TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through December 03, 2016

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Random Discussions: ARCHIVES: Archive through December 03, 2016 users admin

Sugar

08-15-2000

Monday, October 31, 2016 - 6:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
We saved our recording of The Rocky Horror Picture Show, Do The Time Warp Again to watch tonight, Halloween. We are about half way through the show and what a disappointment. Laverne Cox doesn't have the voice the role requires and her performance is so flat it isn't even one dimensional. Riff Raff played by Reeve Carney is stealing the show.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Monday, October 31, 2016 - 7:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
We stopped watching it too, I waited for Adam Lambert and then gave up, just didn't have the appeal of the original.

Sugar

08-15-2000

Monday, October 31, 2016 - 8:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
It was pretty bad.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Monday, October 31, 2016 - 8:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
I forgot it was on. Guess we didn't miss much. How was Lambert? I miss seeing him on Glee.

Sugar

08-15-2000

Monday, October 31, 2016 - 9:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
I think he was fine. Honestly at that point I was paying more attention to my tablet than the tv.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Tuesday, November 01, 2016 - 6:09 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
The reviews were so bad that I didn't watch at all. Plus it wasn't live like Grease and The Sound of Music, etc. which was a disappointment as well.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Thursday, November 03, 2016 - 10:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Anyone else watch Dick Wolf's three Chicago shows? I do. I'm in the 'burbs. One scene in Fire was filmed not far from me in the 'burbs at my first place of employment.

Favorite in this order -- P.D., Med, Fire. There was a specific scene in the pilot episode of Fire that didn't do it for me . . . so it's on the bottom. Maybe an age thing?

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Friday, November 04, 2016 - 2:07 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
I watched Chicago Fire but then they had that awful story arc with the cop stalking Casey. Then they started PD featuring the same cop character I really didn't couldn't stand so I didn't watch that one, except when it was a crossover from Law & Order SVU or one of the other Chicago shows.

I like Oliver Platt so I started watching Med but the red haired doctor character worked my last nerve. The writers made him so predictably and childishly rebellious and he got so much screen time I just got fed up and quit Med altogether.

When this season of Fire started I saw a "previously on" montage and it featured one estranged couple, one couple just getting together, and some other couple drama....I decided it had morphed into more sappy soap opera than firefighters so I dumped this one, too.

Funny how loyal I was watching Fire but after I finally dumped I realize it hasn't crossed my mind once until I read the above post!

I think one of the reasons it was so easy for me to dump these shows (I'd watched Fire from the start) was because I kind of resented the fact that they had 3 interlinked Chicago shows running, with a 4th on the way and they kept doing crossover stories, expecting viewers to follow ALL of them. I didn't mind one hour a week, but four? Nope, they just weren't that good (for me)...

Anyhow, there were plenty of new shows that I liked much better to fill the hours I got back from dumping the Chicagos.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Friday, November 04, 2016 - 4:29 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
And Fire made a mistake. Glaring error if you're local. Audio they sent fire trucks to an address on Roosevelt Avenue. WRONG.. It's Roosevelt ROAD. Who let that pass? If they weren't local, I probably wouldn't watch Med or Fire either. I have them on, but don't give them my full attention.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Friday, November 04, 2016 - 6:22 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I just watch Chicago PD. I've never got around to watching the others.

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Thursday, November 10, 2016 - 7:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
Speechless was really good last night.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Thursday, November 10, 2016 - 9:45 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
I was shocked it was on demand before it showed on TV.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, November 18, 2016 - 6:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Has anyone watched Pure Genius? Now that Blacklist is over I have a spot in my schedule so saw it for the first time. I really enjoyed it, even though it is a doctor show and a tech show, I found it to be interesting and different.

Will watch it some more to see what they do, oh and one of my fav actresses from Royal Pains is on it, I forget her name but I recognized her instantly.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Saturday, November 26, 2016 - 1:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
OK binged watched Search party. I guess no one is watching this weird show the only ads on demand are other TBS shows. Each hour show takes 45 minutes. what a weird ending, almost makes watching 10 shows to get it,I can't believe they ever meant it for more than 10 shows, there is nothing that could follow up that ending, it was an end ending!

Naja

06-28-2003

Saturday, November 26, 2016 - 2:43 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I posted about Search Party in the premieres thread on Monday. I really enjoyed it.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Saturday, November 26, 2016 - 2:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
have you seen all the episodes, because the ending really threw me.

Naja

06-28-2003

Saturday, November 26, 2016 - 2:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Yes, I saw them all. I thought the ending is what made it so great. The whole tone of the show made it so you would never expect that.

It's actually ten 30 minute episodes (including commercials). They played 2 episodes each night it aired, but they put all 10 episodes in on-demand at once like they have been doing with the online shows.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Sunday, November 27, 2016 - 10:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
ok, I must have been thinking of another show without ads (Frequency?). but I know I flew through these shows because there were no commercials on demand.

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, November 30, 2016 - 10:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I'm watching Tim Daly do an interview and feel like I'm mad at him or I dislike him. That usually means I have seen that particular celeb on a show where he was a bad guy within the few years. I am blanking out. I'm trying to remember without looking it up, but google seems to have made mind turn to mush.

Without looking it up, can anybody recall him playing something bad recently? Don't cheat! :-)

Jasper

09-14-2000

Thursday, December 01, 2016 - 7:06 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
I always think of Wings when I think of him so the only other association I have is the current commercial he's in for Madame Secretary (I think). Bottom line I am absolutely no help.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Thursday, December 01, 2016 - 11:40 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I didn't like him on Private Practice, but that was a few years ago. He was irritating, but not a bad guy on that.

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, December 01, 2016 - 2:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I just thought of it, and it wasn't because he was on a newer show. It was because he was on an older show that I had recently re-watched some episodes.

And just like you said about Private Practice, Kitt, he didn't play a bad guy, just an annoying guy.

It was on Sopranos when he played the dipstick writer who was helping Christopher and his thug buddies write their movie "Cleaver". He was such sniveling little ass in that role. I was almost relieved when Christopher put him out of his misery....LOL

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Thursday, December 01, 2016 - 3:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
Still loving Speechless.

Saw ads for Match Game, and To Tell the Truth. Glad they will be back. Hope the others come back, too.

Lazylu

04-09-2010

Thursday, December 01, 2016 - 5:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lazylu a private message Print Post    
I like Tim Daly on Madame Secretary because he is really her boyfriend and they are cute together. Silly, I know. LOL

Naja

06-28-2003

Saturday, December 03, 2016 - 10:31 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I didn't notice this until last night.

If you have a comcast X1 box, say "Crackle" into the remote. The crackle steaming service shows up on the screen. That's the free streaming service that hosts Jerry Seinfeld's "Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee".

I knew they had added Netflix to the box, but I didn't realize Crackle was there. It wasn't listed with the apps like Netflix was.