TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through January 09, 2017

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Golden Globe Awards: Archive through January 09, 2017 users admin

Uncle_ricky

07-02-2007

Monday, January 09, 2017 - 8:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Uncle_ricky a private message Print Post    
I love how she never once mentioned his name during the speech. And then there are the whiners who complained that "celebrities" should stay out of politics. Yet they had no problem electing one of the most controversial celebrities of all time into the highest office in the USA. Guess they have no idea what the meaning of irony is.

Sportsfan

09-03-2007

Monday, January 09, 2017 - 8:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sportsfan a private message Print Post    
And that is why I stopped watching award shows. The left insist on making it all about political statements.

I remember when Meryl stood up and gave Roman Polanski (a child rapist) a standing ovation at the 2003 Oscars. What she says is meaningless to me.
#rapeapologist
#woodyallen#charliechaplin

Strategist

07-01-2014

Monday, January 09, 2017 - 9:04 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Strategist a private message Print Post    
Maryl Streep's speech needed to be done. He trashed "hollywood" and the "media" for more than a year. She had a right to defend decency and empathy.

Sportsfan

09-03-2007

Monday, January 09, 2017 - 9:10 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sportsfan a private message Print Post    
Bull crap. She showed no empathy at all.

Meryl could have taken her Golden "Opportunity" to send a message to the people promoting Unity and healing.

She could have sent Trump a message asking him to be a fair, inclusive President.
Instead she added fuel to an already roaring fire and managed to insult Football and MMA fans as well.

She can have her Woody Allen art....

Keldogg

08-12-2005

Monday, January 09, 2017 - 9:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Keldogg a private message Print Post    
This is a show hosted by the foreign press. Trump is attacking the press, including mocking reporters and targeting them in crowds.

She spoke nothing about policies or politics. She spoke of dignity and respect.

If people don't believe in those things, then we as human beings are done.

Keldogg

08-12-2005

Monday, January 09, 2017 - 9:18 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Keldogg a private message Print Post    
Well if we had followed this advice earlier, Trump would not be the president elect. Cuz all he is is a rich TV celebrity.

And of all people who should promoting unity and healing shouldn't that be Trump? Instead he continues to call people stupid and losers.

oh and by the way. that's what the Hamilton cast did...and got slammed by Trump for it. so much hypocrisy.

Talk about double standards!

Strategist

07-01-2014

Monday, January 09, 2017 - 9:20 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Strategist a private message Print Post    
Meryl Streep gave a beautiful speech. She spoke from her heart. She spoke the truth. Yay!

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Monday, January 09, 2017 - 9:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
The sad thing about what Meryl Streep said is it wasn't a political statement. It's not like she got up there and espoused conservative or liberal views or talked about foreign policy or the economy.

Without mentioning any names, all she did was talk about how it is wrong to bully and make fun of disabled people. Surely we all can agree with that? Anyone here disagree with it?

Holly

07-21-2001

Monday, January 09, 2017 - 9:36 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Holly a private message Print Post    
Mizinvancouver: "The highlight was how stoic, brave and Gracefully Meryl denounced Trump's presidency by his own shameful actions and how some followed and voted for him anyway."

Too bad she didn't denounce Roman Polanski's award for being a pedophile and rapist, isn't it? Rather, she stood and gave him a standing ovation. Hypocrisy at its worst.

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Monday, January 09, 2017 - 9:41 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
I challenge any one in the world to say they have never been a hypocrite in their life at one time or another. We are guilty of that.

Keldogg

08-12-2005

Monday, January 09, 2017 - 9:45 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Keldogg a private message Print Post    
And again rather than discussing the actual present day issue, diversion is used to try to discredit the person.

My memory must be slipping, as I do not remember Polanski being elected President. I do however remember Trump being accused and admitting to sexual assault.

Her speech was classy and right on point. Disrespect breeds disrespect, Considering Trumps disrespect to half of America, I think she was very kind to him.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Monday, January 09, 2017 - 9:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Hypocrisy at its worst.

How does that change anything about Trump? It has nothing to do with him.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Monday, January 09, 2017 - 9:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I'll ask the same question again. Without mentioning any names, all she did was talk about how it is wrong to bully and make fun of disabled people. Surely we all can agree with that? Anyone here disagree with it?

Legalboxer

11-17-2003

Monday, January 09, 2017 - 9:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Legalboxer a private message Print Post    
i am in agreement with you Jimmer :-)

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Monday, January 09, 2017 - 10:20 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Ditto Jimmer & Legal.

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Monday, January 09, 2017 - 10:24 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
You have my vote too, Jimmer and Legal.

Sportsfan

09-03-2007

Monday, January 09, 2017 - 10:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sportsfan a private message Print Post    
My objection is not what she said. It is that once again a venue that has nothing to do with Politics was used to push an agenda. Whether it is at a Sporting event or an Entertainment event I disagree with them being used this way period.

As to it being a political statement or not it sure had that effect as the news and social media are exploding with titles such as "Meryl Streep attacks Trump in Golden Globes speech"

"I challenge any one in the world to say they have never been a hypocrite in their life at one time or another. We are guilty of that."

Agreed, however if Meryl is given a pass for what she did in 2003 then why is DT not given a pass for his bad judgement in 2015? (not 2016 as Meryl stated by the way)
The way I see it is that because she agrees with your point of view she is given a pass. Whereas Donald will never be given a pass for anything as far as some are concerned.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Monday, January 09, 2017 - 11:02 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
As I noted, what Meryl Streep did was echo the desires of the most important person in the Polanski crime, and that is his victim.

Shouldn't her wishes be respected above all else? Because she is quite tired of everyone continuing the drama over what happened decades ago. She settled with him financially, and she wishes the rest of us would move on.

I think we should respect her wishes.

You are correct that I agree with what Streep said, because I agree with what is right and moral and good. So she not only gets a pass from me, she gets my standing ovation.

Trump will get a pass anytime he does what is right and moral and good as well.

Keldogg

08-12-2005

Monday, January 09, 2017 - 11:05 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Keldogg a private message Print Post    
"something he did in 2015" oh my....

and still continues to deny and still continues to act like a bully and a 5 year old child! apologies to all 5 year olds!

Legalboxer

11-17-2003

Monday, January 09, 2017 - 11:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Legalboxer a private message Print Post    
kellogg ... side note, i stopped saying "dont act like a baby" long ago because that is disrespecting babies. :-)

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Monday, January 09, 2017 - 11:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
He has no mouth filter. My motto is, just because it enters my mind doesn't mean it has to come out of my mouth.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Monday, January 09, 2017 - 11:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
I loved Meryl's speech. I also loved Hugh Laurie's. Nice to see The Night Manager picking up awards.

I wish Manchester by the Sea had won more. That was my main disappointment.

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Monday, January 09, 2017 - 11:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
I have never heard of many, many of the the nominated celebs as well as the movies and tv shows. But I did enjoy seeing the ones I knew. Hugh Laurie is an old fave of mine.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Monday, January 09, 2017 - 2:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
For Meryl Streep:

applause

Abby7

07-17-2002

Monday, January 09, 2017 - 2:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Abby7 a private message Print Post    
⭐️⭐️⭐️To Meryl Streep ⭐️⭐️⭐️

Watching it now.