search for Colony to see if there was a marathon and nothing came up.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Sunday, January 08, 2017 - 4:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
So strange.. I guess I should get to watching before it takes over my dvr..

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, January 09, 2017 - 1:41 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Well I watched the marathon, so I'm ready, but it really is pretty depressing.

The main family is Will and Katie, who have a teenaged son and a young daughter, plus Charlie, who was I think on a school field trip the day the aliens took over and slammed a giant wall around parts of Los Angeles. They also have a dog.

Katie has a sister who has a diabetic son and insulin is in short supply if you don't have connections with the occupiers (or their human minions).

There are red hat squadrons to keep people in line, backed up with mean drones spying on everyone.

Parallels abound to Nazi Germany, and later we findbout that young children are being brainwashed to secretly side with the invaders.

So Will is willing to do anything to get Charlie back. Season 1 started with Will joining the people in power who report to the invaders.

Meanwhile, Kate has joined a resistance group.. and is asked to pass along information she gets from Will.. who trusts her. This gets more and more complicated as time goes on.

As the season ended...

Will is driving toward Santa Monica to look for Charlie. Charlie is a feral boy fighting for food in Santa Monica.

Katie is sitting in her home all alone with a camera surveilling her.

Her sister is up in the green zone with her lover who is the assistant to the new King who we haven't seen revealed yet. She has her diabetic son, Katie and Will's young daughter, Will and Kate's dog (who only appears now and then on episodes.. where he goes in between we don't now)..

And... tada.. guess who the guy brought in? The nefarious tutor who was training the young daughter to be a cult member for the aliens.. and now she will have access to the diabetic son of Katie's sister, too.

And the older son didn't go to the green zone, but went with his teacher under a tunnel in search of telescope parts, but they were apprehended so they could be in jail or on the way to the moon or.. wherever.

I guess Will's partner is on his way to Big Bear, but maybe he will show up.

Oh, Will.. he's taking credit for finding the alien and claiming that everyone else escaped, which they did after he warned them all. But he's off to Santa Monica and his pass was signed by the guy who was King.. who has been taken away, presumably to be executed.

Katie was the one to unshield the tracker in the alien body which brought in the storm troopers.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Monday, January 09, 2017 - 11:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Just saw Colony pop up on my DVR and I had no recollection of what it was! Hmmm... guess I need to get up to speed. Josh Holloway. Yay. But I can't remember if I even liked this show or not! :-) Maybe that is not a good sign.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Monday, January 09, 2017 - 12:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Pssst.. Brenda... look at the top post here in the last archive above... it's by you. :-)

(Note it was the first post here, but it archived when I posted... LOL).

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Monday, January 09, 2017 - 8:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Thanks Karuuna! LOL. Obviously I have CRS because I really could not remember if I even liked this show or knew there'd be a season 2. But thanks to the trusty DVR I'm in! I hope they give us a good recap.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Monday, January 09, 2017 - 9:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
LOL... I can relate. I read Sea's synopsis above and it sounded so unfamiliar, but I know I watched it!

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Tuesday, January 10, 2017 - 7:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
The problem with these shows is there is such an enormous gap between seasons. It's very hard to maintain any momentum, especially with shows with relatively complex ongoing stories.

I'm still looking forward to it though.

Speaking of remembering posting, I've made a post, then glanced up a thread only to see I made practically the same post a couple of weeks earlier.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Tuesday, January 10, 2017 - 10:14 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Thanks for the recap Sea. I'm kind of disappointed we didn't get a marathon this past weekend (especially on Saturday because the Saturday playoff games really sucked).

Roteach

06-01-2003

Tuesday, January 10, 2017 - 2:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roteach a private message Print Post    
First episode of the new season is tonight. I'm looking forward to it.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, January 10, 2017 - 6:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Jimmer, I have done the same thing.

I guess it is good news that I usually agree with myself.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, January 10, 2017 - 6:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
First new episode here is Thursday tge 12th.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Tuesday, January 10, 2017 - 7:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Thanks for the recap Seamonkey! It's all coming back to me now.

Roteach

06-01-2003

Wednesday, January 11, 2017 - 7:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roteach a private message Print Post    
I was so hoping the first episode was last night. I guess I got my Tuesday and Thursday mixed up. Ah well, only a few more hours of anticipation.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, January 12, 2017 - 12:49 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Last night was premier of This is Us season two. I guess it is best that they are on different nights (for those like me watching both)

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Thursday, January 12, 2017 - 1:28 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
Hey, Seamonkey...it's still season 1 of This is Us! It only first premiered in September of 2016....and then it took a break for a month starting after the Dec 6 episode and returned last night.

Did the holidays just feel extra, extra long for you this year? :-)

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt5555260/episodes?season=1&ref_=tt_eps_sn_1

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, January 12, 2017 - 2:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Ah, true.. but the gaps feel like season ends.. Ibam still in a lull here.

Uncle_ricky

07-02-2007

Thursday, January 12, 2017 - 10:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Uncle_ricky a private message Print Post    
Tonight's season premiere answered SO many questions! But a whole bunch of new ones surfaced too. I binged season one this past weekend, so now that we have to wait until next Thursday for the next episode is extremely frustrating! 😡

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Friday, January 13, 2017 - 4:17 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
YAY Uncle Ricky is watching!!! I recorded this last night so I will watch it tonight.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, January 13, 2017 - 4:35 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I recorded.. will watch.