TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through December 05, 2016

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Walking Dead: Walking Dead TV Show Discussions: ARCHIVES: Archive through December 05, 2016 users admin

Pamy

01-01-2002

Tuesday, November 22, 2016 - 8:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
in real life we know why they were gone so long she was preggers and he was filming 24 :-)

Rehtse

08-17-2005

Wednesday, November 23, 2016 - 2:36 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rehtse a private message Print Post    
Can someone please give Carl a haircut? Or is he trying to start the new hair craze a la the Fawcett or Rachel?

Lostfan

03-10-2010

Wednesday, November 23, 2016 - 1:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lostfan a private message Print Post    
I thought same thing about Carl's hair Ugh

Sneak peak with Tara and Heath

http://www.amc.com/shows/the-walking-dead/video-extras/season-07/episode-06/sneak-peek-of-the-walking-dead-season-7-episode-6?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_content=2-sneak-peek-706&utm_campaign=the-walking-dead

Vickie

07-16-2004

Monday, November 28, 2016 - 11:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Vickie a private message Print Post    
Just saw last nights episode #6. It now has given Tara an understanding about the Saviors.

Heath is old Alexandria through and through.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Monday, November 28, 2016 - 12:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I am concerned that Heath (if he ever gets back to Alexandria, which I assume they will, if he wasn't coming back they would have killed him off last night) will gang up with Spencer and rebel in some way that gets more people killed.

Tara's in a bit of a pickle. She shouldn't reveal Oceanside to the others imo, but I think she needs to tell them about the killing of the group's men. I think she should tell Rick or Michonne as they would respect he wish not to reveal the location, but I think she will tell Rosita and it will all go horribly wrong.

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, November 28, 2016 - 12:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Did anybody else think "Why is zombie Heath in a dress"?

Then it hit me a couple seconds later that it wasn't Heath LOL

Kitt

09-05-2000

Monday, November 28, 2016 - 12:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
LOL, no I was too busy telling my husband that he was right (he thought Heath would be killed) but then he wasn't, nyah ha ha.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Monday, November 28, 2016 - 1:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I can't imagine that the producers created Oceanside and then won't have them in upcoming episodes.

As for Heath in a dress, I had to double take that. At first I thought it was Heath. Then I saw the dress and got confused. Then I realized they were just messing with us.

Jasper

09-14-2000

Monday, November 28, 2016 - 3:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
I really liked last night's episode. A change of pace. Heath either deserted her or was grabbed by the Saviours. I think. While I thought this was good I haven't liked the last two Talking Dead eps. To me it's not as enjoyable when he has a buddy on, gets a little sophomoric and doesn't feel as inclusive. I thought Elvira was a pretty bad guest as well. Not Marilyn Manson bad but not good either. Too bad Sarah Hyland wasn't there. I though she was good last time.

Lostfan

03-10-2010

Monday, November 28, 2016 - 3:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lostfan a private message Print Post    
Maybe we will see Heath in a cell with Daryl ....

I too thought that was Heath zombie until I did a double take! Lol

I also thought that black zombie looked like Morgan's zombie wife ..... Hmmm lol

Pamy

01-01-2002

Monday, November 28, 2016 - 8:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Jasper, I agree about TD/

I have a feeling Heath will end up in the Saviors. There was a reason they showed him telling the story about not liking what they did

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Wednesday, November 30, 2016 - 8:07 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
JDM is Kelly Ripas co host today.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Sunday, December 04, 2016 - 10:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
It looks like a lot of folks think Lucille was too much:

It’s almost like somebody is taking a baseball bat to The Walking Dead’s ratings.

AMC’s mega-hit fell sharply after its seventh season premiere last month, and has declined steadily each week since to mark the steepest ratings fall in the show’s history. In fact, Sunday’s fifth episode of the season delivered the show’s lowest viewership since season 3.

http://www.ew.com/article/2016/11/23/walking-dead-ratings

Pamy

01-01-2002

Sunday, December 04, 2016 - 10:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
I thought he was going to kill Carl so I found this ep really intense. Negan still made me chuckle a couple of times.

Can't believe we only have 1 ep left until Feb.

Snoopsmom

02-19-2003

Monday, December 05, 2016 - 10:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Snoopsmom a private message Print Post    
Interesting article about the ratings. I find I really dislike this season. We're at the winter finale and have no resolution to anything. We never saw a detailed reaction to the loss of Abraham and Glenn, just jumped around from episode to episode. Carol is still with the King's group that we've learned nothing about; Rick and Daryl barely have speaking lines, just quiver and grunt. There seems to be no bond anymore between the core group because they are spread out and never interact and the zombies have become secondary.
I would have expected some satisfactory story line or progress by halfway through the season, but they are just dragging it out. Expect more of the same now that it's confirmed JDM is signed for season 8. Even Negan's people hate him. There is safety in numbers and I find it unbelievable that there has not been a revolt, or that one of his concubines hasn't killed him in his sleep.
There is a good possibility that during the winter finale break I'll lose what little interest has kept me watching.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Monday, December 05, 2016 - 11:10 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Well it would take a lot to stop me watching, but I agree with everything Snoops says. The individual episodes are good but they seem to have forgotten that a lot of us are watching for the human interaction, and however good the conclusion of a storyline might be (I'm assuming this will come together at some point) we want to see at least most of our main group having meaningful moments along the way.

They need to focus.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Monday, December 05, 2016 - 12:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
I kind of think they are focused...but just not on the storyline that most people were expecting.

