TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through January 18, 2017

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: This Is Us: ARCHIVES: Archive through January 18, 2017 users admin

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, January 12, 2017 - 7:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
OK, rewatching. so I see the opening scene tells us what Jack's father was, a wife beater.. so I'm especially glad he took that money and did not share his family; that is one grandpa not needed.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, January 12, 2017 - 7:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
And we never saw a Diet Coke.. just when she said Coke, the mom said DIET Coke.. so I'm sure if the scene went on.. well I don't know what we'd have seen. I think just a cola in a glass with ice.

Still, the continuity people should have caught it.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Friday, January 13, 2017 - 2:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I didn't notice.. but I hated all those diet sodas, so I wanted her to stick to water.

Sea, me too!!! Too many chemicals in those diet sodas. I'm always trying to get my nephew to stop drinking them. Ugh!!! I totally lost my taste for soda of all kinds when I was pregnant. I did have a craving for Coke Slushees, though. Still don't drink soda to this day, and my baby is 16!

Pamy

01-01-2002

Friday, January 13, 2017 - 2:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
the irony was she wanted her to drink diet for health reasons for the baby as she lit a cig! LOL so crazy remembering we could smoke inside years ago and smoke while preggers or be around smoke while preggers

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, January 13, 2017 - 5:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Yep.. back in the day.. even when I started working there was smoking 🚬 everywhere.. and you didn't dare protest.

Now it is vapes.

At least at UCI Medical Center, the signs declare it a smoke and vapor free place.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Friday, January 13, 2017 - 7:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
When I was a kid, I asked my mother what she craved when she was "expecting" me.

Her answer was "just coffee and cigarettes".

Pamy

01-01-2002

Friday, January 13, 2017 - 8:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
LOL!

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Saturday, January 14, 2017 - 11:43 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
the irony was she wanted her to drink diet for health reasons for the baby as she lit a cig!

Pamy, I got the impression that she wanted her daughter to drink a diet coke more for her weight than for the baby. She seemed very image conscious. Didn't seem to care a fig about the babies.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Saturday, January 14, 2017 - 1:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
oohhh that makes sense!!

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Saturday, January 14, 2017 - 1:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
Yes, caffein-free diet coke didn't hit the market until 1983, a year after regular diet coke did in 1982.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diet_Coke

I thought it was a weight thing too because the mother butted in and ordered her pregnant-with-triplets daughter's meal for her, too....a salad!

Jenjackso

02-10-2009

Saturday, January 14, 2017 - 8:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jenjackso a private message Print Post    
And, she declined the wine but that wasn't a big deal back then. Our mom's drank wine and beer through their whole pregnancies with us. Might explain something, there I said it for you - ha.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Saturday, January 14, 2017 - 8:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
LOL

Whrlwnd

10-13-2006

Sunday, January 15, 2017 - 6:49 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Whrlwnd a private message Print Post    
That's what I thought, too, Babjaxmom. And perhaps that shows us why Rebecca later did something similar to young Kate by always suggesting less fattening options. I don't think she even realized she had repeated that pattern until recently either.

This show is so good!

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Sunday, January 15, 2017 - 4:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
The actor who plays Toby says that even though he KNEW Toby survived, the break was difficult for him, especially with people coming up to him wanting Toby to be ok.

Marameko

07-14-2002

Sunday, January 15, 2017 - 6:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marameko a private message Print Post    
"Toby" wears a fat suit, which I did not know. He is fortunate not to have try to lose weight in the public arena.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Monday, January 16, 2017 - 10:17 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
He may wear a fat suit for the show, but the guy is not a lightweight in real life. I like him and Kate together.

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Tuesday, January 17, 2017 - 8:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
So they went back to the pregnancy. I didn't think I would like it, but it was very sweet. I did miss the grown kids though.

Snoopsmom

02-19-2003

Tuesday, January 17, 2017 - 8:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Snoopsmom a private message Print Post    
This was my favorite episode of the season so far. Great script writing with laugh out loud funny, touching, and heartwrenching dialogue.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Tuesday, January 17, 2017 - 11:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
I wonder if Dr. K and his past and adult child and child's spouse are going to be more in the story in the future.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, January 18, 2017 - 12:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
It was ok.. brought in the fireman and how his marriage was unravelling and he actually brought the baby Randall home, because he and his wife hadn't been able to have kids. She rejected that and told him to get that newborn to the hospital ASAP.

But when he came home she told him it was sweet that he wanted to do that and maybe they could start over and they showed them re-enacting their first date.

And we saw more of Jack's best friend who wanted himn to start playing golf to get away from his family, and he realized no he didn't want to get away (this before the kids were born).

That is the guy she is married to now. I have yet to warm up to him much but of course we may learn more.

I definitely missed the adult kids this week.

Texannie

07-15-2001

Wednesday, January 18, 2017 - 4:41 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
Loved it!

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Wednesday, January 18, 2017 - 7:09 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
I loved the sweetness of this episode. I love how these three babies changed so many lives. I love Jack. He is the heart of the show.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Wednesday, January 18, 2017 - 9:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Milo is awesome as Jack. I see pieces of him in all the adult children's actions.

Cinnamongirl

01-10-2001

Wednesday, January 18, 2017 - 3:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cinnamongirl a private message Print Post    
Anyone know who played the firemans wife? I recognize her from somewhere...

Uncle_ricky

07-02-2007

Wednesday, January 18, 2017 - 3:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Uncle_ricky a private message Print Post    
She's Virginia Kull. She's been on a lot of shows but most prominently as the mother of the murdered young boy on "Gracepoint" (the Fox version) and on "Boardwalk Empire" as the mistress of Warren Harding and mother of Harding's illegitimate child. She's on the new Amazon series "Sneaky Pete" playing a crime colleague of Giovanni Ribisi's character.