TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through December 26, 2016

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Random Discussions: ARCHIVES: Archive through December 26, 2016 users admin

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Saturday, December 03, 2016 - 10:35 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
We have Netflix added to our Comcast.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Saturday, December 03, 2016 - 11:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
Naja, thanks for letting me know about Crackle. Watching comedians in cars now.

Naja

06-28-2003

Saturday, December 03, 2016 - 3:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
It was a nice surprise :-)

Florin

08-27-2006

Sunday, December 04, 2016 - 12:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Florin a private message Print Post    
Not sure where to put this but has anyone watched Flea Market Flip. It is on GAC and I think reruns are on HGTV but I could have the channels switched. I enjoy watching how the teams buy items and convert the item into something else.

Sugar

08-15-2000

Sunday, December 04, 2016 - 12:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
Florin, Flea Market Flip is one of my favorite shows. I remember their was a British one as well. Can't recall the title right now.

Sugar

08-15-2000

Sunday, December 04, 2016 - 3:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
It was called Bargain Hunter.

Kappy

06-28-2002

Friday, December 09, 2016 - 4:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
Anyone watch Rachael Ray? Quite a few years ago, I use to watch her 30 minutes meals program and really enjoyed it. In the past few months, I've been catching her hour long show once or twice a week and I've been surprised by how much she interrupts her guests or finishes their sentences for them. Has it always been like this? Even when it's a guest chef presenting their own recipe, she interjects with what she would do.

On one hand, I get wanting to have guests on a show but maybe she's more suited to a 30 minute segment where only SHE is the only one speaking, lol?!

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Friday, December 09, 2016 - 10:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
I often watch RR. Yes, she interrupts. At least once (probably more) it was commented on on her FB page. Can be very annoying when a host asks a question, guest starts answering, then host starts talking.

Sugar

08-15-2000

Saturday, December 10, 2016 - 10:29 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
I don't much care for the Rachel Ray show It was often on @ the PT office I went to and I think she is a bit annoying.

Kappy, we used to watch her other show where she traveled and would spent something like $30.00 or $40.00 a day on food. We went to a couple of the places she showed while we were in Italy years ago. Much better show, IMO.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Monday, December 12, 2016 - 9:45 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Does anyone watch Hawaii 5-0? I didn't understand when they said next week was the "Winter finale." The season just started 8 weeks ago!!!!

Y2krazy

09-17-2002

Monday, December 12, 2016 - 10:33 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Y2krazy a private message Print Post    
Just means no new episodes now until the new year. Several years ago, they just show re-runs through the Christmas season...or pre-empt regular shows for the specials. Now they call in season finale. That's all.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Monday, December 12, 2016 - 10:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
You mean "Winter finale?" LOL All they had to do was say no new episodes for the rest of the year after next week's episode. Why do they have to make everything so freaking complicated?

Thanks

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Monday, December 12, 2016 - 11:21 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Remember the olden days . . . when a TV season was app. 22 episodes, almost a half year. In the summer months, networks simply reran the whole season.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Monday, December 12, 2016 - 11:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Yes I do Color - on ALL 3 stations!

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, December 12, 2016 - 12:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Wish we could get that again. I loved being able to watch the whole season over again, and I don't want to do it streaming.

Sugar

08-15-2000

Monday, December 12, 2016 - 5:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
I only like to watch tv on tv. Don't like to use computer or tablet.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Friday, December 16, 2016 - 6:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
Naja, I don't know if you have Amazon Prime or not but they have Crackle on there as well and it has every episode of Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee.

Marameko

07-14-2002

Monday, December 19, 2016 - 6:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marameko a private message Print Post    
Anyone watching "Good Behavior" featuring Michelle Dockery from 'Downton Abbey " ? What's the word on this show ? A friend who watches but won't watch "House of Cards " likes it and not liking "House" is sacreligious in my mind...........

Florin

08-27-2006

Monday, December 26, 2016 - 12:24 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Florin a private message Print Post    
Has anyone besides me watched Leah Remini: Scientology series. I cant imagine a church telling me I had to cut out my family.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, December 26, 2016 - 12:35 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I have read so much about Scientology and Leah is just backing up what I have read.. Of course Scientology isn't really a religion but they have such heavy influence that they were able to be deemed one and thus they can avoid taxes on the massive amounts of money they take in.

And yes I've been watching.

David Miscavige's niece wrote quite a tell all.. as did his father.

But imagine.. the various fundamentalist polygamous cults also employ shunning of those who leave and forcing families to shun/cut off.

And the same goes for the Amish when people leave.

Mainstream LDS (Mormons) have some rules that keep people out or apart as well.

Yes, I've definitely been watching what Leah's doing and kudos to her! She was fortunate that her family left with her.

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, December 26, 2016 - 4:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Oh yes, I sure have been watching Leah Remini's show about Scientology. I think I posted the reminder it was on in the reality show premiere area.

I was so happy when she left. I just wish she would have done it long before she gave them millions of her own money.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Monday, December 26, 2016 - 5:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I've been watching also. It's been fascinating.

And using lie detectors ("the cans") during "audits?" Crazy stuff.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Monday, December 26, 2016 - 6:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I have a friend whose religion is Scientology. He and his family are very nice. Scientology beliefs aren't a lot stranger than most religions, however, I don't like the monetary aspects and that they shun people who try to leave.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, December 26, 2016 - 9:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Are their kids in Sea Org?

I don't want to get into an argument but I'm sure they are very nice and well meaning. Those running Scientology are NOT.

I see Scientology is getting constant disclaimers run during these shows and on websites.

Like a news story about Leah but then a link saying for the REAL story.. and it goes to Scientology.org.

John Travolta, who of course says he hasn't seen the shows, still knows that all is well and Scientology has helped him all his life. Of course there are questions about the care his son was getting before he sadly died.

And ask Nicole Kidman.. her marriage was not looked upon favorably because her father in Australia is a therapist and to Scientology those are evil people. And guess why Nicole doesn't see her adopted kids with Tom? Because they are scientologists and she is deemed a "suppressive person" because she dared to leave.

As Leah says what's not to like about the idea that you are making the world a better place?

But people who have died while being denied care under Scientology, the children who have been turned over and not raised by their own parents. So much harm.

And it isn't just Leah telling these stories. Far from it!

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Monday, December 26, 2016 - 9:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Their beliefs may not be "very" different from other religions, but their *practice* is more cult-like than most religions today. Beatings? Lie detectors? Family shunning? That's very concerning to me.