They're doing a great job of showing how fractured the group is...but they're also focusing on several characters who have definitely not yet given up. Rosita, Jesus, and Carl...and maybe even the much aligned Spencer. We know that no matter what kind of shape Daryl is in, he still has a lot of fight in him. We also know (at least *I* think I do) that no matter what Rick is saying or doing right now, he is still looking forward to the right time and the right place to make his move. Carol hasn't given up either.

At this point we have four "good guy" colonies (Alexandria, The Hill, The Kingdom, and the seaside colony of savior-hating women) and one "bad guy" warlord with a lot of scared minions who actually hate him. This may be heading towards an alliance of entire colonies rather than just being about various small alliances of handfuls of individuals who happened to find one another in the zombie apocalypse. (It makes me think of all the various disenfranchised factions that united to fight the "bad guys" on Game of Thrones!) This could be the beginning of a full blown revolution!

In any case, I'm in it to the bitter end.

I sometimes envision that the series ultimate end will be a flash forward scene of a grown up (or even old) Judith wearing Carl's ratty old hat as she's leading a group of survivors to safety somewhere. That wouldn't bode well for many in the current group, but it would still show us that hope remains alive and strong. This is not a "happy ending" kind of show but it is certainly a "hope and perseverance" kind of show. In the zombie apocalypse "survival" might be the only "win" they can attain.

No matter how the characters wind up, it's the journey, not the end that matters. This particular journey has me completely hooked.

I'm as loyal to this show as Carl is stupid. :-)

Kitt

09-05-2000

Monday, December 05, 2016 - 3:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Yes, I think their focus is on spinning this tale into some sort of big get together attack on Negan, it's just right now it's so bitty and we're spending a lot of time on a few, sometimes newbies and not on the group. At least when they did that in Season 4 they were focusing on "our guys" and we kind of knew they'd all end up in Terminus.

I like that ending. I think it has to be that - hope for the future - or they reach some kind of proper safe zone that's established enough that the people who run it are both good and competent. I'd be happy with either in a story sense, but the first option might involve more tears.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Monday, December 05, 2016 - 4:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
I see what you mean, but there are hardly any of "our guys" left!

Most of "our guys" were actually newcomers who came in later...seasons 3-5 or so, like Judith, Maggie, Michonne, Eugene, Sasha, Rosita, Tara, and Morgan (who is an outsider when it comes to "the group")...and that's not even counting the newcomers who became part of "the group" and then died, like Beth, Tyrese, and Hershel, etc...

Our original guys are just Rick, Carl, Carol and Daryl...everyone else was a newcomer. If they don't keep bringing in more newcomers that we can grow fond of, the show will just sort of fade out and disappear.

Last night when they had the scene with Spencer, I got the idea that he was on the road to a much bigger part. I'm always wondering who will get drawn in to become part of the always shrinking group.

I'd like to see Jesus become a bigger role, too.

Of course, I'm looking at it like its going to last another ten years...but it's already in the middle of season 7 and we know there's a season 8, but most shows, even really good ones, rarely last much longer than that.

Some of the actors are so popular now, I'd think they might be wanting to expand their resumes by going on to other things soon.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Monday, December 05, 2016 - 4:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
"I'd be happy with either in a story sense, but the first option might involve more tears."

In my vision, it would just fade from a present day world with grown up Carl and Judith and an older Rick and Carol and Daryl, all relatively happy, and then jump ahead a couple of decades or so to the scene with Judith being the leader with the ratty old hat. That way we wouldn't have to see any of them die.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Monday, December 05, 2016 - 5:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
What happened to Jesus, I saw him with Carl in the back of the truck, then what?
Jeez I'd already forgotten about The King and Carol. I'm not liking this season much.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Monday, December 05, 2016 - 6:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Our original guys are just Rick, Carl, Carol and Daryl

That's depressing! I'd include everyone from the farm as original (even though they're not) but that only adds in Maggie.

I think there's a wonderful dynamic between Rick and Daryl, and between Carol and Daryl, and we're definitely missing that.

Lake, Jesus jumped out just before they arrived at The Sanctuary, but them somehow sneaked inside, because at the end of the episode we saw him back on the roof of the truck. And then suddenly he was gone, so I presume he snuck back in there once it started moving and went with Negan and Carl back to Alexandria.

Wonder what he did inside, or if he just wanted to know where the compound was, and that Carl was ok... I am guessing Dwight gave Daryl the key (although they probably want us to think it was Sherri) because he's realised the life he thought would be bearable actually isn't.

Sunnyday

08-07-2014

Monday, December 05, 2016 - 7:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sunnyday a private message Print Post    
Morgan was on the first year when Ricky woke up.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Monday, December 05, 2016 - 7:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
LOL Sanfran!!! I'm just as loyal!!!

I couldnt figure out what Spencer was trying to do, how did he know that walker was in the tree?

Vickie

07-16-2004

Monday, December 05, 2016 - 10:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Vickie a private message Print Post    
What shook me up on this episode was the priest dude. I did not realize he has been drawn in completely to Rick and backed Rick up to Spencer. Is his name Father Gabriel? I am so bad with names. He explained that Rick had helped him find his inner self and got back his faith.

I didn't think that Jesus gave Darryl the key it had to of been one of two people and I agree that it must be Dwight.

It was so funny when they opened up the gate and it was Negan's people who were the gate keepers. It had Spencer freaked out lol I am now concerned for little Judith & I applaud Olivia!! Michonne is a badass for sure she always is up to something.

All of you guys get the previews for the next show what do they say comes up next week? Are we jumping to another group of folks to end the first half of this season?